You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

£100 to £10k

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
Hi

I decided on giving this challenge a go after recently hitting a downswing in my usual games of £5-£33 tournaments and the roll was pretty close to £100, so thought instead of making another deposit id try rebuilding, giving myself some extra motivation with a disiplined challenge and at the same time inspire others who start poker with £50-£100 rolls.

There is no guarentee i wont bust.The hardest part will be with disipline of staying in games i can afford within the bankroll and staying focused which can be difficult when you are playing for prizes far smaller than what you are use to.

The plan for now is £50-£100 roll = £1-£3 tournaments no rebuys
                            £250- £500 = Anything up to £5 including rebuys
                            £500- £1000 Anything up to £11 including rebuys
                            £1k + anything up to £33
If we drop to £50 we will only play £1 and £2 tournaments.

This challenge wont include cash games because i tilt too much in cash, and no dyms because imo they are the toughest way out of the 3 to build a roll as they hold the smallest edge.

If you have some questions ill try answer them.

We start with a clean £100 from tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Gl

Mini UKOPS coming up should be perfect for you then.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Good luck, should be an interesting read!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Good Luck with this mate really like these Challenges
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    awesome! I hope you make it i will watch with interest! good luck
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    best of luck with this  if i can do it any 1 can  ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pretty sure you bust me from a £55 in the past few days that you were chip-leading with 2 tables left - did you manage to not make ft??

Well £1 tournaments suddenly got a whole lot tougher for everyone! Please take as long as possible doing this so £11-33 become a bit easier - I won't miss you <3

- For the first part of your challenge, 'stage 1' if you will, even though you've said £1-3 are you going to play the £0.55 micro thing? Never played it but assume it would be a good addition on that kind of roll?

- Think you can probably play 1r in stage 1 - tends to be pretty small field and plays relatively deep - genuinely one of my favourite games if just playing a bit of relaxed game.

- Someone mentioned Mini UKOPS- great shout. Even if you're only 'allowed' to play up to 5s by then, would be tempted to play the 11 mains when you can. Going to be pretty fun tournaments and if you're only adding in the one each night rather than completely moving up to all 11s it shouldn't harm your chances too much. 

- Completely agree about focus and I think that's where most people struggle when playing lower games than usual. People tend to think 'oh, I normally play much higher than this, therefore this will be easy' or 'I deserve to win without even trying because I'm better than these games'. Can't underestimate lower stakes - some of my toughest battles have been in that flippin' 1r!!!

Glgl!! Regular updates pls!

P.s. No UKOPS? :( inb4 you yolo whole roll on Main Event!
    P.p.s Will probably be joining you in that £0.55 game after the inevitable UKOPS carnage
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gl I will watch the thread, £100-£10k would be impressive if you documented the whole thing

Although i think you will get bored after a while and move back up :D
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the well wishes

Will i play ukops or mini ukops events? It depends on how the challenge goes.If I put enough hours in before then i may have a roll big enough to shot take some mini ukop mains and try sat into some of the main ukops series events.

To answer your questions angmar, that wasnt me in the £55, i dont play £55s apart from ukops events.

Onto the first day of the challenge, it went well.I took angmars advice and played the 0.55 and 1r.I managed to min cash the 1r.10th place.
    I did manage to get a win on the first day, winning a £1 deepstack for £32.I got lucky that my opponent hu decided to go all in every hand when we were around 40bb deep.The difference between first and 2nd is so valuable, specially when you are building a roll.

Played a total of maybe 10 games for the night, volume is hard to get in short periods of time when your limited to a small selection of buy ins, but maybe having less tables helped me focus that bit more.

Ive reset my ss graph so stats will be easy to follow for the challenge.

Gl at the tables and ukops.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Gl on this challenge I will follow with interest buddy
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Really good to see you chronicling this Mr Arrogant.

I think you can do it. GL.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack(2.15 deepstack) yet.
    Good luck on your quest.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    sounds like you're off to a flyng start gl
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Best of luck. Look forward to seeing how you get on.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: £100 to £10k:
    Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack(2.15 deepstack) yet. Good luck on your quest. All the best. Rainman215.
    Posted by rainman215

You don't miss an opportunity to promote this!

I intend to play in it on Wednesday.

Keep up the good work my friend.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Havent played too many games since last update, only managing a couple of final tables and no wins.Have run pretty bad and dropped to around breakeven so far for the challenge.I will start to put more hours in the next few days and expect things to start improving alot with a few wins.

Some adjustments have been made to what we play, adding £1.6 sats to try get into £7 sats to the daily mains.Have also added 2r turbo mtt and dropped the 0.50 just because its a bit too micro to really help as that much at this point.

I must say the £2.20 deepstacks are great games because of structure compared to the stuff like £2 and £5 bounty hunters and its a shame there are not more of these running, specially from earlier in the day.If there were alot more of these games, it would make the challenge easier as skill is rewarded more than luck and would help reduce variance.

Would also add that for players who are micro only and are beating £2.20 deepstacks @ 50% roi + , they could beat the daily £33 majors on this site.
    Thats my opinion and id be interested to hear what others think about that and what their favourate game on the site is.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    i play the £2 deepies all the time i think i do ok in them but i couldn,t specifically tell you what my ROI is in them games i have to say tho if i ever manage to sat into any of the mains which is rare i never do well , in the nine years ive played on this site i think ive FTed twice if memory serves , its on my bucket list to win one and i will die a happy man if i ever acheive this feat
    gl in your quest arrogant it will be amazing if you reach your goal
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Havent played too many games since last update, only managing a couple of final tables and no wins.Have run pretty bad and dropped to around breakeven so far for the challenge.I will start to put more hours in the next few days and expect things to start improving alot with a few wins. Some adjustments have been made to what we play, adding £1.6 sats to try get into £7 sats to the daily mains.Have also added 2r turbo mtt and dropped the 0.50 just because its a bit too micro to really help as that much at this point. I must say the £2.20 deepstacks are great games because of structure compared to the stuff like £2 and £5 bounty hunters and its a shame there are not more of these running, specially from earlier in the day.If there were alot more of these games, it would make the challenge easier as skill is rewarded more than luck and would help reduce variance. Would also add that for players who are micro only and are beating £2.20 deepstacks @ 50% roi + , they could beat the daily £33 majors on this site. Thats my opinion and id be interested to hear what others think about that and what their favourate game on the site is.
    Posted by Arrogant
    plus 1 to this i would like more 2 pound and 5 pound and even ten pound longer structured tourneys
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    good luck on the grind
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    How many bullets are you allowing for 2r? Or just single entry? If multiple think I'd rather play a 5.5 or something as having your highest buy-in as a turbo is a bit variance-heavy for me.

Completely agree about structure, though to be fair to Sky I think when they've done a 5.5 deepstack (5k/12, not the megastack) it wasn't very popular? People love the bounties :) Also I quite like the way higher buy-ins generally tend to get a better structure - so I'll happily play 33 or 55 for the nicer structure, but never 22. So favourite game I'd say, even though only recently started adding it would be 7pm 55 on a Sunday. Good structure and a small field which I like. Plus I'm a sucker for bounty hunters! I know others disagree but it's nice to not cash and still get a chunk of buy-in back!

Least favourite I'd have to say the 7 at 7! Always have an absolute stinker in it!

Do you think there are many people who beat the 2.2 deepstacks for that much who would still regularly play them? I have no idea, but would be interesting to see. Would be fun to take 10 players who's main game is the 2.2 and 10 players who's main is the 33 and swap them round for a few sessions to compare how they did in the different game.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi 

Since last update i was sticking to the same games but it was very tough.For me personally i need more than a couple of tables to play without getting bored and this wasnt possible on sky with the buy ins i was playing.Also because of volume being so low there was a possibility of this challenge taking a very long time.
    For me this wasnt an option, so i decided to take the risk of adding £5 bounty hunters to the schedule.I did this with the roll being at around £80.Crazy br management you might think but after checking some stats of some players who win in £5 and under games, the max downswing on average seemed to be around £200-£250.It wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, and thats probably partly down to it being a bounty heavy schedule on sky, which reduces variance.

Luckly the first day i added these games i cashed a load of them with a decent chunk of bounties and got back to around £100 br.Then since yesterday i won 1 £5 bh for around £120 and tonight won a 1r and 2£ deepstack.The starting roll has now been doubled.
    I think once i get to £300 the pressure will be off a bit, as the likelyhood of busting will be slim.Right now ive been having to take £1 deepstack final tables as serious as i would ukops main.

Now i have found my ideal setup of games i will keep pumping out the volume and stick to the original plan i made as to when to add higher games.The only chance u will see me in anything higher than £5 is if ive sat into it.

To answer your question about rebuys, ive been nearly always late regging to get in for 1 bullet and then adding on.I did play the ukops 5r tonight, didnt rebuy or addon as spending £10+ would of been too out of line, but thought playing the event like a freezeout was worth it for what was up top.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Didnt realise been so long since last update but heres whats been happening..

Weeks 2 and 3 were pretty average, was making very small steps of profit.Got deep in many but constantly ran into alot of coolers.I have been trying to work on folding more sets and flushes but its hard to get the balance right in these low stake fields.They are more willing to mix things up and its sometimes harder to get a read on them than you would when you play the regulars in the higher buy in games.

Week 4 the roll was around £300 i think and managed to have a good week and get it to £700.To get it to this point i played everything from £1 to £5.Most success was had in £5 and £2r tournaments which was great being the high end of my buy ins.
    Latest win on sunday being the £5 deepstack.A nice tournament to play bar the min cashes not paying double your money at least.Strange as the £2 deepstacks do pay double your money.

Sunday could of been epic as i also got deep in the £11 major which i decided to play after a good week.First paid just over £600 but lost biggish pot with kk vs a rag and then 88 <aq to bust in 12th.

For now im delaying playing £11s apart from the odd shot take as id much prefer not to have a few hundred pound downswing, and wait till i get to £1k before they are part of my daily schedule.I have added the 7 for 7 to my schedule tho.

Roll - £670

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Very nice work sir, wp indeed.

And gl with the rest of your challenge.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    gl in your challenge
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks

Weeks 5 and 6 averaged £150 a week profit.At this point we got to 52% total roi which was good as i was aiming to get over 50% at these micro stakes.

Week 7 was a setback as went on a downswing of around £140.Spent the rest of the week recovering this loss and managed to finish b/e ish with last friday making 4 final tables at the same time finishing with 1 1st, 2 2nds and 1 3rd.Always a nice feeling multi tabling final tables, but always more pressure when u need good results to climb out of a downswing.

Today i started week 8 with a small session but lost £30 and cut it short early.I probably wont play many hours till friday onwards, aiming to try get into the mega sunday major maybe and over 1k roll so we can start playing £11 tournaments regularly.

Roll - £960
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Top work Mr Arrogant, top work.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Weeks 5 and 6 averaged £150 a week profit.At this point we got to 52% total roi which was good as i was aiming to get over 50% at these micro stakes. Week 7 was a setback as went on a downswing of around £140.Spent the rest of the week recovering this loss and managed to finish b/e ish with last friday making 4 final tables at the same time finishing with 1 1st, 2 2nds and 1 3rd.Always a nice feeling multi tabling final tables, but always more pressure when u need good results to climb out of a downswing. Today i started week 8 with a small session but lost £30 and cut it short early.I probably wont play many hours till friday onwards, aiming to try get into the mega sunday major maybe and over 1k roll so we can start playing £11 tournaments regularly. Roll - £960
    Posted by Arrogant

Great Work there, that lad .

• Options
    edited May 2017
    So sick! Respect for sticking at it, even during downswing
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    not heard much from you about your diary recently arrogant maybe you would like to explain to the forum how low you had to sink today to slowroll me with aces on the final table bubble of the 220@215 deepstack?