You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jackpot Syndicate. Tue 4th April. Our first Trial Run. We ended up with the first five winners, but

Comments

• edited April 2017

IN for 5 shares then. As mentioned before, purely as a financial backer.
  • edited April 2017

Hi G

Following with great interest.

Could take 10 shares.

Will leave selections to you.

Thanks

Roger.

• edited April 2017
    We'll see how we go in today's trial.

As I said before:

I think we win on average 1 time in 12, get either 4 or 5 legs correct 9 times out of 12, and 3 legs or worse the other two.

• edited April 2017
    Really interested to see how you do with this Graham, though sadly i can't afford to join you, but if you need any help with selections anytime from a neutral's perspective with quite a lot of knowledge of racing form and a pretty good record at the Festivals where the big jackpot rollovers often are, particularly in the jumps season, and when the big Graded Flat meetings are on. I also enjoy trying to find an outsider with a very good chance of winning so i would love to help.
    My one tip would to be very careful with ODDS-ON shots in handicaps (TIMEFORWEST today!), although they look to have a very good form chance, they have often had very recent runs, and are trying to take advantage, but they have a very poor record, only around 1 in 3 win. I know I never ever back odds-on shots in handicaps because of this. 

GOOD LUCK mate and my very best wishes with it
  • edited April 2017
    Our "Virtual" Jackpot is through the first leg with Man from Mars.

It was favourite however, so an OK result but not great.

Still in though. :=)
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Syndicate. Today's Trial Run selections in red on opening post:
    Really interested to see how you do with this Graham, though sadly i can't afford to join you, but if you need any help with selections anytime from a neutral's perspective with quite a lot of knowledge of racing form and a pretty good record at the Festivals where the big jackpot rollovers often are, particularly in the jumps season, and when the big Graded Flat meetings are on. I also enjoy trying to find an outsider with a very good chance of winning so i would love to help. My one tip would to be very careful with ODDS-ON shots in handicaps (TIMEFORWEST today!), although they look to have a very good form chance, they have often had very recent runs, and are trying to take advantage, but they have a very poor record, only around 1 in 3 win. I know I never ever back odds-on shots in handicaps because of this.  GOOD LUCK mate and my very best wishes with it
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Point taken Mist, although I have explained at length my reason for needing one banker. Like you say a handicap is not ideal for this and perhaps Laser Light in the 3rd leg would have been a better banker, but that would have meant omitting one of Wynne's selections, so I went with TimeForwest instead. We shall see.

Thanks for the offer to help, I will let you know. I don't like to put too many outsiders in my perm, but if you think you know of an outsider with a good chance let me know. Although I wouldn't want to be putting horses with odds of greater than 20/1 in the perm, it's not that sort of bet.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    7449.2 UNITS left after first leg.
  • edited April 2017
    Another 1-2 in the 2nd leg, Laurium won, but again the favourite winning means a potentially low dividend.

But still in.

P.S. Well done Wynne with Laurium.
  • edited April 2017

Can we cash out yet? ;)
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Syndicate. Today's Trial Run selections in red on opening post:
    Can we cash out yet? ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY

LOL, I'm afraid it's not that sort of bet Alan. :=)

3,625 units left in after leg 2

• edited April 2017
    Jeez, i think ive advertised in my previous post.
  • edited April 2017
    Jeez, i think ive advertised in my previous post.
    Posted by chilling

Yeh better edit/get rid of it Chill, I have the number.

Wouldn't want them closing the thread.

I have deleted my reply.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    Still in after leg 3.

Again another favourite wins.

We were quite unlucky actually as Jaisalmer came down at the last, with the race at his mercy. So instead of being just 708 units left there is still 2,395 units left.

My fears for the price drifting Wealth Des Mottes proved to be well founded on this occasion.

Still in, but it won't be a big dividend now for sure.
  • edited April 2017
    Still in after leg 4 as Cloudy Bob wins the 3.40.

Was prominent in the betting market however, so low dividend still expected.

The "BANKER" TIMEFORWEST next :=)
  • edited April 2017
    339.55 UNITS left with 247.35 units on TIMEFORWEST/FAV
  • edited April 2017
    I'm getting ready for all the, "I told you so's" if this favourite crashes. :=)
  • edited April 2017
    Phew, I feel vidicated for my banker choice as TIMEFORWEST cruised home.

However with 4 favourites and a 2nd favourite winning the various legs, even if we get the Jackpot up, we will struggle to cover the cost of the perm. But whatever happens, either way, hopefully a useful exercise to give you an idea of the strategy.

Our "methodology" and by doing such a wide perm, we are looking for just a couple of favourites to win along with a few of the slightly less fancied runners.

Anyhow in our fictitious Jackpot we'd be on the following in the last:

LEG6 - 4.45 KEMPTON:

2 - A MONTMARTE (9/2)
    4 - LANDSCAPE (10/3)
    7 - PHAR AWAY ISLAND (6/1)
    8 - DENNY KERRELL (9/1)
    6 - BETTERLATETHANNEVA (11/1)

• edited April 2017
    Youre selling yourself very well here Graham.Lets hope BETTERLATETHANNEVER  passes the line first, for a nice return.
  • edited April 2017
    In this last leg there is a real "springer" in the market, namely PLANTAGENET

It has been pulled up it's last twice, but is now 4/1 and looks a plot horse.

I did think about putting this one in as it was a slight market mover early doors, but definately a concern that we don't have it in our perm.

Anyhow, we'll see, 12 minutes until the off!
  • edited April 2017
    One thing's for sure, there'll me no roll over tomorrow. :=)
  • edited April 2017
    We also have to bear in mind that the roll over was only small and in reality we wouldn't have done the Jackpot today, due to that reason.
  • edited April 2017
    CourtInTheMiddle wins the last at 16/1, meaning we would have bust in the last leg.

Anyhow, hopefully today will have given you an idea of the type of strategy I hope to adopt.

If you are still interested in having a share, please PM me with your email address and I will email you further details.

I probably won't start this until 1st May, as I have live poker commitments mid/late April. Although having said that, there is often a nice roll over the day after the Grand National meeting if no-one wins it, so we'll see. If people really want to start earlier then perhaps we can.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

Graham.

P.S. MAXALLY, I have your email, so no need to PM me.

• edited April 2017
    Even with four favourites winning, due to the last result the dividend paid approx £8K. (£24K pool won by three £1 units)

So if we had the last winner we'd have collected over £3,400 (Not £4K as there would have been 3.5 winning units)

So I do think this is achievable, although I am sure we will get several frustrating near misses, like this, during the process.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    Great fun watching to see how you would have got on today, and to how the syndicate would work. The last winner was virtually impossible to find..... the first two home had no form at all, though as you pointed out the 2nd was gambled on today.

WELL DONE with your banker TIMEFORWEST, she would have won with at least a stone more on her back.......maybe even 2stone more!!! Jonjo's done a great job getting her a handicap mark of 98.... particularly as she finished 6th (beaten a long way @ 100/1) behind WILLOUGHBY COURT (the Neptune winner at Cheltenham) at Warwick earlier in the season. She must be very tough to win 3 races in 8 days - Jonjo's plan according to one of the owners ..... if only we had such priviliged info this game would be easy !!!
  • edited April 2017
    Great fun watching to see how you would have got on today, and to how the syndicate would work. The last winner was virtually impossible to find..... the first two home had no form at all, though as you pointed out the 2nd was gambled on today. WELL DONE with your banker TIMEFORWEST, she would have won with at least a stone more on her back.......maybe even 2stone more!!! Jonjo's done a great job getting her a handicap mark of 98.... particularly as she finished 6th (beaten a long way @ 100/1) behind WILLOUGHBY COURT (the Neptune winner at Cheltenham) at Warwick earlier in the season. She must be very tough to win 3 races in 8 days - Jonjo's plan according to one of the owners ..... if only we had such priviliged info this game would be easy !!!
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Cheers Misty, it will be interesting to see how things pan out from here.
  • edited April 2017
    I'll punt £10 a week Graham
  • edited April 2017
    Great fun watching to see how you would have got on today, and to how the syndicate would work. The last winner was virtually impossible to find..... the first two home had no form at all, though as you pointed out the 2nd was gambled on today.

WELL DONE with your banker TIMEFORWEST, she would have won with at least a stone more on her back.......maybe even 2stone more!!! Jonjo's done a great job getting her a handicap mark of 98.... particularly as she finished 6th (beaten a long way @ 100/1) behind WILLOUGHBY COURT (the Neptune winner at Cheltenham) at Warwick earlier in the season. She must be very tough to win 3 races in 8 days - Jonjo's plan according to one of the owners ..... if only we had such priviliged info this game would be easy !!!
  • edited April 2017

Hi mate, nice one, can you send me a PM with your email address please, and I will send out details.

Also, for admin's sake, I have changed it to monthly payments.

So for 10 shares, instead of being £10 per week, it will be £50 per month.

Is that OK?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017

Rather than £10 per week, I've decided to do it Monthly. I have put you down for £25 per Month as discussed.

Cheers,

G

• edited April 2017
    Can I join too please if I haven't left it too late?  Put me down for the £50 per month please :) 

PS I know nothing about horses other than stay well away from them - both ends!!!