You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** OFFICIAL THREAD ** 387 SHARES FINALISED FOR AUGUST 1ST 2017 ONWARDS ** AUGUS

Comments

• edited May 2017

God graham I have got a life outside of this you know. will not darken your door on these threads again.

NO bad blood on your part, rubbish that's why you chucked me out.

Good luck on trying to select bankers, how ever many you want because your way of selecting them now is deeply flawed.

• edited May 2017
    OK, I take onboard your comments Vaigret (this thread and the other one), and I know I am not perfect by a long way.

I am controlling at times, yes.

I think it has some benefits and some drawbacks. (It helps all when people have a clearly defined process to follow and consistency with format etc helps with collating)

I know I am a bit OCD. (Seriously, I accept that)

So lets just draw a line under it Vaigret and part terms as amicably as possible. No need for any further character assassinations I feel.

Let me know what you want to do with your share. It is entirely up to you.

I genuinely wish you all the best.

Cheers,

G

P.S. For others, probably best not to make it a choice of "who's side you are on", but if any of this has caused you to not want to be in/contribute to the syndicate then I understand. If that is the case, please let me know.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    Normally twiddling my thumbs at 5am, I volunteer to collate.
    Posted by Snuffer

Hi Snuffer.

Just to let you know the strategy.

When you compile the results I will allocate 3pts for everyone's first choice, 2pts for their 2nd and 1pt for their third.

The "banker-horse" with the highest points will be the "banker" for the main perm, 2nd place, the "banker" for the secondary (smaller perm) and 3rd place the "banker" for the smallest perm.

Hopefully that makes sense to everyone.

Unless there are significant changing of odds or NR's etc. this will be how we calculate where we use the bankers.

Thanks again for your help collating. 

G
  • edited May 2017

Like Graham just tidying up the posts to save you jumping around all the threads to see what has gone on.

BYE

Graham all the best and ok  I was a bit harsh after you chucked me out but I repeat all I was trying to do with my comment that started all this off.

"Denaar 1 , I don't fancy the other two"

was to flag up I didn't think the other two were worthy of bankers

I will probably be proved wrong  tomorrow

After you asked me to put them in right order I did.

Was still not enough for you

You need true bankers and true semi bankers and I just hope going forward you  find a way to get them because if you don't your brilliant statistical work will amount to nothing.

As to my share keep it in the pot , I will cancel payment for June

• edited May 2017
    no this is not on there is far to much its my ball you cannot play syndrome going on, i need to read all again as just finished a very long shift (18hours) kicking people out for disagreeing or challenging is imo childish. 
    i very much doubt ill be renewing my interest
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    no this is not on there is far to much its my ball you cannot play syndrome going on, i need to read all again as just finished a very long shift (18hours) kicking people out for disagreeing or challenging is imo childish.  i very much doubt ill be renewing my interest
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

OK, I am not going to try and drum up any support or ask people to take sides.

It's up to people to make their own choices, however they see fit.

I know this has not been ideal, and I respect any decision you and others may make Micky.

If you could please post what you decide to do regarding the Standing Order for 24th May and onwards, that would be great.

Going forward, it is important we keep track of who's in and who's out from a share's perspective.

I will respect whatever decisions people make, with no animosity held, and once again I apologise for my part in this unsavoury episode. 

Many thanks,

Graham.

• edited May 2017

MICKYBLUE:
    4.05: 02 - DENAAR 3 PTS
    4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 2 PTS 
    3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 1 PT

MISTY4ME:
    3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 2 PTS
    4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 1 PT

MKGUNNER:
    4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 3 PTS
    4.05: 02 - DENAAR 2 PTS
    3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 1 PT

PHANTOM66:
  • edited May 2017
    Will collate these over 2 posts due to tablet restrictions. MICKYBLUE: 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 3 PTS 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 2 PTS  3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 1 PT MISTY4ME: 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 3 PTS 3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 2 PTS 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 1 PT MKGUNNER: 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 3 PTS 3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 2 PTS 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 1 PT
    Posted by Snuffer
    soz snuffer to be a pain but i have changed denaar and ribchester around.
  • edited May 2017
    SNUFFER:
    4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 3 PTS
    4.05: 02 - DENAAR 1 PT

STAYORGO:
    3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 3 PTS
    4.05: 02 - DENAAR 2 PTS

WYNNE1938:

ZADOC:
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : soz snuffer to be a pain but i have changed denaar and ribchester around.
    Posted by mkgunner
    No probs, amended.
  • edited May 2017
    POINTS TOTALS:

DENAAR: 20 PTS

RIBCHESTER: 15 PTS

GRACIOUS DIANA: 13 PTS
  • edited May 2017
    MICKYBLUE: 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 3 PTS 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 2 PTS  3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 1 PT MISTY4ME: 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 3 PTS 3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 2 PTS 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 1 PT MKGUNNER: 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 3 PTS 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 2 PTS 3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 1 PT PHANTOM66: 4.05: 02 - DENAAR 3 PTS 3.30: 07 - RIBCHESTER 2 PTS 4.40: 03 - GRACIOUS DIANA 1 PT
    Posted by Snuffer
    HERES MY 2 BOBS WORTH-----  15.30 Ribchester
                                                 16.05 Denaar
                                                 16.40 Gracious Diana.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi.

I am pleased to confirm that we received £5,425.10 for our Jackpot win offset by £700 hedging and the £684 initial stake, leaving us with a profit of £4,041.10 on the day.

All the screenshots etc. have been sent to Dollie and Snuffer accordingly and full details of the ledger and transactions can now be seen on the OP.

Many thanks,

G
  • edited May 2017
    I am declaring a dividend of £20 PER SHARE. I want to make all the payments ALL IN ONE GO, hopefully by 23/05/2017. (Subject to the withdrawal from the betting account reaching the bank account by then)

However, I still do not have bank details for the following:

1981MATT
    CHRISPIP
    GONEDOGGIN
    IH8UBUTLER

Please don't be the one who holds up everyone getting paid.

Can the above, please email me your details ASAP.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Jordz and IrishRose, is it OK to use the same bank details for you as I have in the past?
  • edited May 2017

Please note, I have withdrawn £3,700, in preparation of dividend payment, from the betting account.

This represents 185 shares at £20 per share.

The transaction is currently pending, screenshots sent to Dollie and Snuffer accordingly.

Ledger updated on OP to reflect this.

Cheers,

G

• edited May 2017
    On the 26th May, it is once again open to amend your number of shares, and/or have new people join.

I feel the optimal number of shares is about 500, to just about get us through most months when we lose.

So I am placing a provisional cap of 500 shares in total and the maximum for any one person will be 100 shares.

I am expecting both new people to join, and existing people to request additional shares, as well as some existing members who are leaving the syndicate.

On the 25th May, I will provide details of how this will all work, so please do not make your requests until 26th May.

If you are planning on leaving the syndicate and have cancelled your standing order for 24th May, please let me know, so that I know what to expect in the bank account.

Many thanks,

G

P.S. We had a little fall out prior to today, and as a result, Vaigret has informed me that he will leave his standing order as is for this month only, so will be IN for June's bets, and that he will cancel it after that, thus ceasing membership from bets placed 1st July onwards. It is also probable that MICKYBLUE will leave the syndicate too, although that is still his decision to make.
  • edited May 2017
    OK, I just need bank details from the following now:

1981MATT
    CHRISPIP
    GONEDOGGIN
    IH8UBUTLER

If anyone knows how to give these guys a nudge, please do.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    FYI all.

The SP accumulator on the 6 winners today would have paid £2,413.12 to a 50p stake.

So we really did get value from the roll over and the pool, more than doubling the SP return.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** £20 PER SHARE DIVIDEND DECLARED. PLEASE PROVIDE BANK DETAILS ASAP IF NOT ALREADY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    On the 26th May , it is once again open to amend your number of shares, and/or have new people join . I feel the optimal number of shares is about  500 , to just about get us through most months when we lose. So I am placing a provisional cap of 500 shares in total and the maximum for any one person will be 100 shares. I am expecting both new people to join , and existing people to request additional shares , as well as  some existing members who are leaving the syndicate . On the 25th May, I will provide details of how this will all work, so please do not make your requests until 26th May . If you are planning on leaving the syndicate and have cancelled your standing order for 24th May , please let me know, so that I know what to expect in the bank account. Many thanks, G P.S. We had a little fall out prior to today, and as a result,  Vaigret has informed me that he will leave his standing order as is for this month only, so will be IN for June's bets , and that he will cancel it after that, thus ceasing membership from bets placed 1st July onwards . It is also probable that MICKYBLUE will leave the syndicate too, although that is still his decision to make.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Graham

Sorry I had hoped for both our sakes I wouldn't have to darken your door again but the above is not true.

See

"As to my share keep it in the pot , I will cancel payment for June"

as in the above post

As far as I am concerned the June payment was due 24th/25th May and as you had banned me I cancelled the S/O straight after.

What I said above stands I don't interpret things wrongly or change my mind from one day to the other and I  leave it to your conscious on whether you keep it in the pot or not.

Well done today especially the removers and

Good luck going forward as i have said numerous times your work on this deserves it to be a success.

Vaigret
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** £20 PER SHARE DIVIDEND DECLARED. PLEASE PROVIDE BANK DETAILS ASAP IF NOT ALREADY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** £20 PER SHARE DIVIDEND DECLARED. PLEASE PROVIDE BANK DETAILS ASAP IF NOT ALREADY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : Graham Sorry I had hoped for both our sakes I wouldn't have to darken your door again but the above is not true. See "As to my share keep it in the pot , I will cancel payment for June" as in the above post As far as I am concerned the June payment was due 24th/25th May and as you had banned me I cancelled the S/O straight after. What I said above stands I don't interpret things wrongly or change my mind from one day to the other and I  leave it to your conscious on whether you keep it in the pot or not. Well done today especially the removers and Good luck going forward as i have said numerous times your work on this deserves it to be a success. Vaigret
    Posted by vaigret
    OK, no problem, my misunderstanding. TY for clarifying.

When the funds have been received from the betting account, I will transfer £20 to your account, as per the dividend. I will then make a further payment to you on 31st May for whatever the share value is (minus £5) at that time.

Is that acceptable?

Or I can just send you £25.55 (£20 div + £5.55 share value) now and we are square, no further dealings to be had.

It depends if you want to be IN for any bets for the remainder of this month. Which might be a mute point if there aren't any.

What would you prefer?

Cheers,

G

P.S. Quite glad both RIBCHESTER AND DENAAR won, so it leaves neither of us saying/thinking, "I told you so", as that would not be showing any class. So no-one lost face here. GL for the future. I wish you all the best and I genuinely mean that.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** £20 PER SHARE DIVIDEND DECLARED. PLEASE PROVIDE BANK DETAILS ASAP IF NOT ALREADY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : OK, no problem, my misunderstanding. TY for clarifying. When the funds have been received from the betting account, I will transfer £20 to your account, as per the dividend. I will then make a further payment to you on 31st May for whatever the share value is (minus £5) at that time. Is that acceptable? Or I can just send you £25.55 ( £20 div + £5.55 share value )  now and we are square, no further dealings to be had. It depends if you want to be IN for any bets for the remainder of this month . Which might be a mute point if there aren't any. What would you prefer? Cheers, G P.S. Quite glad both RIBCHESTER AND DENAAR won, so it leaves neither of us saying/thinking, "I told you so", as that would not be showing any class. So no-one lost face here. GL for the future. I wish you all the best and I genuinely mean that.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Don't mind graham up to you and good luck .

ps your removers did such a good job if you had gone with them you wouldn't have had to hedge but anyway all worked out well in the end.

Brilliant idea and I am sure you will go up and up. I shall just have to hang onto your coat tails and pick up more winnings than my share was worth by backing all your sixth race winning selections. will save me a lot of stress. 

PPS Try not to lose Micky as well he doesn;t deserve it just for seeing my point of view 
  • edited May 2017
    OK, I'll tell you what then.

Why don't I send you the £20 when I pay all the others (couple of days) and you will be included in any other bets this month.

If that's OK with you, that is fine with me.

I will then pay you any balance due on 31st May.

Regarding Mickey, it's entirely up to him what he does. It is just his post suggested that he wanted to leave, but it's for him to decide what he want's to do.

He said he'd been biting his tongue a bit, so may not be happy with me and my ways, but he's under no pressure from me, entirely his choice.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Hi guys.

It probably doesn't surprise you to know that I keep an eye on a lot of roll over pools.

There is an interesting one developing on RPTV DOGS, see the history below:
    DATE POOL NAME AMOUNT CARRY OVER TO

20/05/17 RPTV CRAYFORD £3,421.00 RPTV 21/05/17
    19/05/17 RPTV SUNDERLAND £3,110.00 RPTV CRAYFORD 20/05/17
    18/05/17 RPTV BELLE VUE £2,853.00 RPTV SUNDERLAND 19/05/17
    17/05/17 RPTV PETERBOROUGH £2,641.00 RPTV 18/05/17
    16/05/17 RPTV TOWCESTER £2,597.00 RPTV 16/05/17
    15/05/17 RPTV HARLOW £2,501.00 RPTV 16/05/17
    14/05/17 RPTV ? £2,169.00 RPTV 15/05/17
    13/05/17 RPTV ? £2,004.00 RPTV 14/05/17
    12/05/17 RPTV BELLE VUE £1,902.00 RPTV 13/05/17
    11/05/17 RPTV BELLE VUE £1,832.00 RPTV 12/05/17
    09/05/17 RPTV TOWCESTER £1,559.00 RPTV 10/05/17
    08/05/17 RPTV HARLOW £1,505.00 RPTV TOWCESTER 09/05/17
    07/05/17 RPTV HENLOW £1,389.00 RPTV HARLOW 08/05/17
    06/05/17 RPTV SHAWFIELD £1,222.00 RPTV HENLOW 07/05/17
    05/05/17 RPTV SUNDERLAND £887.00 RPTV SHAWFIELD 06/05/17
    04/05/17 RPTV BELLE VUE £840.00 RPTV SUNDERLAND 05/05/17
    03/05/17 RPTV PETERBOROUGH £790.00 RPTV BELLE VUE 04/05/17
    02/05/17 RPTV TOWCESTER £710.00 RPTV PETERBOROUGH 03/05/17
    30/04/17 RPTV JACKPOT HENLOW £657.00 RPTV TOWCESTER 02/05/17
    29/04/17 RPTV JACKPOT SHAWFIELD £1,136.00 RPTV HENLOW 30/04/17
    I would say if the carry over got up to £5K it's worth looking at. With only 6 runners in each race, on a good card, I could probably cover 80% of the betting market in each leg with a perm cost of around £400. This would statistically give us slightly better than a 1 in 4 chance and the Jackpot is rarely won, so probably would get the full 50% of the prize pool if successful.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Please post on here if you are in favour of attempting carry overs of > £5K on the dogs or if you just want to stick to horses.

Clearly I think +ev situations can occur with these Greyhound Pools, or else I wouldn't be writing this post.

But it's for you, the syndicate members, to decide.

I would say I am "reasonable" at interpreting DOG form and I have my own stats on draw biases in different ground conditions for every track in the country. I believe MKGUNNER is used to interpreting DOG form too, plus some of you may be.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    Please see cut and paste from an email I received from Dollie below:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi Graham 
    Currently on holiday and cannot access forum. Great result today. Will check all transactions when I get back on 26th. Please post my congrats to you and the team on the forum on my behalf. 
    Thanks
    Regards
    Gordon 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** £20 PER SHARE DIVIDEND DECLARED. PLEASE CAN GONEDOGGIN, 1981MATT, IH8UBUTLER AND CHRISPIP PROVIDE BANK DETAILS SO PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    Please post on here if you are in favour of attempting carry overs of /> £5K on the dogs or if you just want to stick to horses. Clearly I think +ev situations can occur with these Greyhound Pools, or else I wouldn't be writing this post. But it's for you, the syndicate members, to decide. I would say I am "reasonable" at interpreting DOG form and I have my own stats on draw biases in different ground conditions for every track in the country. I believe MKGUNNER is used to interpreting DOG form too, plus some of you may be. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

sounds interesting - count me in

R
  • edited May 2017
    Syndicate Members,

After yesterday's Jackpot success at Newbury I have received screenshots of the accounts and transactions and they are as follows:

Betting account: £1,026.85
    Bank account: £3,700
    Hedging: £700 returned to Graham

A dividend of £20 a share is pending but not until Graham receives the bank account details of the following members:

CHRISPIP, GONEDOGGIN & IHUBUTLER.

As you can appreciate a lot of admin to process the payments so it all needs to be done in one go so the quicker the info is received the quicker the payments can me made, cheers.

• edited May 2017
    when I first thought of the dogs after seeing you and mk I thought no way. then asked my father in law about it who is greyhound mad. and he said go for it. 
    I might even buy him a share and get his views. it be via me as he not great with computers and I know diddly squat about greyhounds . 
    anyway a yes from me.

• edited May 2017
    Hi Graham
    Happy to go for anything you deem winnable.
    Excellent stuff yesterday, well done.
    JB