You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** OFFICIAL THREAD ** 387 SHARES FINALISED FOR AUGUST 1ST 2017 ONWARDS ** AUGUS

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Well my estimate was somewhat out with only just over £24K in the pool. I think the freak results the previous two days has put off more people than I thought.

Still over 2,000 UNITS in as the favourite won the first leg.

Not a great result for those of us wanting a roll over, but still a way to go.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Rollover to Saturday.

If anyone becomes aware of tomorrow's (Saturday) Jackpot Meeting, please post here.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** VERY IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE TO INPUT INTO HEDGING OPTION QUESTION/PROCESS** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    Rollover to Saturday. If anyone becomes aware of tomorrow's (Saturday) Jackpot Meeting, please post here. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    newbury
  • edited May 2017
    OK it is a GO for tomorrow at NEWBURY

Team STAND-BY.

It will be a three perm semi-banker approach.

In addition to the usual three NAPS and removals.

Please can you post here ASAP the order in which you rate the following (our semi-bankers) chances.

3.30: 7 - RIBCHESTER
    4.05: 2 - DENAAR
    4.40: 3 - GRACIOUS DIANA

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    I repeat, this is a GO-LIVE for tomorrow (Sat) at Newbury. (Roll over of £24,009)

I will need reasonably wide coverage and plan to pretty much use the rest of the kitty.

Any objections to this, please post here.

If Roger can please start to prep the spreadsheet.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Thanks MK for the early notification of Newbury.
  • edited May 2017

4.40: 3 - GRACIOUS DIANA
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
        4.05: 2 - DENAAR     3.30: 7 - RIBCHESTER     4.40: 3 - GRACIOUS DIANA
    Posted by zadoc
    Thanks R.

Please can other's use Zadoc's as a template.
  • edited May 2017
    denaar
    gracious Diana
    ribchester
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017

Denaar number one banker

sorry wouldn't touch the other two

fancy other horses much more than Ribchester and Gracious Diana

• edited May 2017
    FYI, all.

I will probably adopt a three perm strategy whereby it will be possible to win with only one of our "semi-bankers! coming in.

At the moment that's how it looks, but will be subject to change, based upon the responses to the banker ordering question and market moves and/or other conditions that come to light nearer the time.

Hence, EVERY PROCESS. Namely NAPS, REMOVERS and BANKER PREFERENCE will be looked at to get us our final perms.

So if you can, please do take time an attention with ALL these tasks.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Ideally have all three processes done by 12.20pm on Saturday, as there will be a lot of information for me to assimilate.
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    Denaar number one banker sorry wouldn't touch the other two fancy other horses much more than Ribchester and Gracious Diana
    Posted by vaigret
    Vaigret. Please amend this post and do what was asked!

You have the NAP's section for your fancies, and the REMOVALS process if you really dislike them. So you will be heard in a rational way through the various processes, but you need to adhere to the rules of each process, or else it won't work.

I have a solid reason for these processes, please adhere!

So the question is:

Put the following horses only. In order of those you most like as a banker followed by 2nd choice and finally the one you really don't like as a banker. Out of the three horses below:

OK, so you have amended your post now, good, the other two I am putting as tied 2nd for you, or tied last whatever way you want to put it, if you really have no further preference of which one you dislike the most.

I would really appreciate if people can save their thoughts for now, and just follow the template. SNUFFER is always the best example of this, so if in doubt copy his format.

I will give people the option to discuss later. Although there are three clear rational mediums for people to have their say.

If, as it appears here, you don't like the nature of the particular process, please do not contribute to the process in question at all. So unless you want to contribute to this process as per the rules, I will ignore your post.

Cheers,

G

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : Vaigret. Please amend this post and do what was asked! You have the NAP's section for the others, and the REMOVALS process if you really dislike them. So you will be heard in a rational way through the various processes, but you need to adhere to the rules of each process, or else it won't work. I have a solid reason for these processes, please adhere! So the question is:   Put the following horses only. In order of those you most like as a banker followed by 2nd choice and finally the one you really don't like as a banker. Out of the three horses below: 4.05: 2 - DENAAR 4.40: 3 - GRACIOUS DIANA 3.30: 7 - RIBCHESTER OK, so you have amended your post now, good, the other two I am putting as tied 2nd for you, or tied last whatever way you want to put it, if you really have no further preference of which one you dislike the most. I would really appreciate if people can save their thoughts for now, and just follow the template. SNUFFER is always the best example of this, so if in doubt copy his format. I will give people the option to discuss later. Although there are three clear rational mediums for people to have their say.
    Posted by StayOrGo

SORRY
     I DIDNT READ YOUR POST CORRECTLY

DENAAR 1
    RIBCHESTER 2
    GRACIOUS DIANA 3

But oh dear are we  going blind here.

First we were going for one banker but following on from my concerns re Dihat we went for 3 semi bankers. IT WORKED.

Could see the reason for having semi banker at Ludlow if Venetia's 5-2 second fav running against Azzurri but then when that taken out we put in a horse which was on a few removers list.

Now it seems we are going semi bankers whatever.

What I was trying to intimate with my post is that happy with DENAAR as banker but not the others for the sake of it.

I think Misty and Mickyblue on their posts were trying to say similar thing.

• edited May 2017
    Denaar number one banker sorry wouldn't touch the other two fancy other horses much more than Ribchester and Gracious Diana
    Posted by vaigret
    +1

• edited May 2017
    I will be asking someone to collate the results later tomorrow. So please, please follow the template.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Normally twiddling my thumbs at 5am, I volunteer to collate.
  • edited May 2017
    Normally twiddling my thumbs at 5am, I volunteer to collate.
    Posted by Snuffer
    Great Thanks Snuffer!

If you could provide an alphabetical list by username detailing everyone's 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices from the three proposed semi-bankers.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : Great Thanks Snuffer! If you could provide an alphabetical list by username detailing everyone's 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices from the three proposed semi-bankers. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I will collate results in the morning but may not be able to post on iPad as it restricts your post size, if so, I will do it on one of my boys PC's if/when they actually get up! 
    Worst case 11am.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : +1 4.05: 2 - DENAAR     3.30: 7 - RIBCHESTER     4.40: 3 - GRACIOUS DIANA
    Posted by wynne1938

4.05: DENAAR
    3.30: RIBCHESTER
    4.40 GRACIOUS DIANA

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : Vaigret. Please amend this post and do what was asked! You have the NAP's section for your fancies, and the REMOVALS process if you really dislike them. So you will be heard in a rational way through the various processes, but you need to adhere to the rules of each process, or else it won't work. I have a solid reason for these processes, please adhere! So the question is:   Put the following horses only. In order of those you most like as a banker followed by 2nd choice and finally the one you really don't like as a banker. Out of the three horses below: 4.05: 2 - DENAAR 4.40: 3 - GRACIOUS DIANA 3.30: 7 - RIBCHESTER OK, so you have amended your post now, good, the other two I am putting as tied 2nd for you, or tied last whatever way you want to put it, if you really have no further preference of which one you dislike the most. I would really appreciate if people can save their thoughts for now, and just follow the template. SNUFFER is always the best example of this, so if in doubt copy his format. I will give people the option to discuss later. Although there are three clear rational mediums for people to have their say. If, as it appears here, you don't like the nature of the particular process, please do not contribute to the process in question at all. So unless you want to contribute to this process as per the rules, I will ignore your post. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I don't want them removed , I just don't see the two I mentioned as  BANKERS and there doesn't seem to be a process for doing that if we not allowed to comment on the "selected" bankers
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : SORRY  I DIDNT READ YOUR POST CORRECTLY DENAAR 1 RIBCHESTER 2 GRACIOUS DIANA 3 But oh dear are we  going blind here. First we were going for one banker but following on from my concerns re Dihat we went for 3 semi bankers. IT WORKED. Could see the reason for having semi banker at Ludlow if Venetia's 5-2 second fav running against Azzurri but then when that taken out we put in a horse which was on a few removers list. Now it seems we are going semi bankers whatever. What I was trying to intimate with my post is that happy with DENAAR as banker but not the others for the sake of it. I think Misty and Mickyblue on their posts were trying to say similar thing.
    Posted by vaigret
    Hi Vaigret, I wrote a large post about the statistical ancillary benefit of a multi perm when no odds-on banker.

I will find it and re-post it here.

I'm sorry to say this, but if you understood, and was in-line with what we are "statistically" trying to do you would not respond how you have.

I do NOT feel your comments are informed (statistically) or constructive, so if you continue to not follow the procedure and try to be too heavy handed with your opinion (I note you referred back to a piece of good advise you gave us, I can refer back to some poor ones if you'd like)

I am at the end of my tether regarding how you don't follow procedure and this is the last time it will happen.

Any further occurrence and you will not participate further.

I will find my "multi perm benefits post" for you.

DENAAH may win, it may be our only banker that does win, but to have an odds-against shot as a solebanker is not in line with our strategy and I would rather not do the Jackpot at all, than do that.

Please read multi-perm strategy thread below:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3ae0fe4c56-4826-4c14-a350-298f784f4e3dForum%3a902ab96e-b209-4e97-96a2-98a6b9a864a8Discussion%3a1fe001fa-7e33-40ec-9c12-3de2c1293562

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : I don't want them removed , I just don't see the two I mentioned as  BANKERS and there doesn't seem to be a process for doing that if we not allowed to comment on the "selected" bankers
    Posted by vaigret
    THE PROCESS FOR DOING THAT IS HAVING THEM AS YOUR 2ND AND 3RD CHOICES RESPECTIVELY!

Possibly with a "small note" that you are not keen on either.

BUT DON'T HI-JACK THE PROCESS!

To have a different list of 3 bankers is also statistical suicide, you are either in with this process or out, I am very close to ignoring you now, you can stop your direct debit and cease to contribute further if you don't want to toe the line. Sorry, but I have had enough now. I will listen, but it's gone too far, you always think you know best and now I am annoyed. There is so much for me to consider and I listen to people equally, or to those that have the best proven track record, not just those that shout loudest!
  • edited May 2017
    Here is a cut and paste of my post explaining multi-perm benefits when no clear banker or two clear bankers.

I will add it to the strategy section, which is really where it should be:

----------------------------------------------------------

Let me clear up some misconceptions regarding multi-perms over single banker/single perms, using a two perm/single perm example comparison.

PERM1:              PERM2:

LEG 1:   A (BANKER)          A,B (Banker and short priced 2nd favourite)
    LEG 2:   A,B,C,D                A,B,E
    LEG 3:   A,B,D                   A,C,E
    LEG 4:   A,B,C,E,F             A,B,D
    LEG 5:   A,B,C,E,G             A,B,D,F
    LEG 6:   A,C                     A,B

PERM 1 cost would be: 600 lines at 50P = £300.00
    PERM 2 cost would be:  432 lines at 50P = £216.00

Total cost: £516.00

People have said to me, we should take a chance with just the banker, and just do the main perm with ALL the other selections, so we have full coverage in the other legs, thinking the cost would be similar.

THIS IS NOT TRUE: To do this the perm would be as follows:

LEG 1:   A 
    LEG 2:   A,B,C,D,E               
    LEG 3:   A,B,C,D,E                  
    LEG 4:   A,B,C,D,E,F            
    LEG 5:   A,B,C,D,E,F,G            
    LEG 6:   A,B,C                  

3,150 lines at 50P. TOTAL COST  = £1,575

So clearly the two perm option is cheaper (approx a third of the price in this scenario). It also gives us the following benefits:

1) Possibility of getting it for £1 when a lot of fancied horses come in and the dividend is low
    2) The ability to cover more horses (in total)
    3) Still be in if the banker loses.
    4) Horses A,B and C would be towards the head of the market, D, E, F and G progressively more outsiders.
    5) To SCOOP THE LOT we' probably need three or four from the A,B or C category and two or three from the D,E,F,G category. On some days we could still scoop the lot with just four from the A or B category and two from the C,D,E,F,G  category. 

Yes we could be unlucky and have four D,E,F,G category winners but this is less likely as it means four relative outsiders would need to win. We are looking for something like, two favourites in, a 2nd favourite, a 3rd favourite and a couple of horses priced 8/1 to 12/1. With this type of configuration it would likely mean that if we were to get it with the full banker perm we'd probably still get it with one of the two perm options.

I hope this helps to explain why, after further thought, I am beginning to favour the multi-perm options.

Statistically it is more viable, and in some ways gives us even more coverage in the other legs than we would get with the one banker, one perm option, which would need to be scaled back to meet costs.

Of course we could get unlucky and have all the selections but not in the same perm, however we still have reasonable statistical coverage at a third of the cost of the single perm and have some protection against the banker losing, and a possibility to get it for the full £1. I do feel this is the way to go, as it gives us more of a statistical "edge" imo.

Cheers,
  • edited May 2017
    From an outsiders point of view can I says what I see?

Graham, your statistics is 2nd to none on this but sometimes it takes time and reasoning to absorb your knowledge, I'm not financially involved but respect and listen to all your posts and hope I'm learning.

Vaigret, his knowledge of horses over the years reading his posts has helped me as a novice gambler and also respect all his posts I read.

So far this section of the forum has been a god send recently with no negativity, would be a shame to spoil it.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A GO AT NEWBURY ON SAT 20TH MAY ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : Hi Vaigret, I wrote a large post about the statistical ancillary benefit of a multi perm when no odds-on banker. I will find it and re-post it here. I'm sorry to say this, but if you understood, and was in-line with what we are "statistically" trying to do you would not respond how you have. I do not feel your comments are informed (statistically) or constructive, so you if you continue to not follow the procedure and try to be too heavy handed with your opinion (I note you referred back to a piece of good advise you gave us, I can refer back to some poor ones if you'd like) I am at the end of my tether regarding how you don't follow procedure and this is the last time it will happen. Any further occurrence and you will not participate further. I will find my "multi perm benefits post" for you. DENAAH may win, it may be our only banker that does win, but to have an odds-against shot as a solebanker is not inline with our strategy and I would rather not do the Jackpot at all, than do that. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    CHILL G. 

supposed to be fun.... Gary winning at golf must be getting to you (:D}

I'll give you a lesson when we next get to meet up.... tho' looks like Gary is a v.good player

Did you see my post on Gazza's Ramblings thread ? .... if you're a slicer/fader

• edited May 2017
    From an outsiders point of view can I says what I see? Graham, your statistics is 2nd to none on this but sometimes it takes time and reasoning to absorb your knowledge, I'm not financially involved but respect and listen to all your posts and hope I'm learning. Vaigret, his knowledge of horses over the years reading his posts has helped me as a novice gambler and also respect all his posts I read. So far this section of the forum has been a god send recently with no negativity, would be a shame to spoil it.
    Posted by Snuffer
    I take your point Snuffer, and as always you are a balanced voice of reason which is most welcome.

I just get frustrated when I try so hard to create processes that give everyone equal footing and a say in what we do if any one person tries to force their opinion. If someone is way out in front on the removers or NAP's then they may, in time, as we get more results, be listened to more than others, but until then, I will not just listen to those that shout loudest.

For example if I said we should use the one perm banker approach, but I want Ribchester to be my banker, how would Vaigret feel about that?

Anyway, I've said my piece, so as far as I am concerned there is no bad blood, but I do need Vaigret to follow the processes in a less disruptive manner, if he is to continue participating. So it's down to him now.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
     see my post on the other how to suck eggs thread.

At the moment we are having multi perms , i'm ok with that  !!!!!!  
     with three bankers which you have SELECTED now all i'm saying is you have to listen to people you ask for help and if they say ok we will have 3 bankers but they are not the ones the bookies have directed you to but what people interested in backing horses and do it often and show a profit give you advice on.

Ok some times they will be wrong and more often and not we are but backing paper favourites has never won anybody a fortune. Money and bets to bring there prices down do that and if youhave some peoples ideas on the horses they fancy before they go in or out in the morning would help.

I wouldn't teach you to suck eggs on statistics so don't tell me how to on picking horses.
  • edited May 2017
     see my post on the other how to suck eggs thread. At the moment we are having multi perms , i'm ok with that  !!!!!!    with three bankers which you have SELECTED now all i'm saying is you have to listen to people you ask for help and if they say ok we will have 3 bankers but they are not the ones the bookies have directed you to but what people interested in backing horses and do it often and show a profit give you advice on. Ok some times they will be wrong and more often and not we are but backing paper favourites has never won anybody a fortune. Money and bets to bring there prices down do that and if youhave some peoples ideas on the horses they fancy before they go in or out in the morning would help. I wouldn't teach you to suck eggs on statistics so don't tell me how to on picking horses.
    Posted by vaigret

I have replied to your last post on the other thread.

I think we need to part company here Vaigret.

No bad blood on my part, just two personalities that are not going to see eye to eye.

The effect of which is not good for the Syndicate.

Cheers,

G

P.S. You are welcome to stay as a "silent" share-holder if you wish, but I will not be recording your NAP's, REMOVER's etc going forward and would rather you didn't participate in those or post further comments on strategy/horse selection on the various threads.