You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Potential Deviations in Player Account Totals

2»

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Potential Deviations in Player Account Totals:
    In Response to Re: Potential Deviations in Player Account Totals : I use the free Sharkscope at the moment but may well upgrade in the near future. I play only 10 DYMs a session with a good hour or slightly more break between. There is not a huge volume of simple this is what you win, this is what you lose games to make for likely confusion (although of course anything is possible). Here is the situation: I start my session with first game listed as 16:13:03 yesterday (07/04/17) and do 10 £0.28 DYMs finishing at 17:30:01. My account balance as per my records (and as recorded on my screen) was £282.43. I win 6 and lose 4. That means assuming the rake has not changed that I win 6 x £0.22 (£1.32) and lose 4 x £0.28 (£1.12). £1.32 winnings - £1.12 loss = £0.20 profit for session. My account balance should now be £282.63 but instead it is £282.33 meaning instead of gaining £0.20, I have lost £0.30. The account balance did not correct itself and I know it sounds trivial but it adds up. If this was at the £5 or £10 level that's a lot of money overtime bearing in mind this has happened twice to me this week alone. Support were as good as useless. They basically went "you are wrong and we are right. Suck on it."   Now the problem doesn't seem to be the ins and outs of the account. I sent a screenshot of that and apparently it was the same. However, the amount they think I started with was different to the amount on my screen and in my records hence the deviation. Now I'm quite happy to let it go on this occasion with such a small amount of money involved but I definitely will not let it go when those pence become £s.... it's just the principle that this sort of stuff can happen and Sky just want to go, nope, not us. Nothing ever goes wrong. We're great. Our software is completely flawless. Come on guys. I think you're the best site around. Please don't prove me wrong.
    Posted by PkDevil

Maybe this is the problem your calculations are wrong and calculations about own balance.

if you win 6 dyms you win 6 x 25p = 1.50 as its 0.25 +0.03 rake

Also if you put a bet on your poker balance dosnt always update you sometimes have to click on my account or refresh a few times just for it to catch up.

Sky arnt going to risk everything by taking a few pence off people.

• edited April 2017
    So reading through this PK is playing 28p DYMs (25p+3p rake)

These used to be until recently 30p (25p+5p rake)

although Sky is almost certainly correct with the poker balances, maybe there is a problem with the somewhat recent change.

Side note incorrect poker points being awarded for mtts is very common, last time i played the £22 midnight bh i recieved 10 poker points instead of 20, many other tourneys do similar
  • edited April 2017

For the record the reg fee on a £0.25 DYM is 3p, not 6p. 

A post which has suggested it was 6p has been deleted by the author. 

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Potential Deviations in Player Account Totals : Maybe this is the problem your calculations are wrong and calculations about own balance. if you win 6 dyms you win 6 x 25p = 1.50 as its 0.25 +0.03 rake Also if you put a bet on your poker balance dosnt always update you sometimes have to click on my account or refresh a few times just for it to catch up. Sky arnt going to risk everything by taking a few pence off people.
    Posted by stuarty117

That's a fantastic take on it. It is also a weird way of looking at profit and loss. Profit is the amount you make over what you paid to enter in the game. Loss is the amount you have deducted when you lose the game. It doesn't matter what is the amount you paid to another player and the amount you paid to the house. The amount credited into your account beyond your buy-in is your profit and the amount deducted is your loss. It's that simple.

The £0.22 that is credited to the account when in profit has already taken into consideration the £0.28 you have been given back from your buy-in....That they credit me £0.50 and deduct £0.28 in the same transaction per win does not change the total amount credited. It is still £0.22 per win. End of.

So again, I won 6 games which gives me £0.22 worth of profit per game (£1.32) and I lost 4 games at £0.28 debt which gives me a loss total of £1.12. And again the result is £0.20 profit....

You don't have to agree with this but trust me I've been playing Dyms enough and checking my account ins and outs enough to know what I get given each time I win and get taken each time I lose.

The rake is irrelevant for the purposes of working out the total. The total is simply the total credit amounts versus the total debt amounts. That's it. If I get 6 x £0.22 credits for the 6 games I win and get 4 x £0.28 debts for the games I lose than the amount is still the same.

Either that or Sky are taking even more rake then everybody thinks. Sky??? ;-)

It was a winning session, end of. Now where is my money? (And by that I don't mean my main bankroll which I recently re-transferred back to Paypal to protect it against other unforeseen debits).
  • edited April 2017
    For the record the reg fee on a £0.25 DYM is 3p, not 6p.  A post which has suggested it was 6p has been deleted by the author.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Quite correct. It was deleted because it was incorrect and the intention of deletion was to not bring into the forum debate as we only want accurate information presented to players - see my revised..and non-deleted addition ;-) TK .. above.
  • edited April 2017
    I can't be bothered with subtle
    This was mildly amusing at first and is now just irritating 
    Sky aren't looking to rip people off for a few pence 

I've been with Sky now for a good few years and there has never been the slightest problem with my account. This statement doesn't make me numb brained by the way.

I have a conditional offer

Pm me and I'll send you the 50p or whatever it is. In return you stop with the tedium.
  • edited April 2017
    Ok. Look. It's not my intention to upset people or to knock down Sky. I love Sky Poker and I think it is a great site overall, so let's get that straight. So i'll make this my last post to keep the peace...not because Jac wants me to shut up... but because I want to keep this a friendly place for everybody.

So on that note I give permission (not that they need it but here is my blessing) to delete this thread if it is believed it could in anyway cause further issue or cause damage to Sky's reputation.

Now i'll leave it be and I look forward to playing with some of you at the tables at some point.
  • edited April 2017
    Ok. Look. It's not my intention to upset people or to knock down Sky. I love Sky Poker and I think it is a great site overall, so let's get that straight. So i'll make this my last post to keep the peace...not because Jac wants me to shut up... but because I want to keep this a friendly place for everybody. So on that note I give permission (not that they need it but here is my blessing) to delete this thread if it is believed it could in anyway cause further issue or cause damage to Sky's reputation. Now i'll leave it be and I look forward to playing with some of you at the tables at some point.
    Posted by PkDevil
    The thread doesn't damage Sky's reputation 
  • edited April 2017
    There is a whole world outside the window.