You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Software Issues

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    i play  on chrome all the time  laptop over  3 years  old  (need  a  new  1)  i dont  play on d/load   and  have had  4 or  more  tables sometimes  on the  go  working  no problem, i also have  numerous  other  sites  open  aswell. fb  sky bet  etc 

only thing  that  happens  to me  mostly is  when  moved  to a new table,  i dont  get to  see  my 1st hand  dealt.  usually  take a stab in the  dark if  cheap enough  and  then  cards appear  once  flop has  been  dealt. 
  • edited May 2017
    Any updates on this post? I'm getting the same, playig one table it's fine but when I play two tables it starts to freeze. It started a couple of weeks ago, I use Google Chrome and never had this problem before.
  • edited May 2017
    Machka thank you for carrying this out much appreciated.

Our investigations into this continue but what we would urge customers to do is play via the Download Client. Whilst we don't believe the issue is exclusive to Chrome, we can see from our testing and the above from Machka that it seems to be the most affected browser.
  • edited May 2017

hi sam,

as we know it is Firefox too. 

nevertheless, it isn't really a browser problem.  to me, the problem is the huge amount of processing that one table now requires.

my best guess is that one table runs several scripts and/or is linked to several marketing machines, far more than a table did last year or ever before.  the download client does all of this quite normally, and always has done.  the problem is that the number of add-ons has increased to a point where normally good processor is soon overwhelmed.

i am one of the many who is waiting for a resolution.  in the meantime, i fear doing anything other than playing just one table.  i daren't open a second table.  i daren't even open email or facebook whilst playing.

if my guess is anywhere near the cause of the problem, the solution is to stop the marketing and cross-sales information gathering for sky bingo etc.

hope this helps.

• edited May 2017
    It's an odd one.

Following Machka's post I tried 10 tables via Chrome and it ran perfectly, CPU util probably peaking at around 25%. Mine is an i7 2.4 Ghz Quad which is about 5+ years old (6Gb RAM). Not like the results he was seeing :-/

Work PC struggles a bit more with CPU util with only two tables. That's a Pentium E5800 3.2Ghz and I have only 3Gb RAM (and a lot of applications running currently). They run okay though - high CPU util doesn't always mean 'slow PC'.

• edited May 2017

..and hello to machka. 

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Software Issues:
    It's an odd one. Following Machka's post I tried 10 tables via Chrome and it ran perfectly, CPU util probably peaking at around 25%. Mine is an i7 2.4 Ghz Quad which is about 5+ years old (6Gb RAM). Not like the results he was seeing :-/ Work PC struggles a bit more with CPU util with only two tables. That's a Pentium E5800 3.2Ghz and I have only 3Gb RAM (and a lot of applications running currently). They run okay though - high CPU util doesn't always mean 'slow PC'.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

I'm guessing your i7 is a desktop so maybe a i7-4700HQ @ 2.40GHz or something similar, if so then that will be triple the speed (at least) as my X3 435.  I would still expect that to be performing ok and if mine tops out at 96% then yours maxing out at 25% isn't far off what I would expect.  Out of interest you could run Process Explorer and watch the processes.  I expect you to see them all chugging along nicely and then once every 15 second or so all the processes stop except one that will be using all the processor utilisation.  That's when the lock-ups occur.
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Software Issues:
    In Response to Re: Software Issues : I'm guessing your i7 is a desktop so maybe a i7-4700HQ @ 2.40GHz 
    Posted by Machka

Desktop yeah. I hate laptops :-D 
    I was at work when I wrote that and got the CPU of my home machine wrong - it's an i7 but actually a 2600 @ 3.4Ghz. Apologies for that mix-up.

• edited May 2017
    I'm trying the download client. I have 1 table open and it's lagging. This is so frstrating. :/