You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini Challenge: Angmar v Arrogant

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Played a few daytime sessions this week and genuinely think it's the worst week of runbad I've ever had! Not mentioning this to tell bad beat stories, though there are lottttttttttttttts and in massive high equity spots being 2-outered for half the chips in play etc, but just to think about variance in general.

Made a few small final tables so probably lost around 20 buy-ins or something, which since only microstakes run during the day is absolutely fine. But it does make you realise that can easily happen at much higher stakes, especially where the competition is going to be tougher, and that can be really damaging.

So with that in mind, I'm not sure about playing the Main Event on Sunday. It's much higher than my usual abi and one cooler/suckout/mistake and it's gg. Only just made back UKOPS losses so don't particularly want to instantly head straight back into a losing stretch. Being a bounty hunter does make it tempting though as have the chance to cover some of the costs. Will see how feeling on Sunday! All thoughts appreciated!!
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini Challenge: Angmar v Arrogant:
    Played a few daytime sessions this week and genuinely think it's the worst week of runbad I've ever had! Not mentioning this to tell bad beat stories, though there are lottttttttttttttts and in massive high equity spots being 2-outered for half the chips in play etc, but just to think about variance in general. Made a few small final tables so probably lost around 20 buy-ins or something, which since only microstakes run during the day is absolutely fine. But it does make you realise that can easily happen at much higher stakes, especially where the competition is going to be tougher, and that can be really damaging. So with that in mind, I'm not sure about playing the Main Event on Sunday. It's much higher than my usual abi and one cooler/suckout/mistake and it's gg. Only just made back UKOPS losses so don't particularly want to instantly head straight back into a losing stretch. Being a bounty hunter does make it tempting though as have the chance to cover some of the costs. Will see how feeling on Sunday! All thoughts appreciated!!
    Posted by Angmar2626

Scrap this, luckboxed a seat so will be playing :) glgl!

• edited June 2017
    2-2 then? Couldn't get a screenshot last night but it'll be on sharkscope etc.  Dno if it counts as a main event on Aussie's site?
    Posted by Angmar2626
    15:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    16:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    17:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    18:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    19:00 Bounty Hunter £7.70
    19:00 Bounty Hunter £55
    19:30 Bounty Hunter £22 - £33
    19:45 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    20:00 Main £22 - £110 
    20:15 Bounty Hunter £11
    20:30 Mini £5.50 - £11
    20:30 Mega Stack £5.50
    21:00 Sheriff BH £55 - £110
    21:30 Bounty Hunter £11
    22:00 Bounty Hunter £22
    22:15 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    22:30 Quickdraw £55
    22:45 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    23:00 Bounty Hunter £11
    23:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50
    00:00 Midnight Express £22
    00:30 Bounty Hunter £11

edit:  added
    21:30Reload£3.30

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini Challenge: Angmar v Arrogant : 15:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50 16:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50 17:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50 18:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50 19:00 Bounty Hunter £7.70 19:00 Bounty Hunter £55 19:30 Bounty Hunter £22 - £33 19:45 Bounty Hunter £5.50 20:00 Main £22 - £110   20:15 Bounty Hunter £11 20:30 Mini £5.50 - £11 20:30 Mega Stack £5.50 21:00 Sheriff BH £55 - £110 21:30 Bounty Hunter £11 22:00 Bounty Hunter £22 22:15 Bounty Hunter £5.50 22:30 Quickdraw £55 22:45 Bounty Hunter £5.50 23:00 Bounty Hunter £11 23:30 Bounty Hunter £5.50 00:00 Midnight Express £22 00:30 Bounty Hunter £11      
    Posted by aussie09

Thanks for this, great job with the site too!

Out of interest what are your thoughts on the Reload? Obvs not suggesting you change anything as this would mess up current results/rankings, but it does get a bigger prizepool and field than some of the others on the list like the £500gtd £5.5s

I'm just biased as that is my game with the most final tables :)

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini Challenge: Angmar v Arrogant : Thanks for this, great job with the site too! Out of interest what are your thoughts on the Reload? Obvs not suggesting you change anything as this would mess up current results/rankings, but it does get a bigger prizepool and field than some of the others on the list like the £500gtd £5.5s I'm just biased as that is my game with the most final tables :)
    Posted by Angmar2626

thanks angmar

i have thought about the roload and whether it should be added to the list of major tournaments.  a few others have mentioned it too. 

currently the threshold is governed by three conditions; £5 buy-in, £500 gtd and likely to have a field size above 30.  this is to retain a quality element and compare players on a standard test.  normally this gives 20 major tournaments each day.

i can increase the number of games.  the decision is which condition to change.  i think that the quality of major games pool is not harmed at all with the inclusion of the reload.

certainly you have to be good to win it.

• edited June 2017
    Won some 5.5bh turbo - only 15 players but still counts lol?!

3/3?

• edited June 2017
    Won some 5.5bh turbo - only 15 players but still counts lol?! 3/3?
    Posted by Angmar2626

40 runners this time, so that must count :P Shoutout to Gfran who gave me a v good game HU and got unlucky at the end

confirmed 3/3

Once we've got a few more I'll start listing what levels we've ticked off. Bit of a slow start ha - must have had at least a dozen 2nds recently!

• edited June 2017
    Good to see you level it up mate,

I been taking it easy and havent played for maybe a week but i shall make my return tomorrow.
  • edited June 2017
    Excellent - glgl!

Can't remember but are you scheduling the 7 at 7 at the moment? I genuinely can't crack that tournament! Lolsample etc, but have never cashed it - think once upon a time I took a bounty, but outside that would be on -100%roi :D

Tonight will be the night I crack it haha - cashing it would seriously feel like a big win for me!

Edit: Nobody knock me out of the 7 at 7!!!!!
  • edited June 2017
    Excellent - glgl! Can't remember but are you scheduling the 7 at 7 at the moment? I genuinely can't crack that tournament! Lolsample etc, but have never cashed it - think once upon a time I took a bounty, but outside that would be on -100%roi :D Tonight will be the night I crack it haha - cashing it would seriously feel like a big win for me! Edit: Nobody knock me out of the 7 at 7!!!!!
    Posted by Angmar2626

Genuinely bust first hand lol! Hit set with JJ and got flushed. Any runs for you? 5/7 in the Reload atm but will need a mircale to turn it around!

15th in the 33... make last 3 tables just about every Sunday and still no final tables lol :D

On the off chance that Tikay or anyone reads this, I feel like the Sunday 33 could be made into a flagship tournament with a catchy name like the nightly 33s? I know the 110 is the main on Sunday but the 33 is extremely popular and smashes its guarantee every week I believe.

• edited June 2017
    Put in alot of hours this week.5-3 now, won 2r and £3 bb.Cya at the tables sunday

• edited June 2017
    Boom, v nice!

How you do in the 2r in the end?

As discussed I'm still unbelievably hungover, but all your talk about the 33s made me jump in and late reg last minute ha!

7/11 atm. Never final tabled this flippin' thing! Always a bridesmaid never a bride etc :P

Too tired to work out ranges. I want to click buttons!
  • edited June 2017
    Stop winning the 2r every day - it still only counts as 1! :P Wpwp

As I said, been messing around with some sharkscope filters for some lol graphs. They're essentially meaningless because of the miniscule sample size. People used to say that single table sngs needed a 5k game sample to get an idea of roi, so 20 games in mtts means almost nothing. Still fun to look at though for lolz...

33BH:    0 final tables but still making av£20 per game...

The frickin 7 at 7...

Oh, and your 2r giraffe looks insane <3

• edited June 2017
    Profiting a good amount when you havent had a 1st place is usually a good sign.Without having to play thousands of games to work out your roi in a game i tend to find sharkscoping a view players who you believe are your equal or worse is a good indicator of your potential roi in a tournament.Obviously ones who have a decent sample in the games.

I think anyone who wins in mtts on this site probably has winning stats in the 33bh tbh, and even if its just at a 10% roi thats gonna be earning you a decent enough profit.
  • edited June 2017
    Running like genuine death atm - can't hold an 80/20 to save my life let alone win a flip

However, currently last 2 tables of the 33 as per every Sunday lol