You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled.

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
Won entry into the 4k Qtr final for Vegas tonight and i'm absolutely LIVID. It had 6 players and needed 7 to play so has been cancelled. No a happy Angel. Now going to try to explain to live chat what happened. So ANNOYED.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    So would put me in a tournament of similar value. No I don't want that. I want to be entered into the 4k Vegas Qtr which I qualified for. But they cannot put me in it for some strange reason.

Also here's the list of those other players that have been affected by tonights cancellation.

SenorLoco

conorshay1   
    Daman   
    Wacko90   
    Darkangel7   
    jmj541   
  • edited April 2017
    can they enter you for tomorrow's quarter final instead? 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled.:
    Won entry into the 4k Qtr final for Vegas tonight and i'm absolutely LIVID. It had 6 players and needed 7 to play so has been cancelled. No a happy Angel. Now going to try to explain to live chat what happened. So ANNOYED.
    Posted by Darkangel7

i understand the frustration but if its clearly stated how many players are needed then i don't see how you can be so livid?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled.:
    In Response to Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : i understand the frustration but if its clearly stated how many players are needed then i don't see how you can be so livid?
    Posted by goldnballz

This.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : i understand the frustration but if its clearly stated how many players are needed then i don't see how you can be so livid?
    Posted by goldnballz
    I can, as Donna won through via a micro.For some players who dream of getting to vegas, a cash alternative aint good enough.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : I can, as Donna won through via a micro.For some players who dream of getting to vegas, a cash alternative aint good enough.
    Posted by chilling

Who is she livid with though? And what alternative do you suggest?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : Who is she livid with though? And what alternative do you suggest?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    My alternative would be for SGB to give a monkeys, and invest some money in skypoker.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : My alternative would be for SGB to give a monkeys, and invest some money in skypoker.
    Posted by chilling

So you don't have an alternative then.

• edited April 2017
    Not sure when the Vegas 1/4 s run but if Sky refund the buy in surely you can simply enter the next one no?
  • edited April 2017
    Nothing to be livid about really they have offered you an alternative its not there fault there was only 6 registered players..The rules state there needs to be a certain amount of players so sadly that wasnt acheived
  • edited April 2017
    Not sure when the Vegas 1/4 s run but if Sky refund the buy in surely you can simply enter the next one no?
    Posted by HENDRIK62

But this isn't dramatic enough for the forum.
  • edited April 2017
    Yeah, im presuming theres a history on sats, so someone should know when to run them and how many to run.
    You have no alternative, other than the soft option.
  • edited April 2017
    i do 
    dont offer so many seats so the max numbers dont have to be so high. and yes she right to be anoyed about a vegas qtr not running.

lets have your suggestions hhyft
  • edited April 2017
    I don't care what any of you say. I won into the Vegas Qtr it was Cancelled. I am annoyed and rightly so. I haven't been offered my money back but to be put into a tournament of same value. That to me does not mean I will be put in the next Vegas Qtr. It's my dream but hey just take the pee.
  • edited April 2017
    i do  dont offer so many seats so the max numbers dont have to be so high. and yes she right to be anoyed about a vegas qtr not running. lets have your suggestions hhyft
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

The obvious solution seems to be what Mr Jimi said. I'm sure she'll be credited with the appropriate £ and then just buy into another quarter final.

I wouldn't say 7 runners is particularly high whatsoever. Unfortunate to miss out by 1 player but thems the breaks. Getting annoyed and livid isn't gonna solve anything is it? I'm not even sure who you can be annoyed and livid with tbh.
  • edited April 2017
    Did you qualify from the satellite before or after the 1/4 final started? 

If it's the former and there were not enough runners I am with those who do not thing it's a big deal. It might take a bit of liaison with CC but they should give you your 1/4 value entry back and you can buy direct into another 1/4 final.

If your sat into the 1/4 finished late and the 1/4 was cancelled as not enough registrants at the start (but would have been with the additional qualifiers) then I can understand that would be frustrating. 
  • edited April 2017
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Every night according to the sat tree.
  • edited April 2017
    angel settlee for no less than your money back, 

next week they should run as no ukops. post on forum to alert lurkers aswell helps.

• edited April 2017
    angel settlee for no less than your money back,  next week they should run as no ukops. post on forum to alert lurkers aswell helps.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Why would she get less than her money back? The quarter sats run every night so there is ample opportunity to have a bash at a quarter that will have the numbers to run.
  • edited April 2017
    put yourself in this situation 
    you sat into the final, there i not enough runners and its cancled,

anyhow the sat structure need looking at 
  • edited April 2017
    put yourself in this situation  you sat into the final, there i not enough runners and its cancled, anyhow the sat structure need looking at 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    ok i'll do that
    Sat is cancelled. Money is credited to account or she is put into next sat
    Livid? Not sure why
  • edited April 2017

Hi DA, 

Did you not qualify from an all in sat when you were already in the QF? Maybe if you didnt play the sats for cash, the QF would have got enough runners and could have started. Not wanting to start a war, just pointing out a flaw in your annoyance. Good luck when you do get to play it anyway ;)
  • edited April 2017
    put yourself in this situation  you sat into the final, there i not enough runners and its cancled, anyhow the sat structure need looking at 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

I'd hope there would be enough runners in the final if I'd somehow worked my way up to it! I'm not sure a quarter final in April can be compared to a package final in July btw.

And I don't think it does. Most of the sats on here seem to run fine without issue.

• edited April 2017
    Hi DA,  Did you not qualify from an all in sat when you were already in the QF? Maybe if you didnt play the sats for cash, the QF would have got enough runners and could have started. Not wanted to start a war, just pointing out a flaw in your annoyance. Good luck when you do get to play it anyway ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Everyone on glue?
    Why is this a flaw in her annoyance?
  • edited April 2017
    because I was in the perfect mind set to play the qrts tonight thats why. I won from a satty then yes I won an all in but I did win into it. others play all ins to do  the cash so why can't I. any way say what you like am done.
  • edited April 2017
    most of the sats?

practicaly all sats cancel during the day

she is livid as wanted to play tonight and was prob looking forward to it.

id be anoyed at situation aswell due to only certain nights i can play poker.

each to there own, no need to jump on someone when they air there feelings on a forum.
  • edited April 2017
    most of the sats? practicaly all sats cancel during the day she is livid as wanted to play tonight and was prob looking forward to it. id be anoyed at situation aswell due to only certain nights i can play poker. each to there own, no need to jump on someone when they air there feelings on a forum.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

I wouldn't say anyone was jumping on her, apart from maybe the all in sat police, but he gets ignored mostly.

Few of us just pointing out that the sats run every night so getting livid about something that is easy enough to sort out seems kinda silly. It needed 7 runners, it got 6; it is what it is.

I'm sure we'd all have some degree of annoyance in the situation, but I'm also sure most of us would be level headed enough to see the various solutions.
  • edited April 2017
    I don't care what any of you say. I won into the Vegas Qtr it was Cancelled. I am annoyed and rightly so. I haven't been offered my money back but to be put into a tournament of same value. That to me does not mean I will be put in the next Vegas Qtr. It's my dream but hey just take the pee.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    @SKY - Implementing tournament £££ would fix this kind of situation and probably increase interest in satellites. MTT regs and sat grinders are gonna spend the T£ anyway so it doesn't stop them playing, and it would allow lower stakes recs to build up small satellite wins if they chose to do so, as well as alleviating any kind of cancellation issue as software could easily be coded to pay out BI in T£ in event of cancellation - Same for deregistering (Without reging the target tourney before winning sat), it could just give you £x tourney money instead of the current £0.

Could also pay out tokens from rakeback/stuff cross-promoting SB&G as T£ and get rid of the whole "Have to use the whole value of the token because you don't get change" situation.

I'm lazy so I'm happy with cash when I reg the target tournament then de-reg after I win (Sorry Maxally!), but I think T£ would be beneficial to the site as a whole, tbh. Satellite related issues are one of the most common things I see on the forum, and that's only the minority that make their voices heard on here.

@Darkangel, re: Bold bit - You realise "Tournament of the same value" includes a Vegas Quarter of the same value? As satellites are tournaments still, obvs. If you want to be in the next Vegas satellite, that option is available to you. Just say "I'd like my tournament of the same value to be the quarter final tomorrow night please", easy game. I fail to see the issue.
  • edited April 2017
    In the promo it states that you can satellite to Vegas for £2•25, not strictly true then? Especially if you are offered a buyin to a non Vegas tourney.
  • edited April 2017
    In the promo it states that you can satellite to Vegas for £2•25, not strictly true then? Especially if you are offered a buyin to a non Vegas tourney.
    Posted by chilling

What?