You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled.

2»

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled.:
    In the promo it states that you can satellite to Vegas for £2•25, not strictly true then? Especially if you are offered a buyin to a non Vegas tourney.
    Posted by chilling
    try and make sense
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : try and make sense
    Posted by Jac35
    Did i see you both on tv? Did you both defend OJ Simpson. Defending flaws aint the way forward.
  • edited April 2017
    I feel sorry for you Angel because I know how much these Vegas satellite's mean to you, and the obvious opportunity that a low entry Quarter-Final would have offered.
    I can also understand that SKY can't afford to be having loads of overlay in these qualifiers. The worst thing about the cancellation of this Quarter-final was that there was still an All-in satellite running when the QF was cancelled, that had started at 8.44pm. Wineli won this sat. and it meant there would have been 7 players, and the quarter-final would have gone ahead. Isn't it a bit stupid to be running an All-in sat. just 1 minute before the actual tournament, when the winner could have no tournament to play in because it's already been cancelled by the time the winner is known?  
    I just hope Wineli got the Quarter-final entry/fee back too.
    We all want the tournaments to go ahead, so why do SKY offer so many GUARANTEED seats, when the tournaments are obviously struggling for numbers?
  • edited April 2017
    she paid the £20.50 to play the sat and played the all in sat to get the cash whats wrong in that basically paid for your sat but got cancelled u should get ya £20.50 back as u brught in the sat direct or get a entry in it 2moro 
  • edited April 2017
    tbh tho if u brought in direct from ya bankroll and u see the lobby it needed 7 to start and there was only 6 runners why didnt u just de reg 30 seconds before it started as unlikely there was gonna be 7 runners 
  • edited April 2017
    If the tournament got cancelled then the monies should be credited back to account immediately. Credit of equal value is utter manure. Why should anyone have to phone to get money back. 

• edited April 2017
    I feel sorry for you Angel because I know how much these Vegas satellite's mean to you, and the obvious opportunity that a low entry Quarter-Final would have offered. I can also understand that SKY can't afford to be having loads of overlay in these qualifiers. The worst thing about the cancellation of this Quarter-final was that there was still an All-in satellite running when the QF was cancelled, that had started at 8.44pm. Wineli won this sat. and it meant there would have been 7 players, and the quarter-final would have gone ahead. Isn't it a bit stupid to be running an All-in sat. just 1 minute before the actual tournament, when the winner could have no tournament to play in because it's already been cancelled by the time the winner is known?   I just hope Wineli got the Quarter-final entry/fee back too. We all want the tournaments to go ahead, so why do SKY offer so many GUARANTEED seats, when the tournaments are obviously struggling for numbers?
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    You cant argue with that.
    A similar thing happened the other day where I was still heads up with Kimpet in a quarter until 9.48 and the semi was cancelled juyst before 9.45. Its in Skys interest to run the sats, so you would think they would at least get the schedule right. That should be the easy bit
    I am not sure why people play sats for cash, but if there are enough of them then maybe there is a call for a new sitngo, so the sats end up being played by those that want to qualify for the tournaments.
    Maybe if you had a 10 runner, or 15 runner sitngo where the last 2 or 3 took the the money. This would pay out at 5 to 1, which is probably what a sat pays.
    So in a £5  ten runner game the last two would get £25 each, and in the case of the 15 runners the last 3 would get £25 each.

• edited April 2017
    sats in stt didn't end up working when tried before. I'm game tho
  • edited April 2017
    because I was in the perfect mind set to play the qrts tonight thats why. I won from a satty then yes I won an all in but I did win into it. others play all ins to do  the cash so why can't I. any way say what you like am done.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    So by playing the all in sat for money you effectively took the 7th seat from someone hence preventing the tournament from running as it only had 6 entrants. Then you complain about it being cancelled due to lack of entries. Oh the irony.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : So by playing the all in sat for money you effectively took the 7th seat from someone hence preventing the tournament from running as it only had 6 entrants. Then you complain about it being cancelled due to lack of entries. Oh the irony.
    Posted by Enut

Made this point earlier in the thread. Irony was the word I was looking for too.

However, not everyone can grasp the logic behind it and would rather attack others/defend themselves rather than actually take on board what is being said.
  • edited April 2017
    Lol @ people getting on the 'playing sats for cash' bandwagon. A large amount of the seats that are created are because of people playing satellites for cash. What about when the QF does go ahead cos 7 qualified and that was because the previous satellite had 35 runners instead of the 25 it'd have if no regs played for cash?

It's totally understandable why Angel/any rec would be annoyed in this spot. For a reg it's not such a big deal, they probably play 5-7 nights a week so can just play the next QF anytime. Games in general are less exciting when you're a reg imo, but when you're a rec and play say a 6pm Vegas sat and get thru to a 9pm Vegas sat and you're all hyped up, and then they 'nah it's cancelled' of course they're gonna be annoyed.

No way round it though sadly, as others said, will just have to get put into a different QF, but just saying I can understand why you'd be annoyed.

Fwiw, maybe Sky need to do more to push the main satellites. Like sats are broken in to 2 categories for me, the 'main' ones and then the fillers. Like there's a 6pm sat for the main everyday iirc and it guarantees what like 10-20 seats? That's the main sat and should never be cancelled. Then they had loads of mini filler ones all over the place, like 1in5s with 1 seat gtd and they often get cancelled. I assume there's only one QF on a Sunday (the biggest day of the week for online poker) for Vegas? It's gotta be a sin for that to ever get cancelled imo.
  • edited April 2017
    Lambert awesome post mate
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : Made this point earlier in the thread. Irony was the word I was looking for too. However, not everyone can grasp the logic behind it and would rather attack others/defend themselves rather than actually take on board what is being said.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I always find that people in glass houses should never throw stones.......   It was only a week or two ago that you yourself was regged into the Sky £110 main event but you were also regged in the all in sat for the same event.  I presume of course that as a matter of principal you'd have asked Sky to donate the 2nd £110 cash to the all in sat runner up if you'd won the all in sat?

I openly admit to playing sats for cash - and I make no apology for it :)  Most of the Vegas sats (but especially the £13.20 ones) seem to struggle to even get the minimum runners of 3.  Frequently I'll reg for it at literally the last minute when I can see only 2 players registered.  Yes - if I win the sat then I'll win the cash (if I already have a seat) but at least the sat runs giving all 3 players equal chance of winning.  Most people would prefer to at least have a chance at winning seat than to continually register for sats which are cancelled due to not enough players in them.  Some nights the £13.20 satellites only run perhaps twice and 2 or 3 of the vegas satellites are actually cancelled.

As for the OP - I fully understand the frustration of the qtr final not running.  Especially if it's the only qtr final of the night (which it was last night).  I know you can play the qtr final tonight - but sometimes you just get a "gut feeling" that tonights the night when you'll run extra good.  The professionals on here will probably laugh at the thought of that - but for us people who play for fun sometimes the feel good/confidence factor makes all the difference.  IMO it's just the opposite to playing when on tilt.

The other problem with the cancellation of last nights qtr final is the process of contacting Customer Care.  Having gone through it myself a few times I know it's very much hit and miss and to who you get at the end of the chat box.  Some know that you can be entered into the next nights game - but more than 50% of the time you're just told that you have to wait for a decision by the poker team which will take 24 hours.  For a poker site that runs 24 hours a day I believe there should be someone at customer care on duty who does know/understand the issues involved.

Anwyay - hope you run extra golden tonight DarkAngel :)

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : I always find that people in glass houses should never throw stones.......   It was only a week or two ago that you yourself was regged into the Sky £110 main event but you were also regged in the all in sat for the same event.  I presume of course that as a matter of principal you'd have asked Sky to donate the 2nd £110 cash to the all in sat runner up if you'd won the all in sat?
    Posted by IrishRose

As seen as you have personally called me out on this thread, I will reply to you Rose. YES, I DO PLAY SATS FOR CASH!, like yourself. Until Sky change/amend the sat tree, I will continue to do so. As for Lambo & co churning out the usual responses, I/we get it.

However, I made the point on this thread that if DA had not played that last AIPF sat (or anyone else who was already qualified for that matter) and a new entrant for that QF was gained....then that QF would have ran. Complaining after when you were part of the problem is ironic.If you/others can not grasp my point, fair enough. 

Like I said earlier, I wish DA all the best when she does get to play her QF.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi all,
    All 6 players have now been refunded. Having these refunds automatically credited is something we have put forward for our tech guys to fix. On this occasion there were no direct buy ins and duplicate sats were won resulting in only 6 at the start. The last all in sat is now 1 minute earlier which may help in future.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Lasvegas 4k Qtr final Cancelled. : As seen as you have personally called me out on this thread, I will reply to you Rose. YES, I DO PLAY SATS FOR CASH!, like yourself. Until Sky change/amend the sat tree, I will continue to do so. As for Lambo & co churning out the usual responses, I/we get it. However, I made the point on this thread that if DA had not played that last AIPF sat (or anyone else who was already qualified for that matter) and a new entrant for that QF was gained....then that QF would have ran. Complaining after when you were part of the problem is ironic.If you/others can not grasp my point, fair enough.  Like I said earlier, I wish DA all the best when she does get to play her QF.
    Posted by MAXALLY

WOW

Who do you think you are dragging up the OP had played an allin sat when you do same. You simply just trying to cause a fight. So hally Rose called you out for what you are.

Gl Donna for whenever yoi get put back in.
  • edited April 2017
    Thank you Sam. For those who were on my side and understood my frustrations I thank you. For those that didnt comprehend why I was lile I was and posted the way I did I will say this. Have you ever waited for something to arrive at a certain time only to be disappointed when it didnt turn up at that time. Then when you contact who ever you are told someone else will deal with it and you will get your answer 24 hours later. When you really needed the thing that turned up as it would have made you extremely happy and the happiness you had inside you turned to anger? Well thats what I thought last night. I was mentally ready for the qrts last night and had a good feeling about it. Sorry Im just a fish!
  • edited April 2017
    Hi all, All 6 players have now been refunded. Having these refunds automatically credited is something we have put forward for our tech guys to fix. On this occasion there were no direct buy ins and duplicate sats were won resulting in only 6 at the start. The last all in sat is now 1 minute earlier which may help in future.
    Posted by Sky__James
    I'm sure you are aware James, but there were actually 6 entrants and Wineli who won the last All-in sat. after the Quarter-Final was cancelled. Hopefully ALL 7 will have been refunded.

Glad to see tech guys are working on the auto crediting, and that the final All-in sat. has been moved forward so it should finish before the Quarter-Final starts.
  • edited April 2017
    Thank you Sam. For those who were on my side and understood my frustrations I thank you. For those that didnt comprehend why I was lile I was and posted the way I did I will say this. Have you ever waited for something to arrive at a certain time only to be disappointed when it didnt turn up at that time. Then when you contact who ever you are told someone else will deal with it and you will get your answer 24 hours later. When you really needed the thing that turned up as it would have made you extremely happy and the happiness you had inside you turned to anger? Well thats what I thought last night. I was mentally ready for the qrts last night and had a good feeling about it. Sorry Im just a fish!
    Posted by Darkangel7

It's really not about sides.

We can all see why it would be annoying/frustrating, but to become ''livid'' over a sat not running when it needed 7 players and only got 6 seems rather silly/OTT, especially when the exact same sat is running every night, as people pointed out.

I'd disregard any comments from Maxally though; he regularly slates anyone who plays sats for cash then openly states he plays sats for cash himself. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
  • edited April 2017
    The last Vegas All-in sat's are still only 1 minute before the actual Quarter-Finals, though looking at numbers the Quarter-Finals should go ahead, unless there are lots of 'Sat. for Cash' players entered. Are these last sat's going to be moved forward from tomorrow?

'The Satellite Police' .......(:D} 
  • edited April 2017
    I can't help thinking about this when I see the word livid...

*tries to lighten mood*
  • edited April 2017
    I can't help thinking about this when I see the word livid... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCYGm1vMJ0 *tries to lighten mood*
    Posted by Phantom66

'David bloody Attenborough'......one of my favourite sketches WPWP
  • edited April 2017
    I can't help thinking about this when I see the word livid... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCYGm1vMJ0 *tries to lighten mood*
    Posted by Phantom66
    Classic