You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas Semi... Help

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
So... I just finished 2nd in the freeroll and won a ticket to the vegas semi for £95 is there anyway i can unregister as i have no desire of going to las vegas??

Thankyou in advance 

Danny.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Nah they wont do it, However play all the way through and get the 1k cash they give you for travel ? im sure thats ok?
    btw well done and GL :)
  • edited April 2017
    Its free anyway guess i could haha what if i win the lot could i sell my seat to a sky player?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help:
    Its free anyway guess i could haha what if i win the lot could i sell my seat to a sky player?
    Posted by TheBoss91
    The T & C's state this:

"6. No cash alternative is available for any part of the Viva Las Vegas packages, nor is any part of the packages transferable. As a condition of receiving their prize, winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas and participating in all designated activities and events, and not sell or transfer their Viva Las Vegas package to any third party. Winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event."

The full T & C's can be seen
    HERE
  • edited April 2017
    From the T&C's...

"No cash alternative is available for any part of the Viva Las Vegas packages, nor is any part of the packages transferable"

Mr T beat me to it.
  • edited April 2017
    Ok didnt read the t & c's guess ill have to arrange something if i can donk my way to vegas 
    Thanks for conformation Tikay.
  • edited April 2017
    I didnt really want cash would of prefered a similiar tournament buy in but guess ill have to roll with it see what comes :)
  • edited April 2017
    Ok didnt read the t & c's guess ill have to arrange something if i can donk my way to vegas  Thanks for conformation Tikay.
    Posted by TheBoss91
    YW.
  • edited April 2017
    qualify again via freeroll tho et the £95 as u already won ya seat :)
  • edited April 2017
    Nah they wont do it, However play all the way through and get the 1k cash they give you for travel ? im sure thats ok? btw well done and GL :)
    Posted by Mikeycb

so 1k  goes  into my account  for  tavel expenses  whats stopping me  from taking the cash if i didnt  go to  vegas ?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : so 1k  goes  into my account  for  tavel expenses  whats stopping me  from taking the cash if i didnt  go to  vegas ?
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Nothing 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : so 1k  goes  into my account  for  tavel expenses  whats stopping me  from taking the cash if i didnt  go to  vegas ?
    Posted by UrABawBag2

6. No cash alternative is available for any part of the Viva Las Vegas packages, nor is any part of the packages transferable. As a condition of receiving their prize, winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas and participating in all designated activities and events, and not sell or transfer their Viva Las Vegas package to any third party. Winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event.
  • edited April 2017
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Nothing, but do you really want £1k for a £4k package? We of course hope every package winner comes with us to LV.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : 6. No cash alternative is available for any part of the Viva Las Vegas packages, nor is any part of the packages transferable. As a condition of receiving their prize, winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas and participating in all designated activities and events, and not sell or transfer their Viva Las Vegas package to any third party. Winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event.
    Posted by MattBates
    This is exactly what I meant regarding your appearance of answering questions on behalf of Sky.
    Surely you can see that a player posting a question such as this would require an answer from Sky rather than another player.
    Despite playing all those games your answer was incorrect.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : This is exactly what I meant regarding your appearance of answering questions on behalf of Sky. Surely you can see that a player posting a question such as this would require an answer from Sky rather than another player. Despite playing all those games your answer was incorrect.
    Posted by HAYSIE

He C and P'ed from the T's and C's.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : He C and P'ed from the T's and C's.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Not sure what that has to do with anything, but according to Sams post, still the wrong answer.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : 6. No cash alternative is available for any part of the Viva Las Vegas packages, nor is any part of the packages transferable. As a condition of receiving their prize, winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas and participating in all designated activities and events, and not sell or transfer their Viva Las Vegas package to any third party. Winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event.
    Posted by MattBates
    Utter Utter Utter horse manure. 

• edited April 2017
    Why enter a vegas freeroll if you dont want to go?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : Utter Utter Utter horse manure. 
    Posted by CxE1

What is?
  • edited April 2017
    matts answer is correct as is sams 

anybody who wins a package would get 1k cash to book flights etc if you keep that and dont go vegas you lose 3k worth of benefits which is not transferable.

vegaswas added to the prizepool in the freeroll.

forum is getting far to many people digging people out, even tho posters are only trying to help.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : This is exactly what I meant regarding your appearance of answering questions on behalf of Sky. Surely you can see that a player posting a question such as this would require an answer from Sky rather than another player. Despite playing all those games your answer was incorrect.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    I quoted the terms and conditions. There are a lot of them on the site, like the countries you can play skypoker from. If players want to go against these terms and conditions then its up to sky whether they enforce the terms and conditions. Hope you enjoyed your Vegas package last year with sky.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : I quoted the terms and conditions. There are a lot of them on the site, like the countries you can play skypoker from. If players want to go against these terms and conditions then its up to sky whether they enforce the terms and conditions. Hope you enjoyed your Vegas package last year with sky.
    Posted by MattBates

I see what you did there ;)
  • edited April 2017
    Why enter a vegas freeroll if you dont want to go?
    Posted by razorkev

I played for the free cash not the vegas seat but what will be will be i suppose

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : I played for the free cash not the vegas seat but what will be will be i suppose
    Posted by TheBoss91

The semi might well have some leftover cash for X place so you can always aim for that.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : He C and P'ed from the T's and C's.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The longer answer is,
    I cant believe that you would find it necessary to point out that Matt had merely copied and pasted number 6 of the terms and conditions to anyone on this planet. Especially when Tikay who works for Sky had done the same thing earlier on the thread, when answering a different question.
    The rest of my comment refers to a debate I was having with Matt on a different thread.

• edited April 2017
    matts answer is correct as is sams  anybody who wins a package would get 1k cash to book flights etc if you keep that and dont go vegas you lose 3k worth of benefits which is not transferable. vegaswas added to the prizepool in the freeroll. forum is getting far to many people digging people out, even tho posters are only trying to help.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    They cant both be correct as Matts answer says no you cant keep the 1k and Sams answer says you can.

winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : They cant both be correct as Matts answer says no you cant keep the 1k and Sams answer says you can. winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas
    Posted by HAYSIE

You're an intelligent chap, I'm surprised so much stuff seems to go over your head.
  • edited April 2017
    I play the freeroll for the money and have no intention of attempting to go to Vegas so if I win a seat what should I do?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : I quoted the terms and conditions. There are a lot of them on the site, like the countries you can play skypoker from. If players want to go against these terms and conditions then its up to sky whether they enforce the terms and conditions. Hope you enjoyed your Vegas package last year with sky.
    Posted by MattBates
    My point exactly.
    If you are seen to be answering questions with some authority due to the number of games you have played, and Sky are prepared to waive any terms and conditions from time to time, then if your answer is merely quoting the terms and coditions, then each time Sky are prepared to waive the terms and conditions, your answer will be misleading. As in this case.
    In this case Sky pays each qualifier 1k direct to their bank account to cover travel costs. I suppose it would be difficult for Sky to recover this money if the player didnt wish to go to Vegas. So this condition would be difficult if not impossible to enforce.
    Tikay had already copied and pasted the same condition earlier in this thread in answer to a different question.
    I have enjoyed both my trips to Vegas with Sky, thankyou.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : You're an intelligent chap, I'm surprised so much stuff seems to go over your head.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Explain please.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : You're an intelligent chap, I'm surprised so much stuff seems to go over your head.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Think you have miss placed your trolling tallent. Used to be quite funny, but when see same thing for a few years..... New material needed.

You do like a keyboard argument... but never really contribute any real points of helpfulness

Poor OP, last time they will ask a sensible question here