You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas Semi... Help

2»

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help:
    I play the freeroll for the money and have no intention of attempting to go to Vegas so if I win a seat what should I do?
    Posted by stokefc
    Sams post seems to indicate that you could only keep the 1k travel expenses, but to be certain you should contact someone from Sky.

• edited April 2017
    I will summarise for everybody.

If you win a Las Vegas package you will be contacted by us and asked to provide ID, Bank details and further personal information. Once you have done this we will send £1000 to your bank account which is to be used for flights for your trip to Vegas. Closer to the time we will send further information about the package and what you can expect in Vegas. Trust me this year is set to be better than ever. We will then see you in Vegas.

The T&C's that Matt copy and pasted are of course correct there is no cash alternative and the £1000 is for travel. If you choose not to book flights and not to come to Vegas then we cannot stop you doing that but it is a huge shame that you get £1000 for a £4000 prize. Equally it is shame somebody who would have come misses out. 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : They cant both be correct as Matts answer says no you cant keep the 1k and Sams answer says you can. winners must use the prize monies awarded for the purposes of arranging travel to Las Vegas
    Posted by HAYSIE
    see above post.

imo it be stupid to waste the vegas trip but its a option.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : Think you have miss placed your trolling tallent. Used to be quite funny, but when see same thing for a few years..... New material needed. You do like a keyboard argument... but never really contribute any real points of helpfulness Poor OP, last time they will ask a sensible question here 
    Posted by Nuggy962

I think you might have 'miss placed' your dictionary.

Scroll up, you'll see that I mentioned to OP that depending on runners there could also be some money going for X place and to aim for that if Vegas isn't of interest.

Selective reading eh?
  • edited April 2017
    A person won a package last year and sold it did they not.

The person that came 2nd in the qualifier werent offered the chance to go.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : Explain please.
    Posted by HAYSIE

What SkySam said, and reading between the lines before he posted.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : My point exactly. If you are seen to be answering questions with some authority due to the number of games you have played, and Sky are prepared to waive any terms and conditions from time to time, then if your answer is merely quoting the terms and coditions, then each time Sky are prepared to waive the terms and conditions, your answer will be misleading. As in this case. In this case Sky pays each qualifier 1k direct to their bank account to cover travel costs. I suppose it would be difficult for Sky to recover this money if the player didnt wish to go to Vegas. So this condition would be difficult if not impossible to enforce. Tikay had already copied and pasted the same condition earlier in this thread in answer to a different question. I have enjoyed both my trips to Vegas with Sky, thankyou.
    Posted by HAYSIE

You queried what made me qualified to answer a question on sats so I gave a response explaining why I thought I was qualified to answer it. I dont see why anyone would think I would have any authority, you are the only one suggesting this. People ask questions on the forum and will get responses from a lot of people. If they want a formal response then I would suggest the send a PM to someone who works for sky or contact customer care.

Seems like you are just trolling now.

Anyway, gl to the OP and I hope you do manage to win a package and come to Vegas as its a great experience.

and FYI for anyone going to Vegas

Which countries are allowed?

We accept customers based in any of the following countries:

• United Kingdom
    • Channel Islands
    • Ireland
    • Finland
    • Gibraltar
    • Italy - Click here to visit our Sky Bet Italia site

Due to our products/services being prohibited and/or restricted by local laws we do not currently accept new accounts from any other countries.

Using your account abroad

Please note that you will not be able to use your account outside of the above countries, even if your account is registered with us from countries in the above list

• edited April 2017
    I only  asked  the question  as i had  previously  won  the  daily freeroll  100 quid for  that, and up for  grabs was a seat  in  the  final. now as  im  presently  unemployed i  would  not  be able  to go  to  vegas  so yeah  if  i won  i  would  of  taken  the 1k  cash all from  a freeroll.  (was it the semi  cant  remember but  i  was  in  final)

as stated  in  t@cs if  you  cant  go  then  next  highest  placed  runner  would  get  package. so if  theres  nothing  stopping  me  keeping  the 1k, im not  gonna turn  round an  say  yeah  lets  give it  to matt bates who  was  runner  up :) 

would  luv  to go  to  vegas  but  aint  gonna put myself  in  debt  to  get  their. 

still  on  my bucket list  tho.
  • edited April 2017
    I only  asked  the question  as i had  previously  won  the  daily freeroll  100 quid for  that, and up for  grabs was a seat  in  the  final. now as  im  presently  unemployed i  would  not  be able  to go  to  vegas  so yeah  if  i won  i  would  of  taken  the 1k  cash all from  a freeroll.  (was it the semi  cant  remember but  i  was  in  final) as stated  in  t@cs if  you  cant  go  then  next  highest  placed  runner  would  get  package. so if  theres  nothing  stopping  me  keeping  the 1k, im not  gonna turn  round an  say  yeah  lets  give it  to matt bates who  was  runner  up :)  would  luv  to go  to  vegas  but  aint  gonna put myself  in  debt  to  get  their.  still  on  my bucket list  tho.
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Well said! Is only £1k for flights so will obviously need spends too. 

Gl in this 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : What is?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The fact you can't get anything as an alternative should you be unable to go for some reason...  It's not as if the prizes are gifts, you actually pay the entry to which ever level satellite and win a higher ticket from the pool of other players entry fees..
    ... I mention this as I had the good fortune of winning( playing for, not prize draw) a package last year and was unable to go.. so lost the money (or prize) that I rightly won... 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : What SkySam said, and reading between the lines before he posted.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I honestly do not have any idea what you mean. Your answer makes no sense to me.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : see above post. imo it be stupid to waste the vegas trip but its a option.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Both posts cannot be correct.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : Both posts cannot be correct.
    Posted by HAYSIE

Everything is so black and white with you!

Both posts cannot be correct.
    You can't have a guarantee with a minimum number of runners.
    Tuesdays main event guarantee is the same year round but Thursdays is halved in summer.

As I said, read between the lines a bit. Obv the T's and C's aren't gonna say ''£1000 is credited for flights, but if you can't be bothered to go then no worries and have a grand on us''.

The money is clearly for flights, but as Sam alluded to if someone wins a package and then opts not to go then they lose the value of the rest of it, IE 3k of goodies. So your 4k package that you won but can't/won't attend shrinks to 1k in value and deprives someone else of going, which could be a once in a lifetime trip for them.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Semi... Help : Everything is so black and white with you! Both posts cannot be correct. You can't have a guarantee with a minimum number of runners. Tuesdays main event guarantee is the same year round but Thursdays is halved in summer. As I said, read between the lines a bit. Obv the T's and C's aren't gonna say ''£1000 is credited for flights, but if you can't be bothered to go then no worries and have a grand on us''. The money is clearly for flights, but as Sam alluded to if someone wins a package and then opts not to go then they lose the value of the rest of it, IE 3k of goodies. So your 4k package that you won but can't/won't attend shrinks to 1k in value and deprives someone else of going, which could be a once in a lifetime trip for them.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Here Here..