You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Rover Returns

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
Wayhay welcome back bud

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Hi All ,
                 To peeps that know me & peeps  that do not, I look forward to gaming & chatting with you .
    Last time here over 5 years ago i did well but needed to use my ongoing winnings to support my family life .
    Mostly played low stakes but managed to accumulated 15k .
    This time do, my business is going great so wont need to withdraw any of my bankroll as it grows ,
    so the plan is to grow my bankroll and take a few games on in the higher stakes .

So i started with 20 Bankroll .

24/04/17 BR 20

06/05/17  BR 136

09/05/17  BR 302

28/05/17  BR 418 

05/06/17  BR  484

09/06/17  Current BR update 519

As always here to help any newbies & general poker advice for peeps & friends .

Kind Regards 

Denis

p.s good to see  Tk is still alive lol
    to be jezus he will go on ever .
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back m8, look forward to playing you on tables, run good
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to The Returned Rover:
    Hi All ,              To peeps that know me & peeps  that do not, I look forward to gaming & chatting with you . Last time here over 5 years ago i did well but needed to use my ongoing winnings to support my family life . Mostly played low stakes but managed to accumulated 15k . This time do, my business is going great so wont need to withdraw any of my bankroll as it grows , so the plan is to grow my bankroll and take a few games on in the higher stakes . So i started with a 20 deposit roughly 2 weeks ago . Current Bankroll 136 As always here to help any newbies & general poker advice for peeps & friends . Kind Regards  Denis p.s good to see  Tk is still alive lol to be jezus he will go on ever .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Welcome back Denis

Good luck pal
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back,run golden.
  • edited May 2017
    welcome back good luck 
  • edited May 2017
    Run well my friend xx I have missed you love paige55 xxx
  • edited May 2017

Nice to see you back Dennis, nice uplift in the BR. What are you playing these days ?
  • edited May 2017
    It sounds as though you've had a decent start on your return. We must have just missed each other a set I started posting about 4/5 years ago.
    5 years is a long time to be away!
    Have you played at all during that time? If not have you noticed any changes in how people play since you last played?
    What format do you normally play?

Gl
  • edited May 2017

Morning Denis, great to see you back here.

Firstly, loved the way you wrote that OP - with a correct beginning & end, ("Hi all", & "Kind Regards"), paragraphs and all sorts. Been a while since we have seen anyone who says "Hi" here, I can tell you. 

How is IrishRaver?

You fixed those shelves yet?

Incidentally, there have been two "welcome back" threads for you already. The first went inexplicably off-topic & eventually had to be closed, though that was nothing to do with you - you can see it HERE. Then MAXALLY bumped an old thread to try again, HERE.

Sadly, "FlyingDagg" who featured in the thread MAXALLY bumped, passed away last year, which was terribly sad. We lost Ice_Tiger recently, & AceBarry back in 2012, too.

I'm still alive, yes. I got a Final Warning 6 weeks ago, but I avoided the red card & I'm in OK shape now.

So you have had a nice warm welcome, & I hope we'll see plenty more of you. The Forum is badly in need of good posters right now, the last 4 to 6 weeks have seen ridiculous squabbling & it's killing the place.

Take care Denis, and run good.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Returned Rover:
    Wayhay welcome back bud
    Posted by stokefc

Thank you Sean ,
    I noticed your game has greatly  improved
    then again it could not have got much worse lol .

• edited May 2017
    Welcome back m8, look forward to playing you on tables, run good
    Posted by Red_King

Thank You Red ,
                            Good to see you on here bud , I look forward to gaming with you .

• edited May 2017
    In Response to The Returned Rover : Welcome back Denis Good luck pal
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Cheers Sned ,
                        You still running good on here ?
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back,run golden.
    Posted by belsibub
    Thank you Bels , you to bud run golden .

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns:
    Posted by paige55
    Thank You my soft fluffy Paige ,
    See you on tables gal .
    Your Friend
                     Denis
  • edited May 2017
      Nice to see you back Dennis, nice uplift in the BR. What are you playing these days ?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hello PomPom,
                         Yep off to a good start .
    I am playing low deepstacks and £11 dym .
  • edited May 2017
    It sounds as though you've had a decent start on your return. We must have just missed each other a set I started posting about 4/5 years ago. 5 years is a long time to be away! Have you played at all during that time? If not have you noticed any changes in how people play since you last played? What format do you normally play? Gl
    Posted by Jac35

Hi Jac ,
                Yep a good start , a little live house  poker .
    Dym and deepstack .
    See you around Jac and GL to you .

Denis

• edited May 2017
    Hi rover lad, 
    Nice to see you are back on Sky, after all these years.
    I do remember you with fondness rover lad,
    as you and a couple of others, namley pokertrev, and acebarry,
    really made me feel welcome, when i first joined the site in 2011
    so thank you for that. 

unfortunatly I don't think our paths will cross much,
    I seldom play holdem, I've discovered the real game 2 years ago 
    omaha hi/lo, if you fancy a change, I'll see you there, dym's or mtt's. 

I hope you have fun, (most important)
    enjoyable, and profitable return.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)

• edited May 2017
    Welcome back Rover.

Ger
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by paige55
    Thought you left skypoker?

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns : Thought you left skypoker?
    Posted by razorkev
    Kev can you stay off this thread please ,
    unless you have something productive to contribute .
    Thank you
    Denis
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Mr.Rover.
    Welcome back, I too missed your beginning here. It seems you are well liked by some really good folk here, it would be great to get the forum positive and buzzing again, I shall endeavour to update my story ( if I can find it )
    I play the cheaper buy in mtt's, hold em and pl08, perhaps we shall meet on the virtual felt.
    Good luck in your games.
    Tom.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns : Kev can you stay off this thread please , unless you have something productive to contribute . Thank you Denis
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Excuse me? I was asking her a question because i was upset she was leaving.Blimey you are pleasant so im sorry but asking a suitable question wont keep me off any thread 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns : Excuse me? I was asking her a question because i was upset she was leaving.Blimey you are pleasant so im sorry but asking a suitable question wont keep me off any thread 
    Posted by razorkev
    Mods please note this guys recent posting history .
    Thank you in advance .
    Denis

• edited May 2017
    Hey Denis,

Welcome back and good luck at the tables.

• edited May 2017
    Welcome back IR, and best of luck with your challenge ��
    Is missus rover back too?
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back, Denis. I remember you going away for your five year stretch! GL at the tables.

• edited May 2017
    Best of luck with this Denis.

This sort of thread is just what the forum needs.
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back bud

I remember when I first started playing poker on sky you were very nice friendly made me feel welcome in forum

Gl on tables
  • edited May 2017

Welcome back (again) Denis. I hope you are well Sir. Congrats on the DTD win last week. The Forum has been on a decline for a while, so I hope your return reverts that trend. Time for another Big Brother? ;) 

Best of luck at the tables mate.
  • edited May 2017
    Morning Denis, great to see you back here. Firstly, loved the way you wrote that OP - with a correct beginning & end, ("Hi all", & "Kind Regards"), paragraphs and all sorts. Been a while since we have seen anyone who says "Hi" here, I can tell you.  How is IrishRaver? You fixed those shelves yet? Incidentally, there have been two "welcome back" threads for you already. The first went inexplicably off-topic & eventually had to be closed, though that was nothing to do with you - you can see it HERE . Then MAXALLY bumped an old thread to try again, HERE . Sadly, "FlyingDagg" who featured in the thread MAXALLY bumped, passed away last year, which was terribly sad. We lost Ice_Tiger recently, & AceBarry back in 2012, too.   I'm still alive, yes. I got a Final Warning 6 weeks ago, but I avoided the red card & I'm in OK shape now.   So you have had a nice warm welcome, & I hope we'll see plenty more of you. The Forum is badly in need of good posters right now, the last 4 to 6 weeks have seen ridiculous squabbling & it's killing the place.   Take care Denis, and run good.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony ,
                  That is a lot of info there and questions , so i will try get time to respond if knocked out early in DTD tonight .
    I have a few laughs to tell you .
    Chat later tonight or tomorrow night .
    Kind Regards
                        Denis
    p.s Good to see you are still here bud .