You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Rover Returns

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Great to have you back.
  • edited May 2017

welcome back denis you have been missed gl on the tables
  • edited May 2017
    Congratulations on your back to back wins on the DTD monday games nice one
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome Mr Rover.

For those of us who were not around before, can you let us know a bit more about yourself? 

Congratulations on growing a successful business, what do you do?

GL with your challenge.
  • edited May 2017

Welcome back Denis.

How fast did that 5 years go ,jeezz.

Run golden mate,see you at the tables soon.
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns:
    Morning Denis, great to see you back here. Firstly, loved the way you wrote that OP - with a correct beginning & end, ("Hi all", & "Kind Regards"), paragraphs and all sorts. Been a while since we have seen anyone who says "Hi" here, I can tell you.  How is IrishRaver? You fixed those shelves yet? Incidentally, there have been two "welcome back" threads for you already. The first went inexplicably off-topic & eventually had to be closed, though that was nothing to do with you - you can see it HERE . Then MAXALLY bumped an old thread to try again, HERE . Sadly, "FlyingDagg" who featured in the thread MAXALLY bumped, passed away last year, which was terribly sad. We lost Ice_Tiger recently, & AceBarry back in 2012, too.   I'm still alive, yes. I got a Final Warning 6 weeks ago, but I avoided the red card & I'm in OK shape now.   So you have had a nice warm welcome, & I hope we'll see plenty more of you. The Forum is badly in need of good posters right now, the last 4 to 6 weeks have seen ridiculous squabbling & it's killing the place.   Take care Denis, and run good.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tony ,
                  I am sorry about this late reply and thank you for the Intro compliments . 
    You most probably need to sit down now for the next bit lol.
    I wrote a book a few years ago , A Painting & Decorating guide for DIY enthusiasts ( obviously  i got someone to do Word perfect on it  lol ),
    Its obsolete now with newer products in the market place , but currently I am doing a weekly P&D editorial for our local newspaper .

IrishRaver Aka Tina ,Aka my soul mate is in top form and upgraded to sliderobes .
    She is 50/50 on returning to skypoker , plus she cant remember her user ID log in name .

I had a look at the thread links you posted , looks like your mods need to kick some you know what lol .
    On my part in the next week or so i will PM the 500 plus in my inbox and ask them to give the forum a little posting boost .
    I wont lie after chating with a few of the long time regulars  they seem a bit disillusioned alright by some of the negativity in the forum . 

Sorry to here the passing of 3 great skypoker positive peeps , all we leave in the end is a memory print and they sure left pleasant ,fun and caring ones .
    R.I.P 
    FlyingDagg
    IceTiger
    AceBarry

Good to hear your bouncing back to goodish health.
    My mobile no, remains the same , if i can help out just buzz me and thank you for the nice post.

Kind Regards 
                        Denis

• edited May 2017
    Welcome back Irish 
  • edited May 2017
    Hi rover lad,  Nice to see you are back on Sky, after all these years. I do remember you with fondness rover lad, as you and a couple of others, namley pokertrev, and acebarry, really made me feel welcome, when i first joined the site in 2011 so thank you for that.  unfortunatly I don't think our paths will cross much, I seldom play holdem, I've discovered the real game 2 years ago  omaha hi/lo, if you fancy a change, I'll see you there, dym's or mtt's.  I hope you have fun, (most important) enjoyable, and profitable return. Regards Alan (plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    Hi Alan ,
                Ty for the very nice post , we defo chat in more detail at a later date .
    I will defo challenge you to a DYM  comp in oma maybe later on in the year .

Kind Regards 
                       Denis
    p.s ty again
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back Rover. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Ty Ger ,
    Are you still crushing the Omaha dym tables ?

• edited May 2017
    Hi Mr.Rover. Welcome back, I too missed your beginning here. It seems you are well liked by some really good folk here, it would be great to get the forum positive and buzzing again, I shall endeavour to update my story ( if I can find it ) I play the cheaper buy in mtt's, hold em and pl08, perhaps we shall meet on the virtual felt. Good luck in your games. Tom.
    Posted by tomgoodun

Hi Tom ,
                   Thank you for the post and the compliments that is very kind of you .
    Yep positive is the way to go. I would like to see your story on the forum please ,
    I look forward to playing poker with you .
    Kind Regards
                         Denis.

• edited May 2017
    Moved on to plo8, not sure about crushing but Im certainly doing plenty of yapping :D.

Ger
  • edited May 2017
    Wiiiiiiiii - Welcome Back

I will try and catch up with you on the tables soon.

Best of Luck.
  • edited May 2017
    Hey Denis, Welcome back and good luck at the tables.
    Posted by LARSON7

Hi Larson,
                       Thank you for the welcome back post .
    See you at the tables .

Kind Regards 
                        Denis 
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back IR, and best of luck with your challenge �� Is missus rover back too?
    Posted by samantha25
    Hello Dearest Samantha ,
                                           Thank you for the welcome back post.
    Mrs Rover Aka Irishraver Aka soul mate is 50/50 on returning .
    Funny thing is she/Tina organised a 10 seater deepstack 1 rebuy s&g in our home last week .
    We 8 strong in men & only raver and another 68 year lady friend .
    LoL 8 men watched the heads up from the side lines .
    Raver multi tasks serving up the food , drinks and took the winnings lol .

See you about the forum and tables Sam .

Kind Regards
                        Denis
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back, Denis. I remember you going away for your five year stretch! GL at the tables.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Hi Noseybonk ,
                          Thank for your welcome back post and see you around bud .
     Kind Regards 
                          Denis
  • edited May 2017
    Best of luck with this Denis. This sort of thread is just what the forum needs.
    Posted by MattBates

Hello Mattbates,
                            Thank you for your post and lovely compliment .
    I look forward to chatting with you on this forum and if luck has meet you on those final tables you frequent lol  .

Kind Regards 
                        Denis

• edited May 2017
    Welcome back to the mad house
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back bud I remember when I first started playing poker on sky you were very nice friendly made me feel welcome in forum Gl on tables
    Posted by liamboi11
    Hello Liamboi11.
                             Thank you for the nice welcome back and the compliment .
    I look forward to chatting to you in forum and the banter on the tables .

Kind Regards
                          Denis

• edited May 2017
    Welcome back (again) Denis. I hope you are well Sir. Congrats on the DTD win last week. The Forum has been on a decline for a while, so I hope your return reverts that trend. Time for another Big Brother? ;)  Best of luck at the tables mate.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Thank you Alan ,
                              I am in top form and really enjoying DTD . Tony told me you bumped an old thread to highlight my return, thank you  for that my friend . 
    Yep i heard from a few peeps about the forum decline , i had a chat with a few old regulars on skypoker tables and asked them to come back posting in forum, So fingers crossed that will bring back a few positive  posts .
    I think i will template a PM  and try encourage peeps to return to forum , i have 500 + peeps  in my inbox from the comp organizing days, i will try sort that tomorrow .
    Unfortunately time is my enemy these days , busy  workload . Today i am off but still i must do a few weeks Painting & decorating Editorials for the local newspaper.
    See you at the tables tonight Alan.

TC
          Denis

• edited May 2017
    Great to have you back.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Hi  hhyftftdr ,
                            Thank you .
     Denis
  • edited May 2017
    Welcome back!  I look forward to seeing you on the tables.  Sue
  • edited May 2017
       welcome back denis you have been missed gl on the tables
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi Mr Bandit sir ,
                             Thank you very your welcome post .
    See you about my old bud .

Regards
                 Denis
  • edited May 2017

Hey Denis,nice to see an old friend return.

Good luck 

Phil 
  • edited May 2017
    Great, just great.

Been finding it difficult to totally retire from online poker but this was the chance. Three weeks in China with no access to skypoker or the forum and jobs done.

On my way back and what do I find in the inbox? A notification that I have a sky poker PM.

Let's work to making the forum even better it says. Signed Irishrover. How can one say no to that?

PS welcome back.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns : Thank you Alan ,                           I am in top form and really enjoying DTD . Tony told me you bumped an old thread to highlight my return, thank you  for that my friend .  Yep i heard from a few peeps about the forum decline , i had a chat with a few old regulars on skypoker tables and asked them to come back posting in forum, So fingers crossed that will bring back a few positive  posts . I think i will template a PM  and try encourage peeps to return to forum , i have 500 + peeps  in my inbox from the comp organizing days, i will try sort that tomorrow . Unfortunately time is my enemy these days , busy  workload . Today i am off but still i must do a few weeks Painting & decorating Editorials for the local newspaper. See you at the tables tonight Alan. TC       Denis              
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Like a lot of things in life, this is pretty subjective. One persons decline is another persons thriving. Just because a couple of long term posters say the forum is in decline doesn't make it so.

You could argue that this place is much better than it was maybe 2 years ago; Tikay runs loads of forum comps with great prizes, threads are hardly ever closed, we don't get many of the idiotic 'Sky is rigged' people popping up anymore, James and Sam seem to have a much bigger presence here too these days, and there are a wealth of diaries to pop in and out of as you please.

I guess its one of 2 things....you can moan about how things used to be and lament the forum 'good old days', or you can appreciate that we still have this facility, when many sites don't, and make the most of what it is. Looks a pretty simple decision in my eyes.

Run well.

• edited May 2017
    Congratulations on your back to back wins on the DTD monday games nice one
    Posted by razorkev
    Hi Kev ,
                Thank you for congrats , good cards help lol.
    See you around the tables.

Kind Regards
                         Denis
  • edited May 2017
    Perhaps its in decline because of the mob constantly jumping on people that say something wrong.

I for one dont find it as friendly as forum as it once was and rarely read posts or post anymore as a result.

Admire your input though rover.

Good luck

Ger
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Rover Returns : Like a lot of things in life, this is pretty subjective. One persons decline is another persons thriving. Just because a couple of long term posters say the forum is in decline doesn't make it so. You could argue that this place is much better than it was maybe 2 years ago; Tikay runs loads of forum comps with great prizes, threads are hardly ever closed, we don't get many of the idiotic 'Sky is rigged' people popping up anymore, James and Sam seem to have a much bigger presence here too these days, and there are a wealth of diaries to pop in and out of as you please. I guess its one of 2 things....you can moan about how things used to be and lament the forum 'good old days', or you can appreciate that we still have this facility, when many sites don't, and make the most of what it is. Looks a pretty simple decision in my eyes. Run well.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Thank you HH ,
                              I value your opinion , I think we are as of one in making the forum work , as well as i supose the majority of posters , what could possibly go wrong lol .
    Seriously thanks a mill bud as delboy would say onwards and upwards .

I look forward to working with you in the forum .
    Your honourable servant Rover .

• edited May 2017
    Perhaps its in decline because of the mob constantly jumping on people that say something wrong. I for one dont find it as friendly as forum as it once was and rarely read posts or post anymore as a result. Admire your input though rover. Good luck Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thank you Ger ,
                              I also admire your input , lets all work together bud .

Denis