You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** IT'S A GO AT LUDLOW TODAY (SUNDAY 14TH MAY 2017) ** SEE TWO PERM STRATEGY ON

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    OK, just in the main perm now:

There are 448.64 UNITS going into LEG4 of which 22.5 are ours.

We are on the following in LEG4: (3.30pm)
    03 – WISHFULL DREAMING
    04 – CHIEFTAIN'S CHOICE
    06 – HESTINA
    END
  • edited May 2017
    oh well fun while it lasted
  • edited May 2017
    Gutted, PERUVIEN BLEU was in other perm too. I removed WHATTHEBUTTLERSAW from perm two as well, so I could put WESTERN MILLER in as it was napped.

PERUVIAN BLEU was also removed by all but , ZADOC, SNUFFER, VAIGRET and MISTY4ME.

Well done to the above for not removing it, however the lack of a NAP for it and several having it as a removal, meant it was only in the secondary perm.

WHATTHEBUTLERSAW was my mistake, I so wanted that in both perms, but was trying to drive costs down.

This was one that got away, and tbh, it hurts. :=(

Cheers,

G

P.S. I'm sure I'll get over it. Thanks for all then input.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** IT'S A GO AT LUDLOW TODAY (SUNDAY 14TH MAY 2017) ** SEE TWO PERM STRATEGY ON OP:
    Ifs and buts and I'll shoulder the "blame" for napping Western Miller. I think their was other horses in 3.00 which could have been left out but ce la vie.   
    Posted by vaigret
    Not your fault Vaigret, last time we won was largely down to you, as you pointed us away from the banker in the 5th leg. I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just explaining my dilemma's based on trying to accommodate everyone as best I can.

I am more cross with myself really, for not having WHATTHEBUTLERSAW in both legs. I really wanted it in, but to reduce costs, something had to give.

That's been an unlucky horse for me. When I did the charity trophy presentations at Kempton in Feb. I had 3 big priced winners in a Lucky15, going on to WHATTHEBUTTLERSAW. It was approx. £5K if he won, but only 6th that day.

Oh well. I'm just disappointed for the team. We had such good coverage today, it was almost harder to lose than to win. :=)

G
  • edited May 2017

Always hard when doing two perms and sorting them, just unlucky this time and always beware when Nick Williams puts up family.  Lots of losers napped in 3.00 but I have strong shoulders and unlucky that the gamble on Western Miller didn't carry on from Saturday night. see my note on naps thread

• edited May 2017
    I should have found a way to have WHATTHEBUTLERSAW in both perms as it was only removed by two people I believe, and that warrants inclusion in both.

It's just costs were /> £700 at that point and I felt something had to give.

Really hope we bust elsewhere now, but I can't see it.

I would probably have put some coverage bets in if going in the last, depending on which perm was still in.

All hypothetical now.

Shame.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** IT'S A GO AT LUDLOW TODAY (SUNDAY 14TH MAY 2017) ** SEE TWO PERM STRATEGY ON OP:
    Get through this and we are certain to get through the next leg as the one horse we did not have has just been withdrawn - no pressure then!
    Posted by bearace
    I so wish that were true! :=(
  • edited May 2017

Hi Graham all academic above now , we all missed Festive Affair so would have just had heartbreak a little later.

Chin up all, we cant win all the time

• edited May 2017
    I am actually quite relieved now.

No-one napped Festive Fair and it was removed by seven of us, hence it's absence.

I don't feel like I have let the side down anymore.

Yes, would have been gutting to go out on 5th leg with such wide coverage. Cut and Pate of tote info going to last leg.

tote jackpot:
    Ludlow
    : 16:30
    14-05-2017
    LEG 6
    Pool Size
    £14,418
    Units Left
    No.
    Name
    Units
    % of pool
    3 Monkey Puzzle 1.50 33.33
    4 Robin The Raven 0.50 11.11
    5 Take To Heart 1.00 22.22
    6 Fixed Rate 1.50 33.33

END
  • edited May 2017
    So roll over very unlikely, looks like potentially a good dividend too.

Had 3 out of 4 horses in the 4th Leg and missed, and 5 out of 7 horses in the 5th Leg and missed.

Just one of those run bad days.

Well, as we know it's a mid/long term strategy, but can be tough sometimes.

I really appreciate the contributions everyone has made, didn't come off today, but if we can get coverage like this in the future, our luck may hold out.

I knew that 5th one was a tough leg, hence having five runners, I was saying as much in a previous reply to Roger.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Graham nobody especially you let the side down, we all do this to try and win and whatever happens it always difficult to know what a horse is going to do on any given day.

Who would have thought Festive Affair would win after five month absence although having said that the course form with that and Peruvien bleu means they were always worth looking at twice. Easy to say after event though
  • edited May 2017
    ul  guys  gl in the  next  attempt