You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on.........

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on.........:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Hi Bud, In short, nope. PS - It is not a "noob question", you should see the questions Stokey asks on a Friday night.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Haha thank you sir, looking forward to it!
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Is it a barm, bap, roll, cake or cob?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Are you talking about teacakes?
  • edited May 2017
    Any questions, hit me up.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Pepsi or Coke?

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Is an Ace high or low..?
    Posted by Angmar2626
    I'm an O8 man, so it can be both.

It always furrows my brow that some O8 players don't realise the immense power of an Ace. If we are playing 4 card O8, an Ace mans we have FIVE cards in our hand. That's some advantage, I'd say. It's almost like cheating.  

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Pepsi or Coke?
    Posted by markycash
    Knew "any questions, hit me up" was a mistake.

Will you be playing the Super Sunday £30,000 Main Event Mr BoxLuck, or do you have other plans for Sunday evening?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Knew "any questions, hit me up" was a mistake. Will you be playing the Super Sunday £30,000 Main Event Mr BoxLuck, or do you have other plans for Sunday evening?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would definitely play it under normal circumstances but it would probably be best to concentrate on the £1260 and £435 games.

Unless Sky want to retrospectively introduce a clause into the Mayhem freerolls that if you finish in the top 5 for 2 weeks in a row you win a package :) Then I could bin the £435 game and play the £30k instead? Just an idea... Just trying to do my little bit to ensure the £30k meets the guarantee :) 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : I would definitely play it under normal circumstances but it would probably be best to concentrate on the £1260 and £435 games. Unless Sky want to retrospectively introduce a clause into the Mayhem freerolls that if you finish in the top 5 for 2 weeks in a row you win a package :) Then I could bin the £435 game and play the £30k instead? Just an idea... Just trying to do my little bit to ensure the £30k meets the guarantee :) 
    Posted by markycash
    If you really want to help, have a word with the weather forecasters.

They are currently forecasting "record high temperatures" for the weekend. High temperatures are BAD for Online Poker & ambitious guarantees.

So that Guarantee might come under pressure.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Hi Bud, In short, nope. PS - It is not a "noob question", you should see the questions Stokey asks on a Friday night.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    oi my friday night rambles are always intellegent and articulate , well they feel like it at the time :)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : If you really want to help, have a word with the weather forecasters. They are currently forecasting "record high temperatures" for the weekend. High temperatures are BAD for Online Poker & ambitious guarantees. So that Guarantee might come under pressure.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes it does look excellent, even up in far far away land where I am. To play WSOP qualys or go to the beach... that is the question :D Guess I will play some pokers!

P.S. I don't think the forecasters actually control the weather Mr T :P
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Yes it does look excellent, even up in far far away land where I am. To play WSOP qualys or go to the beach... that is the question :D Guess I will play some pokers! P.S. I don't think the forecasters actually control the weather Mr T :P
    Posted by markycash
    If you think about it, they do in a roundabout way.

If they give out very good weather, more people are likely to go out for the day.

So we need them to suggest rain, wind, hail, storms, & tempest stuff, so that everyone stays at home.  

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : If you think about it, they do in a roundabout way. If they give out very good weather, more people are likely to go out for the day. So we need them to suggest rain, wind, hail, storms, & tempest stuff, so that everyone stays at home.    
    Posted by Tikay10

That is my favourite form of precipitation :) I'll be at home regardless of the weather.

• edited May 2017
    A couple of questions for Tikay.........

a) Is Super Sunday a breach of copyright with Sky Sports?

b) If Sky Sports sue for the above, will the day be postponed until the Monday?

c) If b) happens, can the day be called Manic Monday?

e) Will Jeff Stelling be presenting the day on here? (A proper presenter him, nearly as good as Orford)

f) How many times will Chris Karma be watching Bates play and say unbelievable?

e) Will there be anything 'last minute' planned for the Bank Holiday with regards to Vegas? *asking on behalf of all the folks who are unable to play on Sunday. (yes, including me, sigh)

g) Am I banned from this thread now?
  • edited May 2017
    A couple of questions for Tikay......... a) Is Super Sunday a breach of copyright with Sky Sports? b) If Sky Sports sue for the above, will the day be postponed until the Monday? c) If b) happens, can the day be called Manic Monday? e) Will Jeff Stelling be presenting the day on here? (A proper presenter him, nearly as good as Orford) f) How many times will Chris Karma be watching Bates play and say unbelievable? e) Will there be anything 'last minute' planned for the Bank Holiday with regards to Vegas? *asking on behalf of all the folks who are unable to play on Sunday. (yes, including me, sigh) g) Am I banned from this thread now?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    a) No

b) Possibly

c) Probably

d) There does not appear to be a d).

e) Coincidentally, Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson will both be in the SB&G Leeds Office tomorrow entertaining the staff.

f) Nil, as Chris really gets upset when people mis-spell his surname.

e) (The second e), this one followed f)). I'm afraid the answer to that is "no comment".

g) (Which followed e) this time). Absolutely not, no control freaks here. (With apologies to my friend StayOrGo, & with my tongue firmly in cheek).

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : a) No b) Possibly c) Probably d) There does not appear to be a d). e) Coincidentally, Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson will both be in the SB&G Leeds Office tomorrow entertaining the staff. f) Nil, as Chris really gets upset when people mis-spell his surname. e) (The second e), this one followed f)). I'm afraid the answer to that is "no comment". g) (Which followed e) this time). Absolutely not, no control freaks here. (With apologies to my friend StayOrGo, & with my tongue firmly in cheek).  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank you for the replies. ;);)

I recently went to a Gentlemans Evening at a cricket club with Dean Saunders, which was a really good night. The lads there said the one before, which I didnt go, was even better with Paul Merson. So, it should be a good night for you if you are attending.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : a) No b) Possibly c) Probably d) There does not appear to be a d). e) Coincidentally, Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson will both be in the SB&G Leeds Office tomorrow entertaining the staff. f) Nil, as Chris really gets upset when people mis-spell his surname. e) (The second e), this one followed f)). I'm afraid the answer to that is "no comment". g) (Which followed e) this time). Absolutely not, no control freaks here. (With apologies to my friend StayOrGo, & with my tongue firmly in cheek).  
    Posted by Tikay10

wp :)
  • edited May 2017
    Should be a good day.

Out of interest when is the 'Mystery Surprise' going to be announced?  And where should we manage our expectations for this on a scale of 'SPTs coming back' through 'antes being introduced' past 'spin up tables discontinuing' and ending with a bonus for the winner of the Super Sunday getting the missing 56p from the Snowball many years ago.

Yes, I think I hit all of the forum flame bait there.
  • edited May 2017
    Good evening all.
    Mystery surprise is the £2.20 @2.15 deepstack, is reverting to 2.20.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET. 
  • edited May 2017
    Should be a good day. Out of interest when is the 'Mystery Surprise' going to be announced?  And where should we manage our expectations for this on a scale of ' SPTs coming back' through ' antes being introduced' past 'spin up tables discontinuing' and ending with a bonus for the winner of the Super Sunday getting the missing 56p from the Snowball many years ago. Yes, I think I hit all of the forum flame bait there.
    Posted by TommyD

Snowball......fiasco, if you dont mind Sir.
  • edited May 2017
    Should be a good day. Out of interest when is the 'Mystery Surprise' going to be announced?  And where should we manage our expectations for this on a scale of ' SPTs coming back' through ' antes being introduced' past 'spin up tables discontinuing' and ending with a bonus for the winner of the Super Sunday getting the missing 56p from the Snowball many years ago. Yes, I think I hit all of the forum flame bait there.
    Posted by TommyD
    My expectations are that Sky will announce we are all going to Vegas to play the main event!

Hopefully I haven't set myself up for a disappointment.
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by TommyD
    7pm, Tommy.

I'd be looking at the lower end of that scale, as I prefer to manage expectations. Could be a free season ticket at WHL next season - that's the level of expectation really.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : 7pm, Tommy.
    Posted by Tikay10

7pm when ?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... :   7pm when ?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    7pm Sunday, Uncle Pommy.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : 7pm Sunday, Uncle Pommy.
    Posted by Tikay10

Which Sunday?
  • edited May 2017

^^^^^

Super Sunday.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Is it a barm, bap, roll, cake or cob?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Its a barm, locking fwd to sunday gl all in vegas sats and main.  
  • edited May 2017

Reminder

Super Sunday begins in less than 7 hours, at Midnight tonight.

Action commences at Midnight with the first of 24 Freerolls. one per hour, on the hour, all named after Las Vegas Hotels. First up, Bellagio.

Registration will open at 23.30 this evening.

• edited May 2017
    Two boxes preludo intenso     check 
    sixty ciggys                                   check
    wife decorating kitchen            check
    dog getting locked out back door check
    phones turned off                       check 
    can't wait bring it on and gl all 
  • edited May 2017
    Reminder Super Sunday begins in less than 7 hours, at Midnight tonight. Action commences at Midnight with the first of 24 Freerolls. one per hour, on the hour, all named after Las Vegas Hotels. First up, Bellagio . Registration will open at 23.30 this evening.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I cannot seem to be able to register even though I have earned 70 pts.
    My points have not been updated
    When do they update the points?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : I cannot seem to be able to register even though I have earned 70 pts. My points have not been updated When do they update the points?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hi Wynne,

As far as I am aware, if the MTT's you entered are still in progress, you won't be awarded the points yet - they are now awarded until the MTT is complete. (I think).

You seem to be entered in 5 MTT's at present none of which are complete yet. (7pm, 7.30pm, 7.45pm, 8.15pm & 8.30pm).

If you earned the points prior to that, of course, you should be able to get in.

The £5,000 Super Sunday Freeroll currently has 474 entries, so the "mechanism" for entering would appear to be working.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Super Sunday will take place on......... : Hi Wynne, As far as I am aware, if the MTT's you entered are still in progress, you won't be awarded the points yet - they are now awarded until the MTT is complete. (I think). You seem to be entered in 5 MTT's at present none of which are complete yet. (7pm, 7.30pm, 7.45pm, 8.15pm & 8.30pm). If you earned the points prior to that, of course, you should be able to get in. The £5,000 Super Sunday Freeroll currently has 474 entries, so the "mechanism" for entering would appear to be working.
    Posted by Tikay10
    99 gained from 21 May 2017 to 27 May 2017