You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are Bounty Hunters an illusion?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Are Bounty Hunters an illusion?:
    excellent, i am pleased to see the result.
    Posted by aussie09
    Thank you it didnt go too bad.
  • edited June 2017
    The strategy of the 2 formats, bounty hunters and freezeouts are very different. 

You cant really compare the 2, its like asking why someone would prefer a dym over a "normal" sit and go. 

Different pay outs, and different skillsets required to be successful. 

Id imagine the bounty fields are considerably softer than non bounty fields due to players either not adjusting, or adjusting poorly. 

And soft fields attract more players, naturally. 

In Response to Are Bounty Hunters an illusion?:
    . The winner actually got around 6k including head prizes, so still a massive loss. 
    Posted by HAYSIE

I know what you're getting at, but i did enjoy this quote �� :)

• edited June 2017
    The strategy of the 2 formats, bounty hunters and freezeouts are very different.  You cant really compare the 2, its like asking why someone would prefer a dym over a "normal" sit and go.  Different pay outs, and different skillsets required to be successful.  Id imagine the bounty fields are considerably softer than non bounty fields due to players either not adjusting, or adjusting poorly.  And soft fields attract more players, naturally.  In Response to Are Bounty Hunters an illusion? : I know what you're getting at, but i did enjoy this quote �� :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can see how stupid the quote looks taken out of context. I was attempting to illustrate the huge difference in the prizepool between the two types, when it comes to a fairly big tournament.

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Are Bounty Hunters an illusion? : Pedant alert - the last placed player cannot get any money back; to do that you need to have eliminated someone so you can't possibly be the last finisher. Second last, yes theoretically.
    Posted by FCHD
    Very true.