You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The LOZZARRRR £50 challenge

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

I have thought of my own mini "durr" million dollar challenge.

I would like to take on any challenges in this game:
We play 5 hold em £10.50 heads up sng's and 5 omaha £10.50 sngs (preferably two games at once, one hold em, one omaha)

Then after the ten games have been played, the person who has won the least has to pay the other £50!!

just leave me a comment if you would like to take part and play me!

loza666

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I would do it if just holdem, coz i suck at omaha!!!

Let me know if you would do just holdem and we'll sort it.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: The LOZZARRRR £50 challenge:
    I would do it if just holdem, coz i suck at omaha!!! Let me know if you would do just holdem and we'll sort it.
    Posted by dantb10
    hmmmm, well thats kinda where i seem to get a slight advantage as i do quite well in omaha, but if no takers soonish, i guess so lol, ill let u know
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010

I too would take a hold em specific challenge!

I'll get in line and wait my turn! lol

Doesn't the challenger get to chose the game??? ;)

Haha good idea though, DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    I too would take a hold em specific challenge! I'll get in line and wait my turn! lol Doesn't the challenger get to chose the game??? ;) Haha good idea though, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lol, i was hoping less high-profile names would respond! ha
    but i would play if u agreed to omaha too, surely someone will out of the whole site!
    i'm a big fan of omaha u see, so i thought this would be a nice fun challenge for me (and hopefully for the person who agrees) :)
    but as i say, if no takers, i may do just holdem, ill have to think about, especially as its u and dantb offering lol
  • edited February 2010
    Hey Lozzarrrrrrrr I very new to heads up, this is why the challenge caught my eye. I love the rematch facility on sky, playing the same player over and over again is wicked.

I could learn alot against you, might cost me though ;)

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Make it a £500 challenge and I will give it a go.
  • edited February 2010
    i will take up your challenge but need to arrange a time and how would the other £50 b transferred
  • edited February 2010
    Hey Lozzarrrrrrrr I very new to heads up, this is why the challenge caught my eye. I love the rematch facility on sky, playing the same player over and over again is wicked. I could learn alot against you, might cost me though ;) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol, i doubt u could learn from me, your a TP arent you??
    but anyway, ill be willing to play you if you agree on half hold em half omaha aspect??
  • edited February 2010
    Make it a £500 challenge and I will give it a go.
    Posted by ajs4385
    sorry, just a tad out of my BR lol :(
  • edited February 2010
    i will take up your challenge but need to arrange a time and how would the other £50 b transferred
    Posted by pocketfold
    cool. well im normally on from around 4-5ish onwards, so we could play any time then, and with that i think it could be completed in at most 3days, if we play a few each day.
    and thats the downfall about the transfering, i thought maybe on a £50 HU and let the winner, win...but i dont know if thats allowed, but the new netteler option i guess would work, id have to make netteler account, and i think you can send money through them....although i already got a moneybookers if uve got one, can just use that?
  • edited February 2010
    woul;d you be able to start tonight about 11 jus for hour and a half and then tomorrow about 6 i can play for a bit i can open a moneybookers account because i dont think its allowed to lose money to someone but we can talk about it in game so it will b 1 hold em 1 omaha going at once?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to The LOZZARRRR £50 challenge:
    Hi all, I have thought of my own mini "durr" million dollar challenge. I would like to take on any challenges in this game: We play 5 hold em £10.50 heads up sng's and 5 omaha £10.50 sngs (preferably two games at once, one hold em, one omaha) Then after the ten games have been played, the person who has won the least has to pay the other £50!! just leave me a comment if you would like to take part and play me! loza666
    Posted by loza666
    can you post when its arranged for id like to watch it if thats ok with the 2 players thanks
  • edited February 2010
    woul;d you be able to start tonight about 11 jus for hour and a half and then tomorrow about 6 i can play for a bit i can open a moneybookers account because i dont think its allowed to lose money to someone but we can talk about it in game so it will b 1 hold em 1 omaha going at once?
    Posted by pocketfold
    yup, both at same time, whats earliest time u can start playing tonight?...id rather not play too late, i think id like to stop at 11:30 tonight as still recovering from the weekend!! lol, but i should think we cud fit in one omaha and one hold em before 11:30 if we start at 11, so is that okay with u?
    any chance of starting more 10ish?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to The LOZZARRRR £50 challenge : can you post when its arranged for id like to watch it if thats ok with the 2 players thanks
    Posted by lucy4
    ofcourse you can watch, its fine by me :), just look at the thread to see what time we arrange :)
  • edited February 2010
    sorry playin squash so wont b home till 1045 but yeah im up for getting 1 of each done tonight im looking forward to it mate ill come find you on a table as soon as i get in tonight ill try and finish my mate off quickly at squash lol and yeah lucy its fine cya soon mate
  • edited February 2010
    sorry playin squash so wont b home till 1045 but yeah im up for getting 1 of each done tonight im looking forward to it mate ill come find you on a table as soon as i get in tonight ill try and finish my mate off quickly at squash lol and yeah lucy its fine cya soon mate
    Posted by pocketfold
    lol ok cool, im looking forward to it too....just post on here, or if i am at a table, just come and tell me when ur ready, and we'll find the sngs.
    gl at ur squash ;)
    see ya later! :)
  • edited February 2010
    DAY 1:
    pocketfold vs me (loza666)

2 games played, 1 omaha, 1 hold em
    results:

pocketfold: 1    loza666: 1

pocketfold took the omaha in no time with his aces holding up!!
    and slightly later on i took the holdem, flopping top pair, all in vs his flush draw, and i luckily dodged his many outs!

so its all even after day 1, let's see what happens next.....
  • edited February 2010

P.S lucy did u get to watch ? or did u miss it?

no worries, we will be on at 6ish tomorow, and probably get through quite a few games

cya around

• edited February 2010
    yea mate ill b on bout 530 gotta go at bout 8 so well get a bit in

• edited February 2010
    DAY 2 AND 9 GAMES ON!!! 1MORE LEFT TO GO
    SCORES ARE AT, LOZA:5   POCKETFOLD:4
    it has been very close so far and ive managed to claw my way back from 4-2 down!!!
    the crucial last game so far was a hold em, in which ended on a cooler, my KK vs pockets AK allin preflop!, no ace on board and 5-4 the scores.

Now it's the all important game, that is actually a £60 match rather than £10.50 buyin at this point and so all is to play for!!!

The last game is omaha, which i have been dominated on throughout this challenge and so i guess the odds are against me, but anything can happen, its POKER!!!

GL pocketfold
  • edited February 2010
    what if it ends 5-5?
  • edited February 2010
    if it ended 5-5 then its a draw and no payments would hav to be made.

but...we just played our final game and i came through victorious...
    i have to say, the luck was on my side in the fnal game, with an all in pot shipping to me after we both flop high flushes, mine being 2nd nuts and his being 3rd!, that whittle his chips very low but i could feel a comebak on the cards and it was soon 2500/500 chips, but then i flopped top set and pockt picked up a strong draw and a pair, all in on the turn and i managed to dodge te bullets!!

therefore, final results: loza:6   pocketfold:4

It has been great fun and played in good spirit and im very thankful to pocketfold for taking me up on my challenge :)

very well played mr.pocket ;), tbh i don't think i deserved the win, but luck was clearly on my side in the last few games!

As it seems to have been a success and I would love to fight it out against another challenger, just post a comment if ur interested ;)

loza666
  • edited February 2010
    i think you should play best of 11... a draw would be so lame.
  • edited February 2010
    wp loza ill speak 2 u either later tonight or tomorrow about payment x
  • edited February 2010
    i think you should play best of 11... a draw would be so lame.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    well, we hadn't discussed i just guesses that would happen, but i suppose thats quite i good idea...
    how about u play me, and if it is 5-5, we will play that 1 decisive game ;) ????
  • edited February 2010
    wp loza ill speak 2 u either later tonight or tomorrow about payment x
    Posted by pocketfold
    wp u2, ok cool, well i can come online at 9, u be on then ?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: The LOZZARRRR £50 challenge : well, we hadn't discussed i just guesses that would happen, but i suppose thats quite i good idea... how about u play me, and if it is 5-5, we will play that 1 decisive game ;) ????
    Posted by loza666
    if i lost then i would have to pay you £50 and that's my food budget out the window so i wouldn't eat for a week lol. £10 per game is also too high :( plus... i have hardly played omaha let alone omaha HU.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: The LOZZARRRR £50 challenge : if i lost then i would have to pay you £50 and that's my food budget out the window so i wouldn't eat for a week lol. £10 per game is also too high :( plus... i have hardly played omaha let alone omaha HU.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    hehe lol ok then :) you should try a bit of omaha, its fun :)
  • edited February 2010
    ive played a teeny bit of micro cash omaha... yea it is pretty fun... game of ze nuts.