You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

£1000 - £2000 or bust.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust.:
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : He'll get plenty of game time I think, sometimes with Aguero, sometimes up top by himself. Guy is way too talented to leave on the bench. Granted about YPOTY but if he crushes the league, and he is more than good enough to do that, I don't see how they could overlook him for the top prize if he's the clear outstanding player of 17/18. Price has been trimmed already on PP to 20s but I've just had £20 at 40/1 on BV so still live there....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

yeah agreed 40/1 is too high. just checked my BV account and had £20 in there so il take a stab.... lets hope this fairs better than Yaya Toure for top scorer ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : yeah agreed 40/1 is too high. just checked my BV account and had £20 in there so il take a stab.... lets hope this fairs better than Yaya Toure for top scorer ;)
    Posted by jordz16

1/20 that that was gonna get a mention at some point ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : 1/20 that that was gonna get a mention at some point ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

i think that was also his strike rate that season
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    LOL 
    YPOTY IS A GREAT SHOUT 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : i think that was also his strike rate that season
    Posted by jordz16

Jesus now 18/1 on BV, got on just in time :)

Sane at 16s for YPOTY at PP is not to be sniffed at.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : Jesus now 18/1 on BV, got on just in time :) Sane at 16s for YPOTY at PP is not to be sniffed at.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

there are 19 other teams in the league mate!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : there are 19 other teams in the league mate!
    Posted by jordz16

Maybe when you support West Ham, not when you support City :)

Yaya Toure for Great British Bake Off, 2/1....lump.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    How is the Pep City project going?

After winning the first 10 games is 0 trophies, losing to Monaco in the CL last 16 seen as progress?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    How is the Pep City project going? After winning the first 10 games is 0 trophies, losing to Monaco in the CL last 16 seen as progress?
    Posted by Phantom66

Yes.

Pep is laying the foundations that will be in place for years and years to come. Perhaps the honeymoon period early doors last season spoilt us, but some of the football we played was heavenly and on our day there is no finer team in the league.

Would be far too simplistic and short sighted to look at last season in isolation, when the bigger picture is much more important.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Spurs are the team to watch, play football the correct way, and spending what they can afford, wembley will ruin them tho.
    i bet levy has his fingers crossed city come in with a bid for walker like has been reported.

i wouldnt back any poty until ronaldo decides his future. if he comes back he wouldnt have to do much to get it
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Spurs are the team to watch, play football the correct way, and spending what they can afford, wembley will ruin them tho. i bet levy has his fingers crossed city come in with a bid for walker like has been reported. i wouldnt back any poty until ronaldo decides his future. if he comes back he wouldnt have to do much to get it
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

I wouldn't let the future of a player currently plying his trade in Spain impact decisions on value shouts for POTY. Would've been crazy to overlook Jesus at an incredible 40/1 just because Ronny might grace us with his presence again next season.

Fast forward a couple of hours and you can't get better than 20/1 now.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Spurs are the team to watch, play football the correct way, and spending what they can afford, wembley will ruin them tho. i bet levy has his fingers crossed city come in with a bid for walker like has been reported. i wouldnt back any poty until ronaldo decides his future. if he comes back he wouldnt have to do much to get it
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

ive enjoyed watching Spurs for the last 2 years which is hard to admit as a West Ham fan, I even backed them to win the league last year but agree Wembley will punish them, id be totally shocked if they make the top 4 this season. and if they dont they will no doubt lose Alli and maybe a few others. 

In terms of Ronaldo Im 99% sure hes going no where, hes just trying to get a bigger and better deal, he has done this every single time Messi has been given a new contract. Ronaldo and Messi are both angling to get paid more than the other so neither will sign a new contract til the other one does, but neither wants to leave and allow the other one to break more records. I'd be surprised if they both arent still there in 5 years. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    1pt Borja to score a hatrick tonight at 50/1 with BF. looks overpriced given he is 12/1 and 16/1 in most other places.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Bruno Alves 13/2 to be carded. the bloke is a bit of a nutter so gonna go 3 points,

Current Bankroll £1193
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    4 points Ginter to be carded 13/1 BF or PP. Germany should dominate the game and win comfortably, but Cameroon have a load of pace going forward for may win quite a few fouls so its looks good value to me

also did a "just for fun" requestabet on skybet.  Werner and Draxler to score, Moukanjo to be carded 25/1 1pt

Current Bankroll £1143
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My golf bets this week for both tournaments, all 1pt ew.

Charles Howell 100/1
    Bill Haas 25/1
    Glover 125/1

Noren 20/1
    Wiesberger 20/1
    Hatton 33/1

Current Bankroll £1023
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : yeah agreed 40/1 is too high. just checked my BV account and had £20 in there so il take a stab.... lets hope this fairs better than Yaya Toure for top scorer ;)
    Posted by jordz16

Now a best price of 12/1.

Bring home the bacon, Jesus :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Graham Alexander 8/1 to be next Preston manager, had 5 points on that, i have zero inside knowledge but it seems Preston have only ever had British managers, tend to go for managers doing well at a lesser level and prefer managers with links to the club, he ticks every box.

Current Bankroll £973
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Quite like LLorente to be carded at 3/1 on uni. short as 5/6 elsewhere, and i expect this to be a tight game and a real midfield battle and given his two other CM's Saul and Cellabos are virtually attacking mids then he should have to deal with the brunt of the defensive work, so ive gone 4 points on that.

one other small "just for fun" bet, Asensio to score, Gerhardt and Toljan to be carded 125/1 sky requestabet, just 1pt on that. 

Current Bankroll £923
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    added a couple more after seeing Haberer is starting up front for Germany and is 6/1 to score anytime with PP which just seems big for any striker in any game. going 3pts on that, 1pt on him scoring 2 or more at 66/1 and 1pt on a hattrick at 300/1

Current Bankroll £873

edit** some reports have him playing central midfield some as lone striker, so maybe best to avoid but my bets have already been placed. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Graham Alexander 8/1 to be next Preston manager, had 5 points on that, i have zero inside knowledge but it seems Preston have only ever had British managers, tend to go for managers doing well at a lesser level and prefer managers with links to the club, he ticks every box. Current Bankroll £973
    Posted by jordz16

Not a bad shout and definitely good value at 8/1. He will surely be on the shortlist.Bit worrying that lennon is already odds on though.

I have had a nibble at ainsworth at 25s and unsworth 20s

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : Not a bad shout and definitely good value at 8/1. He will surely be on the shortlist.Bit worrying that lennon is already odds on though. I have had a nibble at ainsworth at 25s and unsworth 20s
    Posted by Phantom66
    would be a strange decision to appoint Lennon given how he did at Bolton. 

Alexander, Rosler, Ainsworth, possibly Pearson make more sense, and may be happy working with a small budget. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    main bet lands to get the Bankroll back on track

Current Bankroll £1033
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I like the e/w price of SUEGIOO at 25/1 in the 3.30 so have 1pt. e/w there

Current bankroll £1013

• Options
    edited July 2017
    2 small bets on today game, Aranguiz to be carded at 3/1 2pts with Uni. and a requestabet of Stindl and Werner to score, Jara and Ginter to be carded 150/1 1pt

(hoping Charles Howell or maybe even Bill Haas can put in a strong last round in the golf too)

Current Bankroll £983
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    absolutely gutting to have a 100/1 shot lose in a play-off. Especially when it would have taken me straight over the £2000 mark

but i guess its more fun to keep this going and its still another £260 to add to the kitty

Current Bankroll £1243

• Options
    edited July 2017
    1pt e/w Cibulkova 80/1 Womens Wimbledon
    1pt e/w Raonic 201 Mens Wimbledon

Current Bankroll £1203
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    3 point bet on Ward beating Edmund at 6/1

Edmund has gone out in the first round for the last 4 years, so even though he should be a far greater player there could easily be a bit of a mental block. so 6/1 in a 2 horse race was too tempting even though I've never seen Ward play!

£1173
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My golf best for this week. All 1pt e/w

Irish Open

Mcilroy 7/1
    Hatton 35/1
    Jaquelin 300/1

Greenbrier Classic

Mickelson 22/1
    Lingmerth 25/1
    Blixt 150/1