You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

£1000 - £2000 or bust.

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Yes GL us mate, decent start so far, 300/1 shot -3 through the first round...

had 3pts on Harrison to beat Berdych today at 6/1 with Marathon, If there is going to be a big shock today then i think it could be here, 

Current Bankroll £1023
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    2 Horses i like in the extra places races.

2.25 Glory awaits 25/1 1pt ew
    3.15 Fabricate 20/1 1pt ew

The golf has gone atrocious so far this week (sorry gonedoggin!)

Current Bankroll £983
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Any bets for the season yet jordz?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust.:
    Any bets for the season yet jordz?
    Posted by MP33

i will probably do a thread on it nearer the start of the season, the only bet ive had so far is Bury to win League 1. managed to get 66/1, think its about 25/1 now but even that is a decent price, i think they will be about 16/1 come the start of the season, they have made some great signings, Lee Clark has a great managerial record at this level and their transfer/wage budget is one of the biggest in the league, its the fact they have under acheived so much recently which is why they arent one of the favourites. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My golf bets this week.

Stanley 25/1
    Glover 90/1
    Flores 300/1

Fox 80/1
    Southgate 125/1
    Hend 150/1

all 1 pt e/w

Current Bankroll £863
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Probably my most obscure bet so far.

AFC Workington to be Carlisle in tonights friendly match at 4/1,

Carlisle played last night with a full strength team, which means tonight side is likely to be made up of youth players and possibly trialists. AFC Workington have played 2 friendlies and won 1-0 and 10-2 against Annan Athletic and Whitehaven, and they did well last season. i think the price is huge and I see the game as 50-50.

ive gone 5 points on a Workington win with Skybet
    also 2 points on Workington ht/ft at 8/1 with BF

Current Bankroll £793
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Star sixes starts tonight and i was looking for an angle in it so i decided to add up the combined amount of years its been since each teams outfield players played a competitive season (sad i know). the results were

brazil 44
    england 31
    china 101
    denmark 42
    france 43
    germany 41
    italy 63
    mexico 56
    nigeria 80
    portugal 34
    scotland 42
    spain  43

if all players were of level ability then obviously England would have the best chance, and im happy to concede that we are behind the likes of Brazil, France and Spain in ability but i think we should have a fitness edge and i quite like us at the price of 6/1 so ive had 1pt on that... in the T/s market ive gone for Gerrard at 10/1, hes still a peak fitness and has been playing a lot over the summer and i see him as englands main goal threat with Owen lacking fitness and probably getting injured and Heskey being Heskey. also had 1 pt on england to win and Gerrard top scorer at 25/1

Current Bankroll £763
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Probably my most obscure bet so far. AFC Workington to be Carlisle in tonights friendly match at 4/1, Carlisle played last night with a full strength team, which means tonight side is likely to be made up of youth players and possibly trialists. AFC Workington have played 2 friendlies and won 1-0 and 10-2 against Annan Athletic and Whitehaven, and they did well last season. i think the price is huge and I see the game as 50-50. ive gone 5 points on a Workington win with Skybet also 2 points on Workington ht/ft at 8/1 with BF Current Bankroll £793
    Posted by jordz16
    Seems likely that friendlies are always hard to judge 0-0 wasn't bad at half time :-) but much too strong second half 

• Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : Seems likely that friendlies are always hard to judge 0-0 wasn't bad at half time :-) but much too strong second half 
    Posted by 1981MATT

yeah the Carlisle line up was a lot stronger than was expected, its very strange in this day and age for a team to play two away games in 2 days with a very similar line up.  I rarely bet on friendlies myself i just thought it was a rather big price given the circumstances. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Not the greatest week with the golf, but Fox did place at 80/1 which boosts the bankroll.

Current Bankroll £973
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    there is a horse i very much like tomorrow at Beverley, Relight my fire in the 4.15. its 25/1 (with lads) so its definitely an each-way bet but i would be surprised if it goes off tomorrow at 16/1 or bigger

2.5 pts e/w

Current Bankroll £923
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : i will probably do a thread on it nearer the start of the season, the only bet ive had so far is Bury to win League 1. managed to get 66/1, think its about 25/1 now but even that is a decent price, i think they will be about 16/1 come the start of the season, they have made some great signings, Lee Clark has a great managerial record at this level and their transfer/wage budget is one of the biggest in the league, its the fact they have under acheived so much recently which is why they arent one of the favourites. 
    Posted by jordz16

N1 - managed to get 33,s on it although i could only but £7 odd on it . I,ll see if they drift a bit on the exchange (currently 28,s) and slap some more on. I spent a few months in Bury a cpl of years ago and would like to see them do well anyway
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Poulter 66/1
    Kuchar  50/1
    Beef Johnston  125/1
    Ricky Fowler  14/1
    Adam Scott 33/1
    Noren 45/1
    Wiesberger 125/1

to miss cut....
    Mcilroy, DJ and Day 80/1

top american Kuchar 22/1 
    Lahiri top asian 14/1 
    Pavon best newcomer 22/1 

threeballs Kjeldson, Harrington, Beef Johnston, Southgate 25/1

all of these are 1pt e/w apart from the 2 accas which are just 1pt. 

big chunk of my BR going on this weekend so it could be  a make or break tournament for me. 

Current Bankroll £703
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Happy with today, 6 out of 7 in the top 25, tomorrow looks a rough day with quite a few on the wrong side of the draw.

gonna have one more crack at the 3balls, Beef, Thomas, Spieth, Kisner 26/1 just 1pt

Current Bankroll £693
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Gutted Kuchar couldnt hold out for the win, it would have made this challenge far easier, anyway Kuch and Noren both placed at 50/1 and 45/1 respectively, and kuchar placed for top American too meaning £275 returns, so still a profitable weekend.

One horse i like today, Circuitous in the Ayr 2.30 at 7/1 has definitely been overpriced in its last couple of races and id expect to see him fight out the finish. just the 1pt e/w

Current Bankroll £948
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    bit late notice but due to the great e/w terms on offer i have gone for Mercers row at 10/1 in the 4.30 at Catterick

2points e/w

Current Bankroll £908
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    sigh. Drifts to 12/1, finishes 5th, top 4 get paid. think i will stick to footy/golf
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    my golf bets this week

European Open
    tiley 500/1
    Hebert 66/1
    kopeka 80/1 5

Canadian Open
    Campbell 50/1
    Finau 28/1
    Rodgers 66/1

1pt e/w

Current Bankroll £788
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    my golf bets this week European Open tiley 500/1 Hebert 66/1 kopeka 80/1 5 Canadian Open Campbell 50/1 Finau 28/1 Rodgers 66/1 1pt e/w Current Bankroll £788
    Posted by jordz16

Im on!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    4 out of 6 with a fair chance of at least placing which is decent going into the weekend. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Just 1 placed golfer last week with £66 returns so a bit disappointing. 

this weeks picks

Barracuda Championship
    List 33/1 
    Garrigus 28/1 
    Hoge 125/1

WGC Invitational
    Johnson 10/1
    Woodland 66/1
    Horschel 150/1

all 1pt e/w again

Current Bankroll £734
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Suegioo tomorrow in the 1.50 at Goodwood, Currenty 18/1 and Sky are paying e/w 6 places. Great e/w value so 2pts e/w

Current Bankroll £694