You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not even your stake back.

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
I just finished 13th from a field of 130 in a £2·20 BH.
My prize..... £2.15
The bubble was at 16.
I would think at least you get what you paid to enter if you get in the money.
-5p is not my idea of getting past the bubble.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    If you didn't get any heads then you essentially doubled your buy in;

£2.20, 20p for rake, £1 into the head prizepool, £1 into the finishing prizepool.

If you don't like this payout structure then I suggest staying away from bounty hunters as they are all of that nature.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back.:
    If you didn't get any heads then you essentially doubled your buy in; £2.20, 20p for rake, £1 into the head prizepool, £1 into the finishing prizepool. If you don't like this payout structure then I suggest staying away from bounty hunters as they are all of that nature.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Unlucky. You was so close to providing some constructive feedback anf..... boom the troll bit just couldnt resist.

Better luck next time 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : Unlucky. You was so close to providing some constructive feedback anf..... boom the troll bit just couldnt resist. Better luck next time 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    It would be lovely to see a constructive post from you
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Not even your stake back.:
    I just finished 13th from a field of 130 in a £2·20 BH. My prize..... £2.15 The bubble was at 16. I would think at least you get what you paid to enter if you get in the money. -5p is not my idea of getting past the bubble.
    Posted by Goody_Ace

Nature of the beast is surely that you look to win heads in these games, if you don't you won't win much usually?

Surprised you could get that far and not knock any other players out in the game?

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : Unlucky. You was so close to providing some constructive feedback anf..... boom the troll bit just couldnt resist. Better luck next time 
    Posted by Nuggy962

You seem to have an issue with hhy, there is an ignore button which you can use rather than having to respond to most of his posts with disapproval. I do it for certain posters. 
  • edited June 2017
    I can't read the last post
  • edited June 2017

I couldn't read that one.

Kidding, innit. See you in Manchester - looking forward to it. 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Not even your stake back.:
    I just finished 13th from a field of 130 in a £2·20 BH. My prize..... £2.15 The bubble was at 16. I would think at least you get what you paid to enter if you get in the money. -5p is not my idea of getting past the bubble.
    Posted by Goody_Ace

Should of played a £2.20 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Not even your stake back. :   Should of played a £2.20 deepstack. All the best. Rainman215.
    Posted by rainman215
    as soon as i noticed OP i thought rainman be all over this lol

very unlucky not to get money back when cashing but thats what bountys do ruin prizepools. 
  • edited June 2017
    bounty hunters are cr ap
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : You seem to have an issue with hhy, there is an ignore button which you can use rather than having to respond to most of his posts with disapproval. I do it for certain posters. 
    Posted by MattBates

But I'd miss stalker tools pathetic replies, and the irony of him calling people trolls when he is by far the biggest one on the forum.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : You seem to have an issue with hhy, there is an ignore button which you can use rather than having to respond to most of his posts with disapproval. I do it for certain posters. 
    Posted by MattBates
    There are a few bullies on this forum, unfortunately, ignoring people will only allow them to continue to do so withoit challenge.

I am well aware I have a decorated past on the forum, but if certain people are able to criticise anyone who starts a post, new posters will stop, people.with genuine questions will not ask and the all ready fragile forum will hault. I log in every day to sky, see less and less posts started from newbies and more and more of the above tyoe of comments.

Your reply to me sums uo the direction of the forum. Anyone who dares stand up to the bullies gets knocked down and outed. The real problem is not people voicing against this type of spam poster, but the poster themselves. 

Yoi have replied to my posts a few times now when I have challenged one of the forum bullies, if they are your friends that is fine. I have no issue with you, in general, you are factual and put your opinion accross in a constructive way.

I will not ignore the forum bullies, I will not stoo posting in response to them. People are starting to get fed up now. People talk in games about how out of order certain people are and it is the same names.  

Thank you for the advise, but i feel you need to give some advise to others as I will not be taking this on board.

Gl on tables 

Ps - before the grammer police come in... i can not spell, is a reason for that and 2, fingers too big for phone.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : There are a few bullies on this forum, unfortunately, ignoring people will only allow them to continue to do so withoit challenge. I am well aware I have a decorated past on the forum, but if certain people are able to criticise anyone who starts a post, new posters will stop, people.with genuine questions will not ask and the all ready fragile forum will hault. I log in every day to sky, see less and less posts started from newbies and more and more of the above tyoe of comments. Your reply to me sums uo the direction of the forum. Anyone who dares stand up to the bullies gets knocked down and outed. The real problem is not people voicing against this type of spam poster, but the poster themselves.  Yoi have replied to my posts a few times now when I have challenged one of the forum bullies, if they are your friends that is fine. I have no issue with you, in general, you are factual and put your opinion accross in a constructive way. I will not ignore the forum bullies, I will not stoo posting in response to them. People are starting to get fed up now. People talk in games about how out of order certain people are and it is the same names.   Thank you for the advise, but i feel you need to give some advise to others as I will not be taking this on board. Gl on tables  Ps - before the grammer police come in... i can not spell, is a reason for that and 2, fingers too big for phone.
    Posted by Nuggy962

+1 Post of the year

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : There are a few bullies on this forum, unfortunately, ignoring people will only allow them to continue to do so withoit challenge. I am well aware I have a decorated past on the forum, but if certain people are able to criticise anyone who starts a post, new posters will stop, people.with genuine questions will not ask and the all ready fragile forum will hault. I log in every day to sky, see less and less posts started from newbies and more and more of the above tyoe of comments. Your reply to me sums uo the direction of the forum. Anyone who dares stand up to the bullies gets knocked down and outed. The real problem is not people voicing against this type of spam poster, but the poster themselves.  Yoi have replied to my posts a few times now when I have challenged one of the forum bullies, if they are your friends that is fine. I have no issue with you, in general, you are factual and put your opinion accross in a constructive way. I will not ignore the forum bullies, I will not stoo posting in response to them. People are starting to get fed up now. People talk in games about how out of order certain people are and it is the same names.   Thank you for the advise, but i feel you need to give some advise to others as I will not be taking this on board. Gl on tables  Ps - before the grammer police come in... i can not spell, is a reason for that and 2, fingers too big for phone.
    Posted by Nuggy962

Forum bully?

Feel free to elaborate on that, as it is quite a statement so I assume you have some decent stuff to back it up with....

• edited June 2017
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Give examples of bullying please?

I don't see it.
    From time to time threads are put up and the guy gets short shrift. This ONLY happens when it's the 'sky rigged' kind of stuff, or when someone goes after someone needlessly.

The vast majority of people on the forum are more than willing to help anyone asking a genuine question in the right manner. Someone started a thread last week where they had been given a £5 mtt token but didn't know where to find mtts. I replied and let them know and wished them good luck.
    That's how i see most things on here. Unlike you, l generally think the forum is a good place. Sure, it has ups and downs but for the most part, it's good.

You make a lot of comments regarding myself and hhy.
    I have a thread which has a decent amount of interaction. I have also made many friends through Sky.
    I post on other threads and feel i make a reasonable contribution.

Hhy has helped numerous people on here with travel and been a good friend to a number of people. He also offers good advice in the poker clinics.
    He contributes.

Now let's talk about you. Rather than these regular posts about new posters being driven away, why don't you have a go at contributing something useful to the forum? I'm yet to see anything positive from you.
    Each and every post is either a moan about the so called bullies or an attempt to stir things.
    And Gerard
    "+1 post of the year"

Incred

• edited June 2017
    Posted by Nuggy962

i can fully understand why people dislike Hhy, he can be very dry, very blunt, straight to the point, and often says things that should probably be thought rather than said... but he does contribute a lot to the forum, good and bad, but i enjoy reading most of his posts, 

But you just seem to come across as a complete belllend with no real positives and a hell of a lot of negatives, if thats just the kind of person you are thats fine, but to try and act like you are doing it for the good of the people etc is just ridiculous.. if there was any bullying etc Sky would be hot on it, I just cant see the point in trolling someone in the hope of outing them as a troll, if you think hes a troll then just report him, dont post about it and try and add fuel to the supposed fire you are trying to put out,

i rarely post on the poker side of the forum anymore and its purely for these type of childish posts and threads which numb my brain... if you wanna be forum Corbyn then start a thread that will engage people, add some unique content and just please stop being a melt. 

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : i can fully understand why people dislike Hhy, he can be very dry, very blunt, straight to the point, and often says things that should probably be thought rather than said... but he does contribute a lot to the forum, good and bad, but i enjoy reading most of his posts,  But you just seem to come across as a complete belllend with no real positives and a hell of a lot of negatives, if thats just the kind of person you are thats fine, but to try and act like you are doing it for the good of the people etc is just ridiculous.. if there was any bullying etc Sky would be hot on it, I just cant see the point in trolling someone in the hope of outing them as a troll, if you think hes a troll then just report him, dont post about it and try and add fuel to the supposed fire you are trying to put out, i rarely post on the poker side of the forum anymore and its purely for these type of childish posts and threads which numb my brain... if you wanna be forum Corbyn then start a thread that will engage people, add some unique content and just please stop being a melt. 
    Posted by jordz16
    +1 post of the year

:)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : Give examples of bullying please? I don't see it. From time to time threads are put up and the guy gets short shrift. This ONLY happens when it's the 'sky rigged' kind of stuff, or when someone goes after someone needlessly. The vast majority of people on the forum are more than willing to help anyone asking a genuine question in the right manner. Someone started a thread last week where they had been given a £5 mtt token but didn't know where to find mtts. I replied and let them know and wished them good luck. That's how i see most things on here. Unlike you, l generally think the forum is a good place. Sure, it has ups and downs but for the most part, it's good. You make a lot of comments regarding myself and hhy. I have a thread which has a decent amount of interaction. I have also made many friends through Sky. I post on other threads and feel i make a reasonable contribution. Hhy has helped numerous people on here with travel and been a good friend to a number of people. He also offers good advice in the poker clinics. He contributes. Now let's talk about you. Rather than these regular posts about new posters being driven away, why don't you have a go at contributing something useful to the forum? I'm yet to see anything positive from you. Each and every post is either a moan about the so called bullies or an attempt to stir things. ... And Gerard "+1 post of the year" Incred
    Posted by Jac35

Hmmm sounds familiar, trying to remember who used to constantly cry that the site was dodgy.....

He's like the forum version of Theresa May and her 'strong and stable' soundbites.
    ''Perhaps if I say 'forum bullies' enough times in a single post, people will start to believe it''.

Anyway Theresa, I look forward to all these examples you must have in your locker.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : i can fully understand why people dislike Hhy, he can be very dry, very blunt, straight to the point, and often says things that should probably be thought rather than said... but he does contribute a lot to the forum, good and bad, but i enjoy reading most of his posts,  But you just seem to come across as a complete belllend with no real positives and a hell of a lot of negatives, if thats just the kind of person you are thats fine, but to try and act like you are doing it for the good of the people etc is just ridiculous.. if there was any bullying etc Sky would be hot on it, I just cant see the point in trolling someone in the hope of outing them as a troll, if you think hes a troll then just report him, dont post about it and try and add fuel to the supposed fire you are trying to put out, i rarely post on the poker side of the forum anymore and its purely for these type of childish posts and threads which numb my brain... if you wanna be forum Corbyn then start a thread that will engage people, add some unique content and just please stop being a melt. 
    Posted by jordz16

Right in the feels!

Ah man, this forum bullying is going way too far now ;)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : Right in the feels! Ah man, this forum bullying is going way too far now ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Stop whining fatty
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by jordz16
    The bit in bold is dead on, hhy certainly doesn't come across as a bully. He just says things as he see's them. One thing with people like hhy is they certainly won't be stabing you in the back, they'll just tell you what they think!

The only derogitary posts from hhy are the ones in response to the 'rigged / it's fixed' posts, and lets face it they probably deserve all they get.
  • edited July 2017
    im listning to dj sakin and friends so you can all kiss my sack nn
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by stokefc

:-)
  • edited July 2017
    OP has somewhat valid point, probably is a deterrent for some to have the possibility of cashing for less than the total BI. Probs doesn't feel like much of a reward to take a net loss when you cash.

Personally I couldn't care less if I mincash for less than the BI, and I know it's a possibility if I reg a BH. But I get why it would bother people as well. So yeah I don't think it'd be a huge loss to take a few pence off each person who makes the FT and give an extra 5-10p to each min cash in these spots to take away the problem. It's a negligible change for most that probs improves the experience for those that do care about the problem.
  • edited July 2017
    OP has somewhat valid point, probably is a deterrent for some to have the possibility of cashing for less than the total BI. Probs doesn't feel like much of a reward to take a net loss when you cash. Personally I couldn't care less if I mincash for less than the BI, and I know it's a possibility if I reg a BH. But I get why it would bother people as well. So yeah I don't think it'd be a huge loss to take a few pence off each person who makes the FT and give an extra 5-10p to each min cash in these spots to take away the problem. It's a negligible change for most that probs improves the experience for those that do care about the problem.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Quit with the constructive feedback posts Andy
    We don't do that round here
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by stokefc
    Love you Stoke :)
  • edited July 2017
    C'mon HAYSIE you're letting the side down......
  • edited July 2017
    C'mon HAYSIE you're letting the side down......
    Posted by goldnballz
    He's waiting until someone praises the mods for deleting posts before commenting.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : Love you Stoke :)
    Posted by Jac35
    you know what mate.
    after being rebuked by Tikay in the week(i felt terrible) cuz of my out burst , i felt like packing in on the forum , you,ve changed my mind , ty sir
    think ill carry on :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Not even your stake back. : you know what mate. after being rebuked by Tikay in the week(i felt terrible) cuz of my out burst , i felt like packing in on the forum , you,ve changed my mind , ty sir think ill carry on :)
    Posted by stokefc
    Don't ever leave mate 
    If everyone was like you on here than we'd have zero issues

Hope to see you at SPT?