You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Graham's Pratice Placepot Perms

Comments

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Graham's Pratice Placepot Perms (P&L VIRTUAL AND REAL ON OP) HELP REQUIRED:
    Hi all. I will be attempting the Placepot at Haydock tomorrow and was wondering if any of you would like to assist me with horse selection. As you know I am more of a statistics person, so was hoping some of you more horsey types could provide your A, B and C choices for each of the legs. FYI. According to drawbias.com there is a bias favouring High drawn runners over 5F, 6F and 1MILE and low draw runners over 7F If you have time please post your A, B and C selections for each race. If you don't have time to do each race, it would be great if you could look at the open handicaps, namely the 3.00PM and 4.00PM. I am hoping that maybe your "selections" and my "statistics" could be a winning formula. Don't worry if it's too time consuming, but if you have the time, it may be a fun thing to do. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Will do Graham but what I am finding with these placepots is they are too random. To get a really big dividend or one that really pays I would say you have got to have at least one fav if not two out of the places  and of course get one of your  "outsiders" in the places. But of course the time you do leave a fav out and you get an "outsider" in the fav gets in as well. then when you include a fav three outsiders come in.

What I am really trying to say is you need to work out which of the favs are false which is more like our removals process. I will try and look what I think are the weak favs for tomorrow and also A, b,C's.

Of course there is always the prob then that the "weak" fav then goes out in the betting late on and the new fav gets placed which is why your having fav in some races is good on one hand and not so helpful, ie fav gets placed and reduces payot , on the other.
  • edited July 2017
    G are you ok for me to post my reasons for selections ?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Graham's Pratice Placepot Perms (P&L VIRTUAL AND REAL ON OP) HELP REQUIRED:
    In Response to Re: Graham's Pratice Placepot Perms (P&L VIRTUAL AND REAL ON OP) HELP REQUIRED : Will do Graham but what I am finding with these placepots is they are too random. To get a really big dividend or one that really pays I would say you have got to have at least one fav if not two out of the places  and of course get one of your  "outsiders" in the places. But of course the time you do leave a fav out and you get an "outsider" in the fav gets in as well. then when you include a fav three outsiders come in. What I am really trying to say is you need to work out which of the favs are false which is more like our removals process. I will try and look what I think are the weak favs for tomorrow and also A, b,C's. Of course there is always the prob then that the "weak" fav is
    Posted by vaigret
    Cheers V.

Yes I agree, correctly identifying a weak favourite that finishes out of the frame can be very useful indeed equity wise, so would be interested in your thoughts on what you consider the weak favourites are.

The Placepot can be a very frustrating bet, as when you do big perms, even if you cash, you often get less back than you staked, but IF things do fall favourably it can pay handsomely. We've all seen that with Wynne.

Obviously if these favourites ARE out the frame, it's a double positive because we don't have them in our perm, when most others do, but if they DO place equally it is a double negative, so one could argue that it is one of the most important aspects of the bet. The success with which we can correctly eliminate favourites will have a significant impact upon results, but I am sure you know that.

The other thing that really makes a Placepot dividend BIG is if all the runners to the fore of the market are unplaced. Now this happens once in a blue moon, although slightly more often in 7 runner fields, so having the occasional outsider gives you the opportunity at least for it to happen. When Wynne won the huge one, he had an outsider in a 7 runner races as one of his selections, and the hot favourite ended up being third.

Generally speaking the bigger priced horses are under represented in the pool, but that "value" is only realised if they place and the fancied runners are out the frame.

One result like that can make up for a lot of near misses, but one has to be patient and invariably endure some tough and frustrating results before that happens. (or hopefully happens anyway :=))

Win or lose, I quite enjoy following the equity through, and assessing the pools to look for statistical value. I've spotted a few things like you could have two horses that are the same odds, one finished 6th in it's last race the other one won. In MOST cases the horse with a 1 in it's most recent form line is much more over subscribed despite, according to the odds, having the same chance.

Little things like this can give you an edge too. You have to give yourself a chance whilst also going slightly away from the "norm".

Thanks again for your help.

G
  • edited July 2017
    G are you ok for me to post my reasons for selections ?
    Posted by vaigret
    Yes mate fire away, this is different to NAPS and REMOVALS where I didn't particularly want comments, because I wanted people to make their choices independently and not be swayed by others.

However, in this context, your comments could be very helpful.

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
    Just a quick point, I will combine your selections with statistical and market mover info etc, so whilst your choices will form a large part of the process it is doubtful that they will remain exactly in the order you state, but I will take your selections seriously, you can count on that.

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
    well done the first 3 races and here goes

a= 1 LE CELEBS VILLE - 9-4 is C/ D winner and looks like stablemate Conquress put in to try and destroy chances of Miss Sheridan {front runner) and Make on Madam 7f horse.
    b= TRILLIANT - 7-1
    C- HIDDEN CHARMS- 6-1  BOTH COULD BENEFIT FROM THE STRONG PACE AS BEEN DROPPED BACK IN DISTANCE.

A = 2- GREEN FORTUNE - 2-1 ONE OF ONLY TWO DISTANCE WINNERS IN FIELD AND THE OTHER IS TEMPERAMENTAL AND PENALY BURDENED HEAVILY. DRAWN HIGH
    B= 10 -THE RIGHT CHOICE 7-1- NO REASON WHY HE SHOULDNT BEAT RED FORCE ONE AGAIN
    C= 6- MOTABASSIM   33-1- ONE OF SHEIK HAMDOUN 'S 3 IN HERE AND TRAINER HAD SIMILAR WINNER DAY OR SO AGO, ALSO DRAWN HIGH HAVING SAID THET TAKE YOUR PICK OUT OF ANY OF 3 OF SHEIKS HORSES IN THIS AND HOPE YOU GET RIGHT ONE.

nOW WHICH OF THESE HORSES HAS BEEN SPECIALLY LAID OUT FOR NURSERY BY KEEPING THEIR LIGHT UNDER A BUSHEL. ONE RACE I WOULD LEAVE OUT THE FAVOURITE. OR CHOSE FAVOURITE WHICH COULD BE ANYONES GUESS..

A= 1- JUNE DOG  13-2 FAV -ONE OF ONLY TWO DISTANCE WINNERS AND I DONT LIKE THE OTHER TOO MANY RUNS TO BE AHEAD OF HANDICAPPER. tHIS ONE HIGHLY TRIED AT rOYAL ASCOT LAST TIME OVER 5F!!!!! WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A WINNER AT 6F COULD HAVE BEEN FOUND A 6f RACE AT THE ROYAL MEETING DRAWN HIGH
    B= 6 JIM ROCKFORD 6-1
    C- 5 NEW EMPIRE  7-1-BOTH LOOK LIKE THIS WHAT THEY WAITING FOR. AND BOTH DRAWN HIGH
  • edited July 2017
    Just a quick point, I will combine your selections with statistical and market mover info etc, so whilst your choices will form a large part of the process it is doubtful that they will remain exactly in the order you state, but I will take your selections seriously, you can count on that. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    NO PROBS ITS YOUR PLACEPOT AFTERALL. I WILL PROBABLY USE MY IDEAS IN MINE ANYWAY AFTER DOING THIS TRAWL.

gOOD FUN THOUGH
  • edited July 2017
    Hi V, great info. TY.

Can I be a real pain, would it be possible just to add the current odds of your selections, just so I can see at a glance the "dynamic", also if you recommend to leave a favourite or two out, can you provide their odds?

It will just enable me, at a glance, to get an idea of the situation and also, tomorrow, I can see if there has been support overnight or if it has drifted.

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
    Hi V, great info. TY. Can I be a real pain, would it be possible just to add the current odds of your selections, just so I can see at a glance the "dynamic", also if you recommend to leave a favourite or two out, can you provide their odds? It will just enable me, at a glance, to get an idea of the situation and also, tomorrow, I can see if there has been support overnight or if it has drifted. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    LOL YOU DONT ASK MUCH DO YOU MATE !!!

HERE GOES WITH LAST 3 RACES

A - 4 FALCONS VISION 15-8
    B-  3 FABELLA BELLE 12-1
    C-  6 POINT HOPE 5-2

NO SURPRISES THERE

A- 9- MANNERS PLEASE 11-2 -GREAT CHANCE IF FIT FOR DEBUT THIS SEASON
    B-  5 -CAPTAIN REVALATION 13-2 - GOOD TRAINER JOCKEY COMB HERE AND JUST HAVE A FEELING, BEEN DROPPING IN WEIGHTS
    C- 10 MAGIC MOMENTS 4-1 -BOTTOM OF WEIGHTS AND WINNER TWO RACES AGO

AGAINST FAV JAY KAY 7-2

AGAINST FAV AGAIN  -JACK FLASH 2-1
    A= 1 MERRY BANTER - 11-4 -HIGHLY TRIED LAST TIME AFTER GOOD SECOND
    B- 6 FOXCATCHER 7-1 -STOPPED TWICE IN RUN LAST TIME
    C- 3 ROCK ON AMERICA 8-1-

HOPE THESE HELP
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Graham's Pratice Placepot Perms (P&L VIRTUAL AND REAL ON OP) HELP REQUIRED : LOL YOU DONT ASK MUCH DO YOU MATE !!! HERE GOES WITH LAST 3 RACES 3.30 A - 4 FALCONS VISION 15-8 B-  3 FABELLA BELLE 12-1 C-  6 POINT HOPE 5-2 NO SURPRISES THERE 4.00 A- 9-  MANNERS PLEASE 11-2 -GREAT CHANCE IF FIT FOR DEBUT THIS SEASON B-  5 - CAPTAIN REVALATION 13-2 - GOOD TRAINER JOCKEY COMB HERE AND JUST HAVE A FEELING, BEEN DROPPING IN WEIGHTS C - 10 MAGIC MOMENTS 4-1 -BOTTOM OF WEIGHTS AND WINNER TWO RACES AGO AGAINST FAV JAY KAY 7-2 4.30 AGAINST FAV AGAIN  - JACK FLASH 2-1 A= 1 MERRY BANTER - 11-4 -HIGHLY TRIED LAST TIME AFTER GOOD SECOND B- 6 FOXCATCHER 7-1 -STOPPED TWICE IN RUN LAST TIME C- 3 ROCK ON AMERICA 8-1 - HOPE THESE HELP
    Posted by vaigret
    Great stuff mate, TY!

Yes, was a bit cheeky of me to ask for the prices too, but does help a lot.

Lets see how we go tomorrow.

Thanks again,

G
  • edited July 2017
    Here is my contribution:
    2.00 A 1 LA CELEB VILLE 9/4
           B 6 HIDDEN CHARM 6/1
           C 2 MAKE ON MADAM7/1

2.30 A GREEN FUTURE 2/1
           B 7 RED FORCE ONE 6/1
           C 10 THE RIGHT CHOICE 7/1

3.00 A 6 JIM ROCKFORD 6/1
           B 8 BODY BUILDER 6/1
           C 2 ALASKA 8/1

3.30 A 4 FALCON VISION 15/8
           B 6 POINT HOPE5/2
           C 1 AKVAVERA 13/2

4.00 A 4 JAY KAY 7/2
           B 5 CAPTAIN REVELATION 13/2
           C 2 PASSING STAR 15/2

4.30 A 2 JACK FLASH 2/1
           B 4 HAROME 3/1
           C 3 ROCKOF AMERICA 8/1
  • edited July 2017
    Here is my contribution: 2.00 A 1 LA CELEB VILLE 9/4        B 6 HIDDEN CHARM 6/1        C 2 MAKE ON MADAM7/1 2.30 A GREEN FUTURE 2/1        B 7 RED FORCE ONE 6/1        C 10 THE RIGHT CHOICE 7/1 3.00 A 6 JIM ROCKFORD 6/1        B 8 BODY BUILDER 6/1        C 2 ALASKA 8/1 3.30 A 4 FALCON VISION 15/8        B 6 POINT HOPE5/2        C 1 AKVAVERA 13/2 4.00 A 4 JAY KAY 7/2        B 5 CAPTAIN REVELATION 13/2        C 2 PASSING STAR 15/2 4.30 A 2 JACK FLASH 2/1        B 4 HAROME 3/1        C 3 ROCKOF AMERICA 8/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    Cheers, thanks Wynne.

Much appreciated, and best of luck yourself!
  • edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    HERE WE GO:

PERM SEL 06/07/17 HAYDOCK

A B C D

1ST A ABX ACD ABCX
    2ND ABC ABD A A
    3RD ACD ABE ABF BCD
    4TH AC A ABD AB
    5TH ABD ACD ABC ABE
    6TH ABD AB AC BC

Lines 162 162 162 144

Lines 630

COST £63.00

7th July 2017 HAY

£0.10 PER LINE

LEG Sel A Sel B Sel C Sel D Sel E Sel F
    1ST 1 – LA C 4 – TRI 2 – MAK 3 – MIS

2ND 2 – GRE 11 – VJ D 7 – RED 12 – WAF

3RD 6 – JIM 1 – JUN 7 – OUR 5 – NEW 8 – BOD 3 – SHO
    4TH 4 – FAL 7 – ROY 1 AKV 3 – FAB

5TH 5 – CAP 2 – PAS 4 – JAY 10 – MAG 3 – DEA
    6TH 1 MER 4 – HAR 2 JAC 3 – ROC

G
  • edited July 2017
    May amend at last minute, looking at market moves still in the 2PM.

Virtual 15p lines, actual 10p lines.

Thanks Wynne and Vaigret for your input.

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
    Bit of an equity loss and bust PERM A in LEG1, with La Celebs Ville not making the frame, but a good win from Trilliant:

AFTER LEG3:
    EQUITY PERM A PERM B PERM C PERM D TOTAL UNITS LEFT

COST £16.20 £16.20 £16.20 £14.40 £63.00 £70,285.24

Start EV £11.83 £11.83 £11.83 £10.51 £45.99 £51,308.23

Leg 1 £0.00 £14.52 £7.26 £9.68 £31.46 £38,158.80
    Leg 2 £0.00 £9.87 £14.80 £19.74 £44.41 £18,717.13
    Leg 3 £0.00 £6.02 £9.02 £12.03 £27.07 £10,233.40

G
  • edited July 2017
    gl mate don't know how the non runners affected it, haven't seen race

edit ; just seen it didnt
  • edited July 2017
    Fortunately Green Fortune managed to run on for 3rd in LEG2, so still going in PERMS B,C and D.

School run soon, so next update will be the last until it's over.

G
  • edited July 2017

Not a great equity result in LEG3.

Unfortunately June Dog just got ran out of it in 4th.

Still in though.

• edited July 2017
    Just 20p worth in PERM C.

So £20.10 returned.

OP updated.
  • edited July 2017
    Beverley looks the Placepot card for me tomorrow.

Reasonably competitive field and a severe draw bias favouring low drawn runners over 5F and 7.5F.

It's an evening meeting, so we'll see how it goes. Feel free to post A,B and C selections if you wish, although I know it's a lot of work, so no obligation.

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
    Been offline again today but I am around tomorrow.

I'll post a virtual selection on my thread as usual but also happy to offer opinions and debate here as to capable outsiders and opposable favourites from the meeting.
  • edited July 2017
    Been offline again today but I am around tomorrow. I'll post a virtual selection on my thread as usual but also happy to offer opinions and debate here as to capable outsiders and opposable favourites from the meeting.
    Posted by Phantom66
    N1 P66.

I don't normally have time to study much form, but I have a bit of free time tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to have a good look myself too.

So I will add my thoughts to those that you and others post.

When I do have the time, I like to ignore all the racing press comments and just look at the video form myself. This way, I am not following the press's choices, and just make my own conclusions which means possibly going against the grain a little bit, which isn't a bad idea with Placepot bets.

If you are interested in my conclusions, I will list them here, but it won't be until late afternoon though.

We'll see how it goes anyway. Win or lose, It'll hopefully be fun trying. :=)

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
    Nice Placepot dividend at Newbury today:

This is what we're after:

RESULTS
    Pool Size
    £56,066
    Winning Units
    Dividend
    £21,156.80
  • edited July 2017
    My personal Placepot at Doncaster is looking like this atm:

PERM SEL 06/07/17 DON

A B C D

1ST A A AB AX
    2ND AB AC ACX ABX
    3RD ACX A AX AB
    4TH ABX ACX A A
    5TH AB ABCD ABC AC
    6TH AB ABC AB ACD

Lines 72 72 72 72

Lines 288

COST £57.60

LEG Sel A Sel B Sel C Sel D
    1ST 7 – MUT 8 – NOB

2ND 5 – LUC 6 – OBE 8 – SOU
    3RD 9 – MUS 3 – CHI 11 – PER
    4TH 11 – SUN 13 – TOO 12 – TAK
    5TH 6 – HAR 4 – CAN 2 – PLE 9 – MEL
    6TH 5 – ALL 8 – SUR 7 – LON 4 – LUV
    G
  • edited July 2017
    I can't really oppose the favourites at Doncaster in most races, so swerving, but prepping fpr a Virtual Placepot and a real money quadpot at Beverley.
  • edited July 2017
    Done as above Real 20p lines, virtual 30p lines.
  • edited July 2017
    sorry couldn't helo today
  • edited July 2017
    At least you are still live here.

Will you be going for Beverley?
  • edited July 2017
    At least you are still live here. Will you be going for Beverley?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yes, do you want me to post my provisional perms/selections now?

They may change though.