You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

God i Am Fuming!!!!

ok dont ask me why i went to customer service because i dont know myself, but i am gutted, been playing poker after i downloaded google chrome other day on good advice and i must admit it is the best thing to happen to my computer (thanks jimifloyd)

but guess what the problems i have are now down to google chrome lol

typical sky, its never their fault

Exit
13:36:30 Lizelle has joined this session!
13:36:30 Connected with Lizelle
13:36:30 Hi paul webster, my name's Lizelle. How can I help you today?
13:39:29 hello i have been having problems on sky poker for last few weeks so got told to download google chrome, did this yesterday and havent had any problems, poker been running so much better and my internet is now very fast, but just playing in a turbocharger, £5.50 double your money and a £11 double your money when all of a sudden i get total freeze on turbocharger and double your moneys but still playing other game now, didnt get back to the table on the other 2 tables and have lost my buy in fees, can you do anything about this
13:41:20 May I ask who told you to download Google Chrome?
13:41:31 fellow poker players
13:42:05 Our website doesn't support Google Chrome
13:42:15 Customer Care agents will never recommend it
13:42:22 For this very reason
13:42:26 It works sometimes and not others
13:42:40 i got told to do this on the poker forum and its been working fantastically untill just now
13:43:10 We know google chrome doesn't work all the time
13:43:20 Thats why we don't recommend it
13:43:34 Its not 100% compatible
13:43:43 what should i use to get the best on sky poker?
13:44:25 Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 7
13:45:20 so i have been ill advised then, is there anything you can do regarding my disconnection
13:46:50 i was well placed in both games and would have probably doubled my money
13:47:15 Unfortunately not
13:47:30 We do not take responsibility for individual disconnections
13:47:45 It is Sky Poker policy that we only offer refunds if the site iteslf crashes
13:47:55 itself*
13:48:31 well thats not very nice, i was advised to to do this on the sky poker forum
13:50:00 You were not advised by one of the Customer Care agents or the Sky Poker Moderators
13:51:30 Apart from that, you have been previously advised that we will no longer be refunding you for your disconnections
13:51:38 There is a note on your account
13:51:40 didnt expect anything else really, get shafted again by sky and its my fault, so typical that you never take responsibility for your website
13:52:11 You have been previously advised that we will no longer be refunding you for your disconnections
13:52:26 You have already received many in the past
13:52:31 And you have been a Sky Poker player for a very long time
13:52:36 You should know our policy
13:52:55 probably because this site has more crashes than a moterway
13:53:58 if thats the best thing you can say then this discussion can continue, basically no matter how many times i get disconnected in the future it doesnot matter, because there is a not on my account lol
13:54:06 cant*
13:54:11 We are not going to be refunding you for any more disconnections unless the site crashes
13:54:56 No, because the Sky Poker policy is that we do not refund for individual disconnections. Only if the site crashes

Comments

• edited February 2010
    isnt this just kick me in the crotch spit on my neck fantastic!!

once the roll is gone i am gone
  • edited February 2010
    Another Webby thread, another moan...

Bye bye.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: God i Am Fuming!!!!:
    isnt this just kick me in the crotch spit on my neck fantastic!! once the roll is gone i am gone
    Posted by webby234
    not sure what that means but it sounds ruddy well funny!!
  • edited February 2010
    Another Webby thread, another moan... Bye bye.
    Posted by Norbit
    norbit have a day off son, do you use google chrome by any chance?
  • edited February 2010
    Hey Webby,

i'm really sorry to hear you're upset.

i'm afraid customer care are pretty much correct on this one. unfortunately, we don't officially support Chrome so we don't recommend people use it (just in case they experienced unexpected errors such as these).

although correct, i appreciate a slightly warmer tone could have been used, so again please accept our apologies Webby.
  • edited February 2010
    Nah i use Firefox and have done for about 4 years or so.

Maybe my first post was without thinking as i wouldnt be best pleased about losing money without actually playing the game.

But it just seems every thread is a moan, maybe you need a day off imo.
  • edited February 2010
    isnt this just kick me in the crotch spit on my neck fantastic!! once the roll is gone i am gone
    Posted by webby234
    If your that unhappy why not withdraw all your money and simply leave?
  • edited February 2010
    rich what system do you use?
  • edited February 2010
    The problem is not with Sky.

Try googling '' broadband speed test '' and take the test. If you score less than 6 you will have problems. The problem may be with your ISP or your geographical distance from your local exchange. If your rating is favourable with others in your area and below 5 then it's the exchange. If you rate below others in your area then it's either your equipment or your ISP.

I have no issues whatsoever with multi-tabling on Sky and playing other sites at the same time. Test it and see ......

http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/speedtest/#2436111

my result shows  ... download 9.1mb  upload 0.8mb
  • edited February 2010
    elsa download speed is 6592 upload is 447, is that not good?
  • edited February 2010
    elsa download speed is 6592 upload is 447, is that not good?
    Posted by webby234

see above webby I updated after you posted ........ no it's not good.

if u use that new url i posted it gives your neighbours too so u can see where the problem lies.
  • edited February 2010
    elsa thats why my result shows then says provider uknown lol
  • edited February 2010
    rich what system do you use?
    Posted by webby234

i use firefox. works really nicely for me. have you tried firefox before?
  • edited February 2010
    yes but i had problems using other stuff with firefox, seems no matter what you use its just not suitable for everything
  • edited February 2010

Results

Download speed : 8.99Mbps
    Upload speed : 0.79Mbps

Not happy with your supplier and thinking of switching? Click here to get a FREE personal consultation from our broadband experts.

How do your results compare to your expectations? Let us know by reviewing your supplier.

Postcode Results

Your local exchange is Wrexham North and the maximum theoretical speed achievable on your line via ADSL Max is 5.86Mb which is 34 percent slower than this test shows you are getting.Congratulations your internet connection is faster than that which you can achieve using ADSL Max!

Webby,  It's not possible to copy and paste from the other site. The above are my results from this test:
        http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband-speed-test/  The second box is the important thing here. The first box is my results and their advert etc. They won't be selling me a system as mine already achieves 2 and even 3 times their best.

I can't put on here how that is achieved (I'd have to kill you if I did) but you can PM me for more info, as can anyone else for that matter.

ps. I was wireless, sitting on the bed with the dog when I tested this. I had IE running with 4 pages running .... sharkscope, sky, another poker forum (which Tikay might know) and the speed test. Quantity doesn't slow it down noticably. 

• edited February 2010
    There's so many hundreds of things that could cause this problem on Webby's PC (and/or Internet connection) that it's extremely difficult / bordering on impossible, for anyone to provide an accurate diagnosis remotely. There's just too many possible contributory factors in this world of Windows.

For the record I've never had any problems (since joining Sky Poker in Jan 2009) using mostly Safari and IE7/8 on a quite low-spec'd XP Pro based machine (P4 2.8Ghz, 2Gb RAM) via DSL running at around 7Mb. However my PC's environment is EXTREMELY 'clean' and I know what I'm doing. Most peoples PC environments are a nightmare of apps/general junk/trojans/viruses, under the control of people who have next to no real understanding of what they're doing. I actually feel sorry for any telephone support technicians who have to try to answer these calls! lol They're often left with no alternative than to simply make general suggestions such as 'try another browser' & 'make sure your flash software is up to date'.

• edited February 2010
    There's so many hundreds of things that could cause this problem on Webby's PC (and/or Internet connection) that it's extremely difficult / bordering on impossible, for anyone to provide an accurate diagnosis remotely. There's just too many possible contributory factors in this world of Windows. For the record I've never had any problems (since joining Sky Poker in Jan 2009) using mostly Safari and IE7/8 on a quite low-spec'd XP Pro based machine (P4 2.8Ghz, 2Gb RAM) via DSL running at around 7Mb. However my PC's environment is EXTREMELY 'clean' and I know what I'm doing. Most peoples PC environments are a nightmare of apps/general junk/trojans/viruses, under the control of people who have next to no real understanding of what they're doing. I actually feel sorry for any telephone support technicians who have to try to answer these calls! lol They're often left with no alternative than to simply make general suggestions such as 'try another browser'.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    What you say is true but we've had many many threads where all the usual remedies of clearing the browser and even registry mechanics (one I recommended btw) have been tried and still make no noticeable improvement.

The plain truth is that people are sold ISP products which just don't live up to anything near the advertised speeds.
  • edited February 2010
    nosey i am no expert wehn it comes to computers but i have everything in order, no trojans or anything like that, it gets scanned everyday at 12 o clock and if there is something in the virus vault it gets removed straight away, it may have been google chrome so have now switched to firefox
  • edited February 2010
    Most people's broadband speeds are 50% of the advertised speed and they don't even know it. Mine is 34% faster than the theoretical maximum ....... now that's magic!

(All bragging rights reserved)

Sticking plasters don't cure major trauma ........... seeemples!
  • edited February 2010

Results

Download speed : 9.45Mbps
    Upload speed : 0.46Mbps

Not happy with your supplier and thinking of switching? Click here to get a FREE personal consultation from our broadband experts.

How do your results compare to your expectations? Let us know by reviewing your supplier.

Postcode Results

Your local exchange is Mill Hill and the maximum theoretical speed achievable on your line via ADSL Max is 5.37Mb which is 43 percent slower than this test shows you are getting. Congratulations your internet connection is faster than that which you can achieve using ADSL Max! 
  • edited February 2010
    Results Download speed : 9.45Mbps Upload speed : 0.46Mbps Not happy with your supplier and thinking of switching? Click here to get a FREE personal consultation from our broadband experts. How do your results compare to your expectations? Let us know by reviewing your supplier. Postcode Results Your local exchange is Mill Hill and the maximum theoretical speed achievable on your line via ADSL Max is 5.37Mb which is 43 percent slower than this test shows you are getting. Congratulations your internet connection is faster than that which you can achieve using ADSL Max!  
    Posted by S-Kamalot

I take it this should be ok then..?.......  Im using firefox now, recently found it better from IE7/8...But Im having occaisional problems... Get away with 2 tables, in mini, but a 3rd and they freeze, time out, away me, and if 3rd table opens over other 2 it freezes the lot..??Also im ok with other sites [FT, PStars, Lads, pkrrr] 4,5,6 tables no probs, why with sky???????
  • edited February 2010
    Results Download speed : 8.99Mbps Upload speed : 0.79Mbps Not happy with your supplier and thinking of switching? Click here to get a FREE personal consultation from our broadband experts. How do your results compare to your expectations? Let us know by reviewing your supplier.   Postcode Results Your local exchange is Wrexham North and the maximum theoretical speed achievable on your line via ADSL Max is 5.86Mb which is 34 percent slower than this test shows you are getting. Congratulations your internet connection is faster than that which you can achieve using ADSL Max! Webby,  It's not possible to copy and paste from the other site. The above are my results from this test:     http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband-speed-test/   The second box is the important thing here. The first box is my results and their advert etc. They won't be selling me a system as mine already achieves 2 and even 3 times their best. I can't put on here how that is achieved (I'd have to kill you if I did) but you can PM me for more info, as can anyone else for that matter. ps. I was wireless, sitting on the bed with the dog when I tested this. I had IE running with 4 pages running .... sharkscope, sky, another poker forum (which Tikay might know) and the speed test. Quantity doesn't slow it down noticably. 
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi Elsa,

My test came back a dismal 0.05mb upload and 0.02mb download...seems my braodband is running slower than a snail, infact with speeds like these I wonder how I'm online at all!!! I am running a sky wireless broadband package and this has shocked the L out of me I can tell you!!!

Please can you pm me with details also, any help would really be appreciated

ta hun

x

• edited February 2010
    Atleast you got a response webby, I just sat with one open for 45mins for a simple answer to a simple question.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: God i Am Fuming!!!! : Hi Elsa, My test came back a dismal 0.05mb upload and 0.02mb download...seems my braodband is running slower than a snail, infact with speeds like these I wonder how I'm online at all!!! I am running a sky wireless broadband package and this has shocked the L out of me I can tell you!!! Please can you pm me with details also, any help would really be appreciated ta hun x
    Posted by TRIP5
    That might be a new world record!
    I'd suggest trying it again for a couple of samples (at least one after re-booting your router) and then contacting your supplier.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: God i Am Fuming!!!! : That might be a new world record! I'd suggest trying it again for a couple of samples (at least one after re-booting your router) and then contacting your supplier.
    Posted by MereNovice
    You are right, I've rebooted and even tried different speed test sites but they all come back with the same result. I best call Sky in the morning!

x