You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Main Event, Day 1B

Comments

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B:
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Bates
    Posted by Jac35
    Harsh.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Bates
    Posted by Jac35
    Post of the year
  • edited July 2017

Jiggawhat - Amazon Orange, Table 177
  • edited July 2017

After a bit of confusion (not his fault) Boggo eventually got seated.

Gotta love those shorts. Class act, Boggo.

• edited July 2017

Change of plan - Mr Channing is now playing TOMORROW (Day 1c) not today.

Born awkward, him.

• edited July 2017

Bogga had a bit of a panic - his seat draw was Amazon 24. When he got there, the table was empty, not even a dealer.

It all got sorted in the end though, & he was re-allocated to an active table.

• edited July 2017

Boggo has settled down a treat.

Lost the first hand he played, but has played several since & won them all.

As luck would have it, he is just 3 tables along from GSmith, which is well handy.

• edited July 2017

Tedson is in Miranda, which is right down the Corridor near the rotunda thing.

Miranda used to be the Poker Kitchen, but is now 75% card room & 25% kitchen.

I'll go get a photo of him shortly.

• edited July 2017
    Tedson is in Miranda, which is right down the Corridor near the rotunda thing. Miranda used to be the Poker Kitchen, but is now 75% card room & 25% kitchen. I'll go get a photo of him shortly.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Hope no bad beats are dished out to him.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Hope no bad beats are dished out to him.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You'd pay extra to be near the Poker Kitchen, I fancy.
  • edited July 2017

Vanessa Selbst just had Aces v 7's.

The board ran out (something like);

A-5-7-7-4

So Vanessa's Aces full were no good v quads.
  • edited July 2017
    Not wearing his trademark shorts but could it be greg raymer?
  • edited July 2017
    Not wearing his trademark shorts but could it be greg raymer?
    Posted by Amarie
    WINNER
  • edited July 2017
    Vanessa Selbst just had Aces v 7's. The board ran out (something like); A-5-7-7-4 So Vanessa's Aces full were no good v quads.
    Posted by Tikay10

Yeah, they've just shown that on BT Sport. At the hands of Gaëlle Baumann (who got as close as any female player has to getting to the Main Event FT back in 2012, finishing 10th)

If the suits had been different, Vanessa says she would have been able to lay down the top FH, but as it played she couldn't do it. I've been critical of Vanessa's attitude in the past, but she took the beat like a pro and gave a interview to Kara Scott immediately afterwards where she said all the right things.

Who else is in action today? Former winners Greg Merson, Jamie Gold, Chris Moneymaker, Jonathan Duhamel an Greg Raymer, and Brits Charlie Carrel, Niall Farrell, Simon Deadman, Harry Lodge, Stephen Chadwick & James Dempsey
  • edited July 2017

Just spotted in the Rio Corridor - Michael van Gerwen.
  • edited July 2017

Level 1 complete, 20 minute break.

GSmith13 - 35,000

Boggo - 53,000

Tedson - 55,000

Jiggawhat - awaited
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by Tikay10

There is Darts game coming up in Vegas. It maybe next week.
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by Tikay10
    A lot of the dart players love playing poker Tikay, i believe they are in Vegas for world series of darts on ITV4, not sure where they are playing but in the old days of the Desert Classic it used to be Mandalay Bay
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Yeah, they've just shown that on BT Sport. At the hands of Gaëlle Baumann (who got as close as any female player has to getting to the Main Event FT back in 2012, finishing 10th) If the suits had been different, Vanessa says she would have been able to lay down the top FH, but as it played she couldn't do it. I've been critical of Vanessa's attitude in the past, but she took the beat like a pro and gave a interview to Kara Scott immediately afterwards where she said all the right things. Who else is in action today? Former winners Greg Merson, Jamie Gold, Chris Moneymaker, Jonathan Duhamel an Greg Raymer, and Brits Charlie Carrel, Niall Farrell, Simon Deadman, Harry Lodge, Stephen Chadwick & James Dempsey
    Posted by FCHD
    Did you read about the kerfuffle between Phil Hellmuth and Adam Owen yesterday?

It was the Phil of old. Ugly stuff.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : A lot of the dart players love playing poker Tikay, i believe they are in Vegas for world series of darts on ITV4, not sure where they are playing but in the old days of the Desert Classic it used to be Mandalay Bay
    Posted by bert21
    Yes, Barry Hearn usually promotes it.

I kind of know him vaguely, & Eddie quite well, & he offered me a ticket to it one year when I saw him in the Immigration queue at McCarron.

"Yes please, very kind of you Barry" I replied. 

"No worries Tony, that'll be $250" says Barry.  
  • edited July 2017

Yesterday's Hellmuth rant is below, tough you my struggle to read it. (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

WARNING - bad language alert.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Did you read about the kerfuffle between Phil Hellmuth and Adam Owen yesterday? It was the Phil of old. Ugly stuff.
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes, the only surprise is that it wasn't on a TV Table.  I used to think Hellmuth's rants were solely for the broadcast audience, but it's become clear in recent years that he is just a foul-mouthed, rude, uncivilised spoilt bloke who never grew up. No sitting on the fence from me there!

What did Hellmuth expect Owen to have there? Hellmuth didn't exactly have the nuts showing. Perhaps it didn't matter, he would have gone off on one whatever Owen's cards were.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Yes, Barry Hearn usually promotes it. I kind of know him vaguely, & Eddie quite well, & he offered me a ticket to it one year when I saw him in the Immigration queue at McCarron. "Yes please, very kind of you Barry"  replied.  "No worries Tony, that'll be $250" says Barry.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    A lot of the darts players were upset when the Desert classic stopped, the excuse they give was that Sky said it was to expensive to put on for viewing figures achieved. Tried qualifying myself in 2007 and 2008 at the Mandalay Bay. Sorry for drifting of the subject of poker
  • edited July 2017
    Jiggawhat has 47,000
  • edited July 2017
    Jiggawhat has 47,000
    Posted by nickd49931
    Excellent news.

I've been waylaid in the Media Centre by Mr Channing, so not been able to go get chip counts yet.
  • edited July 2017
    this is great , great updates thank you
  • edited July 2017
    Great updates keep them coming 
  • edited July 2017
    WSOP have tweeted over 2000 entries on Day 1B already (up from 1733 last year) so those who have guessed high in the "total number of runners" comp look good at the moment.

Joe Hachem is the latest former winner to turn up, and a few other Brits recently appearing in chip counts are David Vamplew, Paul Newey and Stu Rutter.
  • edited July 2017

Boggo is going along nicely - 65,000.
  • edited July 2017
    Former Sky Poker TV summariser Joe Stapleton has just been on BT Sport doing an Interview with a player in one of the rooms.