You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Main Event, Day 1B

124»

Comments

• edited July 2017

GSmith

As you can see, he has taken a bit of a hit in what was a really peculiar affair - details coming up next.
  • edited July 2017

The GSmith hand that went wrong.

Fella who has made some eccentric plays shoved 10,000, which was 25 Bigs. (He had A-9).

Smith called with Ah-Qh.

All good so far then.

But then the geezer behind flats too. (He had, somewhat optimistically, Kh-Jh).

Flop came K high, we check here & K-J man bets out, & we have to fold, obv.

The Turn was an Ace, and the River was another Ace......

Ouchio.

Still, with Blinds now 250-500/75, that's about 75 Bigs, which is just fine.

• edited July 2017

Late arrivals at Table GSmith include;

Scott Seiver

Nick Schulman.
  • edited July 2017

I'll go take a wander & see if I can see what's what with Tedson & Jigga.

Whilst I'm away, talk amongst yourselves please.

• edited July 2017

Jigga

Unchanged at 26,000 or so.
  • edited July 2017

Table Tedson has broken.

Which is fine, except I now have no idea where his new table is.

Just the 150 or so tables to choose from then.

Just fight a little longer my friend
    It's all worth it in the end
    But when you got nobody to turn to
    Just hold on, and I'll find you
    I'll find you
    I'll find you
    Just hold on, and I'll find you

• edited July 2017

Yay, found Tedson.

Down to 21,000, the cards have been cruel for him today, but a table change often brings  change of fortune.

Keep on playing bro, keep on playing.

• edited July 2017

Today's entries were a surprisingly high 2,164 (1773 last year I think), bringing the 2 flight total to just shy of 3,000.

It might yet make 7,000 when the dust from tomorrow's carnage settles.

• edited July 2017
    Good morning fella. You will be relieved to know that news of your mid session break has been received well by Dr Kelly. I know how big that area is that you have to cover, especially when a table breaks. Please be sensible. 
  • edited July 2017

Play will end at around 11.40 pm tonight (0740 UK), but all Media are barred from the room for the last 10 or 15 minutes of play.

So, when we are 30 minutes from close of play, I'll go get latest chip counts of the Fab Four & post them here.

That'll enable me to beat the throng up the Rio Corridor & be able to get a sandwich. When play ends and 1,500 players all exit & head up that corridor at the same time, it's a nightmare. A nightmare, I tell ya.   

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B:
    Good morning fella. You will be relieved to know that news of your mid session break has been received well by Dr Kelly. I know how big that area is that you have to cover, especially when a table breaks. Please be sensible. 
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Ha, thank you Mike.

All joking aside, Sky Poker, & Sam in particular, have been very understanding & caring, & insist I take plenty of rest.

Gill gets awfully worried if I work too lo ng, too, so I sometimes have to tell her little porkies. I cross my fingers first though, so that's OK.  

• edited July 2017

So, 24 minutes play remains, & here's the Chip Counts for our valiant crew;

Jigga - 11,400

Tedson - 44,000

GSmith - 45,000

Bogga - 96,000

• edited July 2017

Think that's a really good effort by all 4 of them, & I hope you'll all agree & show them some appreciation.
  • edited July 2017
    After 3 trains 2 planes a couple of buses and a long drive trying to find the hotel car park I have finally made it. With passport in tow! 

Have not read the updates yet but hope you are all doing well!

Will drop by and see you tomorrow afternoon if that is okay Tikay?
  • edited July 2017

So that's it for today, it's goodnight from me, & goodnight from them.

Night all.

• edited July 2017
    Hopefully not jinxing things, but well done to all 4 players! As ever, 1 hand changes everything....
  • edited July 2017
    Think that's a really good effort by all 4 of them, & I hope you'll all agree & show them some appreciation.
    Posted by Tikay10

Absolutely. Assuming all four have made it through the dregs of the day, to have all 4 players survive 10 hours of poker is no mean feat. Well done all and look forward to seeing who you will draw on Day 2B (the players from each of the starting flights are kept separated on Day 2 for some reason)
  • edited July 2017
    WELL DONE ALL
    enjoy every minute of it and run well today!

great updates tikay, am thinking you enjoying it more than the players if thats possable.
    thanks for thread updates
  • edited July 2017
    Well done all, thanks for the updates.

Glad you made is safely Marky.

Ger
  • edited July 2017
    Well done the fab four keep it up and we'll done marky for not losing your passport already up on last year ;-) gl sir
  • edited July 2017
    Well done the fab four keep it up and we'll done marky for not losing your passport already up on last year ;-) gl sir
    Posted by weecheez1
    Lol
  • edited July 2017
    Great effort from all, including our non playing, but much appreciated, roving reporter.
    Keep up the good work
  • edited July 2017

Looks like you counted them all out, and counted them all back in again. Well done all four and good luck to any players playing Day1C. Best of luck also trying to report on those playing amongst the thousands and thousands that will be there ;)
  • edited July 2017
    Good luck team Sky!
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : WINNER
    Posted by Tikay10
    I won? yeay

Do I get a prize? Of course I do, you always give away prizes, so tell me what is it...is it flight tickets to Vegas, ok I'm ready and packed can be at the airport in 30 minutes...oh wait...I bet its entry to SPT, yeah that will be it, thank you, thank you, thank you, I love prizes.

BTW loving all the posts, watched the Vanessa Selbts hand, ouch!!

Keep up the good work

Mother
    xxx
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : I won? yeay Do I get a prize? Of course I do, you always give away prizes, so tell me what is it...is it flight tickets to Vegas, ok I'm ready and packed can be at the airport in 30 minutes...oh wait...I bet its entry to SPT, yeah that will be it, thank you, thank you, thank you, I love prizes. BTW loving all the posts, watched the Vanessa Selbts hand, ouch!! Keep up the good work Mother xxx
    Posted by Amarie

Morning MOTHER.

Your prize is a kiss & a cuddle from me. 
  • edited July 2017

Our Fab Four all survived yesterday, what a great effort. Here's how they ended the day;

Tedson - 37,700

Jiggawhat - 8,700

GSmith13 - 51,600

Boggo - 95,200

A tremendous effort by all 4. 

On we go. 
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B : Morning MOTHER. Your prize is a kiss & a cuddle from me. 
    Posted by Tikay10
     Prizes are transferrable right?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event, Day 1B :  Prizes are transferrable right?
    Posted by Amarie
    Absolutely not.
  • edited July 2017
    well done keep it up