You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I hate trains

2»

Comments

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: I hate trains:
    Phone CC Jac35, please.
    Posted by mumsie
    I'm sure it will stop now
  • edited July 2017
    Waiting for H to post that he has researched it and the cheapest way to get from Bristol to Newcastle is to catch a flight via Somalia.
    Posted by Enut
    Hahaha. When I read the article about the chap mentioned in OP, was half expecting it to be him.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to I hate trains : See HERE
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's great, much obliged.

• edited July 2017
    All these bus stories, reminds me of my home leaving trip from Manchester to Eastbourne '86. I hope this doesn't derail this thread, as the OP is trains. A mate of mine, who did the same journey in the spring , invited me down to a job in a hotel with accomodation. A coach was on hand that serviced  the hotels I could poach a lift as a named passenger. I got a taxi to a Cannock , somewhere near Stoke, from there , a holiday coach would take me to my new home. The coach was packed  full of jolly northern holiday people who had started their holiday before the coach started moving. I sat myself in the low down seat adjacent to the driver.  I remember a toothless old lady coming down and sharing a hand full of nuts with the driver.  I was quite shy , I said no thanks. Over the next few hours, she would pop down offering more, the driver cheerfully accepted. I kept up my no nuts policy , though , I started to want some , but couldn't think of how to back down. One final time, she offered again, I said , they do look tasty, why don't you eat them yourselves ? She said, she had no teeth and prefers to suck the chocolate off. Not been on a coach since.
    Posted by mumsie
    :)

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: I hate trains : You were playing well from what I saw stokey maybe just a tad aggressive with the all ins at final table. I would post some hands in the tournament strategy section if I was you and you will be winning them in no time.  Great result from a satty 
    Posted by Itsover4u
    thank you sir
    i conna remember much of the FT going all-in lots is a leak i should get it in my head to use the 5 bigs rule rather than the auto 10 bigs that i use especially on a major FT
    well done on taking it down you bossed that table from what i can remember wp
  • edited July 2017
    Trains in China are awesome.

Did 2000km in around 8 hours, first class, for £120.

http://shanghaiist.com/2015/10/13/beijing_to_hk_in_8_hours.php