You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (Sat 27th)

edited February 2010 in The Shed
Quite a few close calls tomorrow but as usual it's 3 different bets for me this Saturday.

Main Acca:

Coventry to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 4/5
Sheff Utd to beat Plymouth (H) @ 4/7
Millwall to beat Hartlepool (H) @ 1/2
Chesterfield to beat Aldershot (H) @ 4/5
Queen of the South to beat Airdrie (A) @ EVENS

The 5 way on this is currently paying a little over 14/1.

GENERAL FORM - Coventry are unbeaten in their last 6 at home including an impressive victory against Forest a couple of weeks ago. Scunthorpe have lost 3 of their last 6 away from Glanford Park whilst drawing 2. They conceded 5 at Leicester last time out & could've conceded a lot more than that.

Sheffield Utd are unbeaten in their last 8 at Bramall Lane, winning 6 of them. In that time they've only conceded 1 goal. Plymouth have lost 4 of their last 6 on the road.

Millwall have one of the best home records in League 1 having only lost there once all season (surprisingly against Wycombe back in November). Hartlepool have only won 3 from 15 away from home all season & have lost their last 7 conceding 17 goals in the process.

Chesterfield have won their last 6 games home & away & also have the best overall home record in the league having only lost 3 from their 16 homes this season. Whilst Aldershot have a decent home record themselves too, it's their away form that's letting them down this year. They've only won 4 of their 15 aways this season & have lost 4 of their last 5 on the road.

Airdrie are, quite simply, rubbish this season. They've won ONE game all season which came at home to Ayr way back in October. Incidentally, Ayr currently sit one place above Airdrie in the league, but 2nd bottom ain't anything to write home about! Queen of the South have the 2nd best away record in the division having won 5 of the 11 on the road this season. 

Long Shot:

Birmingham to beat Wigan (H) @ 10/11
Burnley to beat Portsmouth (H) @ EVENS
Newcastle to beat Watford (A) @ 10/11
Swindon to beat Leyton Orient (A) @ 11/8
Norwich to beat Oldham (A) @ 5/6
Rochdale to beat Macclesfield (A) @ 4/5

These 6 currently return 56/1 so well worth a quid.

I'll be honest, most of these selections have been done on gut feeling & "general" form (if such a thing exists?). Brum have been a little shaky of late but Wigan are not great travellers (don't forget they've shipped 5 at Old Trafford, 9 at White Hart Lane & even Pompey knocked 4 past them at Fratton Park). Burnley have been strong at home all season having only lost 2 whilst poor Pompey are all over the place. Watford have been decent at home of late but I really fancy Newcastle for this one. Swindon are gonna trip me up sooner or later (they're unbeaten in 11 home & away) but Orient are just one of those teams that have a tendency to forget to turn up sometimes. Norwich will look to take advantage of Leeds tricky trip to Huddersfield to get a bit more daylight between them but a trip to Oldham ain't gonna be easy. It'll be close but I fancy Norwich to nick it. Likewise Rochdale, they know they need to put the midweek defeat to Bradford behind them quickly to keep on track & get out of the bottom tier for the first time in 100 plus years or so (OK, it's not quite that long but I think it's about 60 odd they've been there). They've got the best away record in the division & Macclesfield haven't been the strongest at home this season but it'll be close.

Under/Over market:

I've gone for these 5 all to have over 2.5 goals:

Leicester/Forest @ 5/4
Preston/Cardiff @ 10/11
West Brom/Derby @ 8/11
Huddersfield/Leeds @ 10/11
Leyton Orient/Swindon @ 4/5

These 5 currently pay just over 24/1. At this point I expect most of them to finish 0-0 now!

Good luck to all having a bet this weekend.

Jay

p.s. sorry if my betting posts are a little long for some, I just like to explain my choices.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    lol Jay, thought you had got lost. Must be all that laughing from last night. As long as Quagmire is backing Watford then I am Happy!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    FWIW Birmingham must be the bet of the weekend at 10/11.
  • edited February 2010
    not sure but i,ve heard stoke r 5/1 at home against thearse
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (Sat 27th):
    not sure but i,ve heard stoke r 5/1 at home against thearse
    Posted by stokefc
    Based on the last few games that's cracking value.
  • edited February 2010
    Stoke 5/1 at home....surely not.
  • edited February 2010
    WOW they are 9/2 on skybet. Will not Jonah it for you Stoke. That is a big, big price though.
  • edited February 2010
    I know Man Utd are rightly favourites to win the Carling Cup but Villa look value at 7/2. Villa beat Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford and picked up a point against them at Villa Park, the Wembley pitch is big compared to many others so this should be an advantage to the Villains pace on the flanks and not forgetting Martin O'Neills amazing record in this competition.

It's obviously gonna take some cojones to back against Man U(especially with the form that Rooney is taking into the game) but i think 7/2 is well worth a dabble.
  • edited February 2010
    Another belting price Quagmire. 2 singles Stoke and Villa. Dont want to Jonah any bets, but one of them (at least) will come in.

I trust you have already placed your single on Watford ;<)
  • edited February 2010
    thats it then stoke/villa double. happy days
    EDIT:stoke9/2 on sky
  • edited February 2010
    Another belting price Quagmire. 2 singles Stoke and Villa. Dont want to Jonah any bets, but one of them (at least) will come in. I trust you have already placed your single on Watford ;<)
    Posted by emilyegg
    No worries there mate, you heard it here 1st, i'm making Watford my Lock of the Week!

Expect the Toon to rack up double figures ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    just stuck a tenner on stoke/villa double £247 returns nice
  • edited February 2010
    Thank the Lord for Quagmire.
  • edited February 2010

Keep my fingers crossed for you m8. Do you want me to stick a bet on Arsenal to help out? ;-)

• edited February 2010
    I've put on 4 bets for the weekend.

The southend/charlton game has already come in and has i had a £25 single bet on it i'm £20 up and all these bets are already covered.

6 x 5-folds at £1 a line

1. Burton Albion v Rotherham Both teams to score @ 8/13 lost 
    2. Yeovil v MK Dons Both teams to score @ 8/11 lost 
    3. Leyton Orient v Swindon Both teams to score @ 4/6 lost 
    4. Southend v Charlton Both teams to score @ 4/5 win 
    5. Preston v Cardiff Both teams to score @ 8/11 lost 
    6. Barnsley v Blackpool Both teams to score @ 8/11 lost 
    £5 acca

1. Northampton v Cheltenham Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11 lost 
    2. Swansea v Peterborough Under 2.5 Goals @ 5/6 win
    3. Leicester v Nottm. Forest Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/7 lost
    4. Doncaster v Crystal Palace Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13 win
    5 x 4-fold at £1 a line

1. Chesterfield v Aldershot Town Chesterfield @ 4/5 lost 
    2. Millwall v HartlepoolMillwall @ 1/2 win
    3. West Brom v DerbyWest Brom @ 8/13 win
    4. Coventry v Scunthorpe Coventry @ 4/5 win
    5. Burnley v Portsmouth Burnley @ 6/5 lost
    This is a bet i haven't done for a long time but just fancied giving it ago.

1. Notts Co. v HerefordNotts Co. 3-0 @ 9/1
    2. Notts Co. v HerefordNotts Co. 2-0 @ 11/2   5-0???????  
    3. Notts Co. v HerefordNotts Co. 1-0 @ 11/2
    4. Swansea v Peterborough Swansea 2-0 @ 5/1
    5. Swansea v Peterborough Draw 0-0 @ 10/1
    6. Swansea v Peterborough Swansea 1-0 @ 5/1 win 
    7. Liverpool v Blackburn Liverpool 2-0 @ 5/1
    8. Liverpool v Blackburn Draw 0-0 @ 11/1
    9. Liverpool v Blackburn Liverpool 1-0 @ 5/1

Its a correct score treble and there are 27 different perms. Have covered them at 10p a line so only £2.70 outlay and if it comes in its a nice return.

On a personal note may i just say that the mighty WATFORD will put the geordies to the sword.

Be lucky

achill

P.S you may have noticed that i haven't included that prediction in any of my bets.

• edited February 2010
    Was enjoying that until near the end Achill.

Watford are missing their best player through suspension. Still wouldn`t back Newcastle with Quagmires money though.
  • edited February 2010
    WHAT... we have a best player.... when did that happen?

In the super six i've gone for 1-1 and i'll be well happy if we get the draw.
  • edited February 2010
    What's happened guys and girls, have you all deserted this thread?

There's normally loads of bets posted by now but so far only me, stokefc and silentbob have posted are guaranteed to win selections.

Have you all become demoralised from constantly donating to the bookies 3rd holiday home?

Rise up brother and sister betters, kiss your lucky mascot, put on your lucky y-fronts and post your selections here and lets give the bookie a damn good thrashing.
  • edited February 2010
    What's happened guys and girls, have you all deserted this thread? There's normally loads of bets posted by now but so far only me, stokefc and silentbob have posted are guaranteed to win selections. Have you all become demoralised from constantly donating to the bookies 3rd holiday home? Rise up brother and sister betters, kiss your lucky mascot, put on your lucky y-fronts and post your selections here and lets give the bookie a damn good thrashing.
    Posted by achill
    Just need to snap out of this minor existential funk then i'll post mine.
  • edited February 2010
    I am deep in thought Quagmire.....

and I like that wee correct score treble perm-bet that Achill posted.
  • edited February 2010
    Aston Villa v Man. Utd -Aston Villa @ 7/2Doncaster v Crystal Palace -Doncaster @ 11/10Stoke v Arsenal - Stoke @ 4/1Birmingham v Wigan - Birmingham @ 10/11Chelsea v Man. City - Draw @ 16/5I never back united coz I hate em, Palace are in turmoil, Stoke terrify Arsenal, Wigan are poooor and Fancy city to throw a spanner in the works. 
    Bet of the day in the mirror, is 11/10 with Hills that Wayne Bridge DOESNT shake hands with John Terry this afternoon...
    I'd have thought that was obvious after turning the world cup down because of him, hes more likely to chin him? Cant find any such bet on skybet.....
    EDIT - 540/1 btw
  • edited February 2010

My word, Cheryl is one high maintenance lady, had to fork out for a candlelit dinner at the local truckers cafe the other night, i could do with another win, she's bleeding me dry. So here goes, acca numero uno:

Birmingham
    Burnley
    Ipswich
    Reading
    Brentford
    Carlisle
    Millwall

Not going in depth with my choices this week, Cheryl's clicking her fingers, wants me to get her pipe and slippers.

The acca pays 66/1

Good luck everyone, we will bash the bookies this weekend. ;-)

• edited February 2010
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueChelsea v Man. CityMatch Result 27/02/2010 12:45Chelsea @ 4/9  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueBirmingham v WiganMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Birmingham @ 10/11  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueBurnley v PortsmouthMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Burnley @ 11/10  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipCoventry v ScunthorpeMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Coventry @ 4/5  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipIpswich v Bristol CityMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Ipswich @ 5/6  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipMiddlesbro' v Q.P.R.Match Result 27/02/2010 15:00Middlesbro' @ 4/6  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipSheff. Utd v PlymouthMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Sheff. Utd @ 4/7  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipSwansea v PeterboroughMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Swansea @ 4/9  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipWest Brom v DerbyMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00West Brom @ 8/13  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Southampton v WalsallMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Southampton @ 8/13  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Chesterfield v Aldershot TownMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Chesterfield @ 4/5  
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueDundee Utd v FalkirkMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Dundee Utd @ 8/13  
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueHibernian v St. JohnstoneMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Hibernian @ 10/11  
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueMotherwell v KilmarnockMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Motherwell @ 10/11  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueTottenham v EvertonMatch Result 28/02/2010 13:00Tottenham @ evens

this is my accum    gd luck every1   lets be lucky
  • edited February 2010
    Dam SKY BET!!!!

Right up to the fair play thing I was trying to find the bet !!!!!!!

It was so obvious!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Here are my draws:

Bolton v Wolves
    Leicester v Forest
    Watford v Newcastle
    Barnet v Bury
    Morecambe v Port Vale

Pays 389/1! Mo Money Mo Problems

B I G
    P O
    P P A
    No info, for the, D E A
    Federal agents mad cause i'm flagrant
    Tap my cell, and the phone in the basement
    My team supreme, stay clean
    Triple beam lyrical dream, i be that

I'll stop there, you get the picture :-) 
  • edited February 2010

How about this for an extremely long shot. 5p pays 250k!  will never happen but why not!

FootballBarclays Premier LeagueChelsea v Man. CityMatch Result 27/02/2010 12:45Draw @ 7/2  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueBolton v WolvesMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 9/4  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueStoke v ArsenalMatch Result 27/02/2010 17:30Draw @ 14/5  
    FootballFranceMontpellier v RennesMatch Result 27/02/2010 20:00Draw @ 15/8  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipLeicester v Nottm. ForestMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 9/4  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipBarnsley v BlackpoolMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 9/4  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Bristol Rov v ColchesterMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipPreston v CardiffMatch Result 27/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5  
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueRangers v CelticMatch Result 28/02/2010 12:30Draw @ 12/5  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueTottenham v EvertonMatch Result 28/02/2010 13:00Draw @ 9/4  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueSunderland v FulhamMatch Result 28/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 9/4  
    FootballSpainVillarreal v DeportivoMatch Result 28/02/2010 16:00Draw @ 11/5  
    FootballSpainAtletico Madrid v ValenciaMatch Result 28/02/2010 20:00Draw @ 11/5  
    FootballPortugalSporting Lisbon v PortoMatch Result 28/02/2010 20:15Draw @ 15/8  
    FootballCarling CupAston Villa v Man. UtdMatch Result 28/02/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5
  • edited February 2010

lol - AJ, I would pay 5pence NOT t have to trawl through skybet and find all those games!!!

...Good luck with it though, Imagine if one game lets you down!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Here's my longshot acca:

Aston Villa
    Coventry
    Doncaster
    Swansea
    West Brom
    Norwich
    Chesterfield
    Rochdale
    Northampton
    Motherwell

Pays 772/1!

Ave it!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    If Jutkiewicz starts today i'm sticking a couple of quid on him to bag the 1st goal in the Motherwell v Kilmarnock game.

11/2
  • edited February 2010
    Here Goes.

Birmingham win

Coventry win

Middlesbro win

Bradford win

Northampton win

Chesterfield ffs

Rotherham win

Dundee Utd win

and the game between Burnley/Pompey to have over 2.5 goals. win
  • edited February 2010
    all these people inspired by the guy that won 100k on a 12 team acca in midweek, now how often do u hear about them coming in, nice if ur the lucky 1.

Anyway heres ma picks,

Middlesboro
              Milwall
              Norwich
              Dagenham
              Bradford
              Alloa

£10 acca pays £216 so heres hoping.

good luck every1 with their bets lets hope the bookies r crying in the morn