You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When Someone Asks a you a Stupid Question or States the Obvious.

edited March 2010 in The Shed
Feel the need to ask this due to the fact that the wife and the mother-in-law have BOTH asked me a dopey question within a matter of hours.

Inspired by reading (on here) about someone buying 12 cans of lager at the supermarket and the checkout person asking...

Q. Do you want a bag?
A. No, I will pop them in my pocket.

My own personal experiences this week were....

The Wife last Sunday Night, after I had been out and had several pints....

Q. Have you been in the Pub?
A. No, just upstairs unattended in McDonalds.

And earlier that day my mother-in-law hit me with this belter, when I picked up our baby daughter, whom she had been babysitting....

(segment of conversation)

Q. What are the Kids up to? (our other two children)
A. Chris is on the PS3 probably, and I took Lauren to see Avatar.
Q. What...At the Cinema?
A. Nah...they`ve got it showing in Homebase (ffs...stop it. Please)

maybe I was a bit harsh, but I couldn`t help myself.

Would love to hear any half-baked questions or comments that have been bowled at you. There must be LOADS....

Comments

• edited February 2010

a funny irish statement we use quiet often is ,

say a problem issue needs sorting with someone else ,

we say from one m8 to another,

go on you say it to them ,

"
    i am behind you all the way "

• edited February 2010

I like the one where you get it all-in with J-J or whatever, & the geezer turns over Aces, then says "did you not realise you were behind?".....

Err........
  • edited February 2010
    Sitting there watching the tele...........Mrs always comes in and says 'Are you watching this?'

• edited February 2010

"Was that photo taken when you were younger?"
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When Someone Asks a you a Stupid Question or States the Obvious.:
    lol ,me and the mrs were in tesco last week,with a trolley full of shopping ,and this dopey woman  cashier asks "do u need bags?" ...jeez whats all that about?..... i looked at the wife shrugging my shoulders ,and shaking my head and i say "darling ,do u think we need bags "?....she looks at me with a scowl and says "JUST DONT"...............LOL........im mean what did she think i was gonna say ?......"no thank you ,i will just put em back in the trolley ,and tip it in the boot" .....lol ten ...............^ _  ^
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    haha, so true.  There is also the opposite one for this which happens to me quite a lot.  I go to the checkout with a sandwich and a can of pop.  The cashier says `do you want any help with your packing`.  One day, I will say yes and just stand there staring at them until theyve put them both in a bag for me.
  • edited February 2010
    Everyone is a "duck" in Lincoln. I had a sore back for weeks when we moved here.
  • edited February 2010

15 o/o  of mallard ducks are gay !

soz tk my typing fingers couldn't resist it lol !

a silly thought would the 15 0/0 
     include female ducks lol ?
  • edited February 2010

20%, please, Mr Rover.

By the bye, I moved from London to the East Midlands in the 80's, where they have strange, or different, expressions, most "local" areas do.

In London we say "you all right mate?", but in the East Mids, it's "you OK, duck?". (Really!).

They also say, a lot, "cor love a duck".

You could not make it up, could you?
  • edited February 2010
    When I was at school, a fellow pupil asked a mate and I “whether we lived the same distance from each other”. 

It was pretty difficult to take the mickey out of him, as it seemed Mother Nature had beaten us to it.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When Someone Asks a you a Stupid Question or States the Obvious.:
    20%, please, Mr Rover. By the bye, I moved from London to the East Midlands in the 80's, where they have strange, or different, expressions, most "local" areas do. In London we say "you all right mate?", but in the East Mids, it's "you OK, duck?". (Really!). They also say, a lot, "cor love a duck". You could not make it up, could you?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought it was more 'Ay up me duck'. Also down south and east midlands it is lager top where in the west midlands it is lager dash. Never could work that one out so thats why I drink real ale now!

Anyway, back to this interesting thread
  • edited February 2010
    Whenever i watch a far fetched tv programme or film i always say 'did you know this is based on a true story' Last year my wife was talking on the phone to her brother and he must have been asking weather there were any good films to watch. She said she heard i robot was good and that it was based on a true story. I said are you having a laugh? and she said thats what you told me!! lol
  • edited February 2010
    CAN SOMEONE AT SKY POKER PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY GOOD THREADS LIKE THIS ONE KEEP GETTING MOVED WHILE ALL THE BAD BEAT/I AM LEAVING/OH WOE IS ME THREADS STILL STAY IN THE GENERAL SECTION???????
  • edited February 2010
    I'm not from SkyPoker but I may have the answer.
    The "main" section is "General Poker Chat"; there is no discernible poker content in this thread.

P.S. I'd be delighted if all the other types of thread that you mentioned had their own section too. :-)
  • edited February 2010
    CAN SOMEONE AT SKY POKER PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY GOOD THREADS LIKE THIS ONE KEEP GETTING MOVED WHILE ALL THE BAD BEAT/I AM LEAVING/OH WOE IS ME THREADS STILL STAY IN THE GENERAL SECTION???????
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hi Maxally,

If a thread gets moved it shouldn't necessary be viewed as a bad thing. having threads in the correct place helps all the forum users as they are able to quickly find discussions that interest them. if you feel a thread needs moving, just shout up or use the report abuse feature and explain you would like a thread moved.

(report abuse will alert our mods directly.)

Thank you!
  • edited February 2010
    oops starting posting before Mere. Thanks mate ;)
  • edited February 2010
    Sorry. Meant to post thread in the shed.
  • edited February 2010
    The gearbox went bang in my 3 year old 4x4 late last year. I got on to the manufacturer's, explained the problem and the first question they asked me was ''have you been driving it?''
  • edited February 2010
    heres the ultimate that many do since the introduction of mobile phones..

You are sitting in the house and the landline phone goes, person on the other end says hello and proceeds to ask u " Where are you". Now come on, its hard not to take the preverbial here but i respond in many ways, like where do u think i am,, try remembering what number uv just phoned and u will get ur answer, or just flat out lie to them and tell them im at disney world.
  • edited February 2010
    nowt wrong with duck where i live or mucka or marra spose its a regional thing like,as for the op,s question i conna think of owt at the moment but i will in the morning when i,m sobre lol
  • edited February 2010
    Mi mother takes the dog out, about midday for a couple of hour....

When she comes in, Im getting a beer from the fridge....and she says....

"Are you boozing again???"

Enough said
  • edited February 2010
    A guy in a bar where my missus worked was told by a male and female customer that they were twins, and he said Identcal>, it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Me and my mate were asked if we were brothers a couple of days ago by a scaffolder in work, he thought we were two other blokes he had worked with before, we said no, he then asked if we were twins.

Whenever I lose something and are searching the house, my misses always asks "well what have you done with it"
  • edited March 2010
    Once whilst rummaging through a filing cabinet at work for a phone charger.....

......I was asked by one of the girl's in the office, "what do you want a phone charger for?" I replied "I'll give you three guesses"......... she was embarrassed and over the next few months she set out to systematically ruin my life, her name was Emma.............proving the theory that "All Emmas' are evil" !!!!!!
  • edited March 2010

Someone once asked my little sister and I  'Oh and how long have you been sisters?'

True Story..
  • edited March 2010
    Someone once asked my little sister and I  'Oh and how long have you been sisters?' True Story..
    Posted by LML
    By little sister, do you mean under 4ft, or do you mean younger? (well this is a ask a stupid question thread)

ps, when you go out with her do people ask you where cinderella is lol (oops thought this was provoke the presenter)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: When Someone Asks a you a Stupid Question or States the Obvious. : By little sister, do you mean under 4ft, or do you mean younger? (well this is a ask a stupid question thread) ps, when you go out with her do people ask you where cinderella is lol (oops thought this was provoke the presenter)
    Posted by loonytoons

No seriously she's three inches tall. Technically a Lillipution. But we stole her away when Gulliver came back with a few. Smugface that he was.

To be fair  she's blonde with blue eyes.. Also when you tell someone something and they say 'Really?'.... erm. No. I made it up? Pfft!

I'm ignoring your last comment. See. here I am ignoring it.

• edited March 2010

I'm a train driver (please don't tell Tikay) and as such have to do shiftwork. On the early shift i normally set off in my dopey uniform anything between 2.30am to 5.00am and being the loving husband that i am, i wake the Mrs to say goodbye and without fail i get the same question "Are you going to work"
         I mean it's not as though we have thet many fancy dress parties, starting at that time round my way
  • edited March 2010

knock knock ,

is it ok to come in to the shed,

ty mr egg ,

this is my first time in the shed in a very long time ,

this thread still going wd mr egg ,

mind if i look around the shed ,

ok ty .