You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dohhhhhhh

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
First: 17/6/2009
Last: 28/2/2010

keep this fella mr hartigan reporting the poker results instead of analysing the play. its painful watching it......like watching john and edward trying to sing, i feel for them they shouldnt be put in that position. such good shows on sky poker and such brilliant presenters/analysts, especially tikay n ed. dok hartigans wages n pay these guys double to work more often. watch the primo back and count how many times he contradicts himself, its unreal and very embarassing
jj

I've read the comments on the TP thread and before people start saying this is a personal attack on Dohhhhhhh it isn't. But if he can make comments like the one above, then he has to be big enough and man enough to expect some criticism when it comes his way. The comments made last night were peoples opinions which they are entitled to and he cant suddenly start "spitting his dummy out" when he doesn't like what he reads.

He's a very good poker player, far better than i will ever be, and i wish him all the best with Total Player but when he introduced himself to the site like he did some 8 months ago with a personal attack on James, and others he cant be looking for  sympathy "when the shoe is on the other foot".

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Dohhhhhhh:
    DOHHHHHHH Posts: 1195 First: 17/6/2009 Last: 28/2/2010 keep this fella mr hartigan reporting the poker results instead of analysing the play. its painful watching it......like watching john and edward trying to sing, i feel for them they shouldnt be put in that position. such good shows on sky poker and such brilliant presenters/analysts, especially tikay n ed. dok hartigans wages n pay these guys double to work more often. watch the primo back and count how many times he contradicts himself, its unreal and very embarassing jj I've read the comments on the TP thread and before people start saying this is a personal attack on Dohhhhhhh it isn't. But if he can make comments like the one above, then he has to be big enough and man enough to expect some criticism when it comes his way. The comments made last night were peoples opinions which they are entitled to and he cant suddenly start "spitting his dummy out" when he doesn't like what he reads. He's a very good poker player, far better than i will ever be, and i wish him all the best with Total Player but when he introduced himself to the site like he did some 8 months ago with a personal attack on James, and others he cant be looking for  sympathy "when the shoe is on the other foot".
    Posted by tallboy
    He apologised many times for that badly thought out introduction to the forum. He learnt from it and his posts since then have been well thought out and informative. I hope we see similar apologies from you and others that are raking over very old coals
  • edited February 2010
    DOHHHHHHH Posts: 1195 First: 17/6/2009 Last: 28/2/2010 keep this fella mr hartigan reporting the poker results instead of analysing the play. its painful watching it......like watching john and edward trying to sing, i feel for them they shouldnt be put in that position. such good shows on sky poker and such brilliant presenters/analysts, especially tikay n ed. dok hartigans wages n pay these guys double to work more often. watch the primo back and count how many times he contradicts himself, its unreal and very embarassing jj I've read the comments on the TP thread and before people start saying this is a personal attack on Dohhhhhhh it isn't. But if he can make comments like the one above, then he has to be big enough and man enough to expect some criticism when it comes his way. The comments made last night were peoples opinions which they are entitled to and he cant suddenly start "spitting his dummy out" when he doesn't like what he reads. He's a very good poker player, far better than i will ever be, and i wish him all the best with Total Player but when he introduced himself to the site like he did some 8 months ago with a personal attack on James, and others he cant be looking for  sympathy "when the shoe is on the other foot".
    Posted by tallboy
    lmao mick or is it ? ..........del
  • edited February 2010

Who was looking for sympathy?

I think its an absolute joke that so much emphasis last night has gone on me. 

I hadn't even logged onto the forum, and there was a page of replies about me - all negative. 

What about the other 8 guys?

Yes I had a rant to stand up for myself, but thats me, Im not gonna sit back and take it. I got through on merit and whatever happens no1 can take that achievement away from me.

They might take the rest of the comp away, but at the time I was chosen becoz a guy who knows the game, likes my game, and thats good enough for me.

How about a few posts about the other guys huh? - Quote something positive? - Or spare a thought for the guys that didnt get through.

DOHH

(PS again, when I first came on and had a pop at James....he made a comment like..."2 threads? I'm honoured" lol - I guess Ive come full circle now and am now on the receiving end!!!!!)
  • edited February 2010
    didnt see any of it last night dohhhh, but played with you a few times over the last 2 weeks and have found you nothing but friendly and a pleasure to be with in the chat box. hope you go on and win it now gl mate
  • edited February 2010
    This wasn't meant to stir up a hornets nest its an opinion. why should i apologies? I told Dohhhhhhh at the tables he's a very good player and that wont change, but "if you live by the sword then you die by it" Its also why i posted a separate thread to the one posted this morning about him.
    I totally agree he's a change man but all people did last night was express there views and he didn't take it to well did he???
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh:
    This wasn't meant to stir up a hornets nest its an opinion. why should i apologies? I told Dohhhhhhh at the tables he's a very good player and that wont change, but "if you live by the sword then you die by it" Its also why i posted a separate thread to the one posted this morning about him. I totally agree he's a change man but all people did last night was express there views and he didn't take it to well did he???
    Posted by tallboy
    I presume you didn't see the abusive posts last night before they were deleted?
    A troll, most commonly encountered on the internet, is any person who purposely causes controversy in a web community and disrupts for his own amusement. Trolls have been refered to in the web community as, trollers, a**holes, jerks, and s**m of the earth douchebags. The term probably derives from "trolling" or "trawling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. Troll is fine as a verb since trawling/trolling for comments and flames is innate troll behavior.
  • edited February 2010
    Who was looking for sympathy? I think its an absolute joke that so much emphasis last night has gone on me.  I hadn't even logged onto the forum, and there was a page of replies about me - all negative.  What about the other 8 guys? Yes I had a rant to stand up for myself, but thats me, Im not gonna sit back and take it. I got through on merit and whatever happens no1 can take that achievement away from me. They might take the rest of the comp away, but at the time I was chosen becoz a guy who knows the game, likes my game, and thats good enough for me. How about a few posts about the other guys huh? - Quote something positive? - Or spare a thought for the guys that didnt get through. DOHH (PS again, when I first came on and had a pop at James....he made a comment like... "2 threads? I'm honoured " lol - I guess Ive come full circle now and am now on the receiving end!!!!!)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    My point is Dohhhhhh let them express their views like you have about others, but you cant go off on one when it heads your way!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh : My point is Dohhhhhh let them express their views like you have about others, but you cant go off on one when it heads your way!
    Posted by tallboy
    M8, you are unwittingly associating yourself with malicious and abusive posts that have already been removed from the forum. When you're in a hole its best not to continue to dig.
  • edited February 2010

Yeh u have a point TB - I dont mind people being opinionated, makes things more interesting. But I fight fire with fire, as I do when I play poker. I have no probz with ppl having ago at me, and I had ago back. Its been blown abit out of the water I reckon. 

That post was months ago, and was within my FIRST 10 posts on the forum. Im now over a thousand (not sure if thats good or bad. lol)

Nevermind, what will be will beeeeeee
  • edited February 2010
    Yeh u have a point TB - I dont mind people being opinionated, makes things more interesting. But I fight fire with fire, as I do when I play poker. I have no probz with ppl having ago at me, and I had ago back. Its been blown abit out of the water I reckon.  That post was months ago, and was within my FIRST 10 posts on the forum. Im now over a thousand (not sure if thats good or bad. lol) Nevermind, what will be will beeeeeee
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Im sending you a PM Dohhhhhhhh this has nothing to do with your poker what so ever! I think you know that, but you have strong opinions yourself as do others on the site and as long as their not abusive we all should be entitled to have our say. Not all those comments were abusive last night i just think you reacted in the wrong way. Using the comments you made towards James was probably the wrong way to go about starting this thread and i apologies for that, But it just seemed a bit"POT KETTLE BLACK" when i read the Total Player thread last night.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh : Im sending you a PM Dohhhhhhhh this has nothing to do with your poker what so ever! I think you know that, but you have strong opinions yourself as do others on the site and as long as their not abusive we all should be entitled to have our say. Not all those comments were abusive last night i just think you reacted in the wrong way. Using the comments you made towards James was probably the wrong way to go about starting this thread and i apologies for that, But it just seemed a bit"POT KETTLE BLACK" when i read the Total Player thread last night.
    Posted by tallboy
    Good post Tallboy. Good luck at the tables but dont shove against me when I have 44. You will LOSE. Ask Dohhhhhhh.
  • edited February 2010
    OK - I'm gonna post this on every anti Dohhhhhhh thread, as I have lost out the most to this guy in the last 24 hours. I have nothing bad to say about him as he has not given me any reason to!
    He has been selected for his poker skills and is into the TP semis.  ALL of us would love to be in his position right now. He should feel very proud - and rightfully so.  He doesn't need any of this negativity and doesn't warrant it.
    I will make my feelings on the TP process available when the thread opens again...........but I will say, I have nothing but good things to say about Ben and Dohhhhh. 
    Some of the decisions have baffled me over this week and I'm still at a loss as to what else I could have done to show that I have the patience and skill to last in a 2 hour clock tournament..........but thats a grievance I have with someone else - DEFINATELY not Dohhhhhhhhhhh.  Good luck mate.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh : Really how is that? I say it how i see it and i certainly wont be abusive towards Dohhhhhhh ever! Seems everytime some expresses an opinion that is different from the majority all the "Do Gooders" start popping out of the woodwork.
    Posted by tallboy
    There was some unpleasentness on the forum last night and that has left a bad aftertaste. The posts this morning can be seen to be a continuation of that.
  • edited February 2010
    OK - I'm gonna post this on every anti Dohhhhhhh thread, as I have lost out the most to this guy in the last 24 hours. I have nothing bad to say about him as he has not given me any reason to! He has been selected for his poker skills and is into the TP semis.  ALL of us would love to be in his position right now. He should feel very proud - and rightfully so.  He doesn't need any of this negativity and doesn't warrant it. I will make my feelings on the TP process available when the thread opens again...........but I will say, I have nothing but good things to say about Ben and Dohhhhh.  Some of the decisions have baffled me over this week and I'm still at a loss as to what else I could have done to show that I have the patience and skill to last in a 2 hour clock tournament..........but thats a grievance I have with someone else - DEFINATELY not Dohhhhhhhhhhh.  Good luck mate.
    Posted by phil12uk
     Phil Im not Anti towards Dohhhhhhh at all.
  • edited February 2010
    Last night  I started a thread  that was in defence of  Dohhhhhhh,  and critising Skypoker's management and advisers over the way this TP competition is being run ,,,

No swearing !!  No names mentioned !!  Just in defence of Dohhhhhhhh and wishing him and the others good luck in the competition. .....

DOHHHHHHHH   and others left in competition .... Good Luck !
  • edited February 2010
    i love you James Hartigan :)
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by tallboy
    you surprise me m8y,

doh has grown outside of this comment above,

if you had been reading any of his last 1k posts since,

the above one that you state ,

you would be aware of this.

poor research on your part !

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Dohhhhhhh : you surprise me m8y, doh has grown outside of this comment above, if you had been reading any of his last 1k posts since, the above one that you state , you would be aware of this. poor research on your part !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Well your comments don't surprise me. I've read some of your comments On the TP thread. It was you that was crying like a baby because you didn't get picked wasn't it?
    Like your good self im allowed to comment on this site and ive explained to Dohhhhhhh in a PM and through this thread how i feel about it.
  • edited February 2010
    very well done to dohhhhh getting through when playing with him hes been friendly in chat box, i do feel for phil12 because he played well and consistent through out the comp. tallboy put yourself in dohhh shoes would you react to snidey comments? i think you would, so why come on shouting the odds.
  • edited February 2010
    why start this thread?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh : Well your comments don't surprise me. I've read some of your comments On the TP thread. It was you that was crying like a baby because you didn't get picked wasn't it? Like your good self im allowed to comment on this site and ive explained to Dohhhhhhh in a PM and through this thread how i feel about it.
    Posted by tallboy
    i am from the republic of ireland i could not have been  picked ,

its for uk players only ,

once again poor research in this comment !

• edited February 2010
    very well done to dohhhhh getting through when playing with him hes been friendly in chat box, i do feel for phil12 because he played well and consistent through out the comp. tallboy put yourself in dohhh shoes would you react to snidey comments? i think you would, so why come on shouting the odds.
    Posted by IANMAC1
    For the last time im not knocking his poker. Dohhhhhhhh has had post's removed last night after comments made against him and he took the bait. What im saying is in the past and (I know people say he's a reformed character) he's been the one dishing out the comments. You cant have it both ways when someone has a dig back you start throwing your "teddies out the cot"

I know Tk has spoken to him how it might rub people up the wrong way.

Yes maybe i shouldn't have started this thread and a PM message to Dohhhhhhh would have been a better option but i found it ironic how Dohhhhhhhh was now on the receiving end, I DON'T AGREE WITH THE ABUSE DIRECTED AT HIM IN ANY WAY, but from what i saw it wasnt all abusive.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh : i am from the republic of ireland i could not have been  picked , its for uk players only , once again poor research in this comment !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Ok thanks for the reply, please keep up the good work with the Big Brother threads my 6 yr old Daughter loves them!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhhh : Ok thanks for the reply, please keep up the good work with the Big Brother threads my 6 yr old Daughter loves them!
    Posted by tallboy
    pmsl happy your daughter has a sense of humour !
  • edited February 2010
    Your 6 yr old daughter browses poker forums...WOW
  • edited February 2010
    its good when the kids start playing early...
  • edited February 2010
    again people have quoted with dohhhhh. hope he wins it because hes a very nice guy and hes nice on the chat and talks etc,, also someone said hes posted over 1000 on forum etc,,

this is what i was getting it,, doesnt matter if yuo have posted nothing or a million,, we want the best poker player to represent by winning total player,, not a populairty contest,, why do you think will a couple fo players pulled out fot eh contest,, we all know its just to advice and get more players to the site,, wd,,

we want the best poker player not anything else,, could be the most horrible person in the world,, if hes the best put him thorugh,, not for pop votes,,

reminds me of a certain show that put a set of twins thorugh because they are popular and will keep viewers tuning in...
  • edited February 2010
    its good when the kids start playing early...
    Posted by BlackFish3

Someone of your own age to play with?    :-)))

P.S. That's obviously just bitter jealousy on my part.
  • edited February 2010
    I completely fail to see the point of this thread, it's just stupid---full stop--tallboy-- say no more