You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PRIMO 28/02/2010

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Copenhagen...Las Vegas...Feltham!

Yes, my week-long tour of the world's hottest poker venues concludes with a visit to a south west London industrial estate.  Tonight, it's all about the £15k GTD Primo and the live TV show on channel 865.  Both start at 8pm.

This is the place to post your questions - and your requests for hands from the Primo to be analysed.

So, as Dirty Harry said (in the disappointing 1983 sequel 'Sudden Impact'), "Go ahead...make my Day!"

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to PRIMO 28/02/2010:
    C openhagen...Las Vegas...Feltham! Yes, my week-long tour of the world's hottest poker venues concludes with a visit to a south west London industrial estate.  Tonight, it's all about the £15k GTD Primo and the live TV show on channel 865.  Both start at 8pm. This is the place to post your questions - and your requests for hands from the Primo to be analysed. So, as Dirty Harry said (in the disappointing 1983 sequel 'Sudden Impact'), "Go ahead...make my Day!"
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    wasnt that one Magnum Force?
  • edited February 2010
    Ask yourself one question Cowgomoo, "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?"
  • edited February 2010

Hi James,

I have some bad news for you. Some very bad news, I'm afraid.....I'm not sure how to bereak this to you.

Mark Banin, scheduled to be tonight's Analyst, is unable to be with you tonight. Which is bad enough.

But there is worse. Guess who your co-pilot is going to be?

Let battle commence. ;)
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck with the show tonight James. By the way hows that car of yours??
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010:
    In Response to PRIMO 28/02/2010 : wasnt that one Magnum Force?
    Posted by Seagull158
    No - definitely 'Sudden Impact'.  When it comes to film quotes, I know my onions :-)

• edited February 2010
    Ask yourself one question Cowgomoo, "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?"
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    A common mis-quotation, Mr Moo!  The line (from the original 'Dirty Harry', 1971) is:

"You've got to ask yourself a question - do I feel lucky?  Well do ya, punk?"

(Zips up anorak and moves on...)
  • edited February 2010
    Hi James, I have some bad news for you. Some very bad news, I'm afraid.....I'm not sure how to bereak this to you. Mark Banin, scheduled to be tonight's Analyst, is unable to be with you tonight. Which is bad enough. But there is worse. Guess who your co-pilot is going to be? Let battle commence. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great news, Tikay!  The Viva Las Vegas 2009 team re-united!!!

Battle?  I'm in no condition to fight.  Jet lag has got the better of me today ;-)

• edited February 2010
    Good luck with the show tonight James. By the way hows that car of yours??
    Posted by tallboy
    Sigh.  My Prius is a 2004 model (2006 plate).  It's the new 2009/2010 model that's affected...
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : S igh.  My Prius is a 2004 model (2006 plate).  It's the new 2009/2010 model that's affected...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Nice come back!!! That shut me up! See you soon at the tables.
  • edited February 2010
    Right you are James!

Just for you James: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
  • edited February 2010
    Hi

If I read correctly, tikay is now co-pilot? if that is the case, then who will be PTP please? and good luck with the show :)
  • edited February 2010
    Hi If I read correctly, tikay is now co-pilot? if that is the case, then who will be PTP please? and good luck with the show :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    According to the home page, Trevor's spewing at the £0.50/£1 tables tonight :-)
  • edited February 2010
    Edit -  Never mind! Too late!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : No - definitely 'Sudden Impact'.  When it comes to film quotes, I know my onions :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    You are so right, James. My apologies. Number 6 in the American Film Institute's Top 100 movie quotations. "you've got to ask yourself one question ........etc." is number 51. and then there's " you forgot your fortune cookie...... It says.......You're s*** out of luck".
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : You are so right, James. My apologies. Number 6 in the American Film Institute's Top 100 movie quotations. "you've got to ask yourself one question ........etc." is number 51. and then there's " you forgot your fortune cookie...... It says.......You're s*** out of luck".
    Posted by Seagull158
    ...from the awful 1988 sequel 'The Dead Pool' - which sees Clint being chased around San Francisco by a remote-controlled car!!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : ...from the awful 1988 sequel 'The Dead Pool' - which sees Clint being chased around San Francisco by a remote-controlled car!!!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    It was the most terrible film. The fortune cookie and the "opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one" are the only 2 worthwhile bits of the film.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi If I read correctly, tikay is now co-pilot? if that is the case, then who will be PTP please? and good luck with the show :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    It's not been decided yet Barry afaik.

I think - think - I was a replacement for Trevor, & when Mother Hen spoke to me an hour or so ago, & asked if I could the Show tonight, she was then going to ring round & find a PTP-er for tonight. Maybe it is Trevor, but I'd be surprised if the Home Page were able to change & update that so quickly on a Sunday.

Anyway, if I hear anything, I'll Post accordingly.
  • edited February 2010

hiya m8 good luck with the show tonite have got through a sat for semi so fingers crossed i get to main event dtw
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : It's not been decided yet Barry afaik. I think - think - I was a replacement for Trevor, & when Mother Hen spoke to me an hour or so ago, & asked if I could the Show tonight, she was then going to ring round & find a PTP-er for tonight. Maybe it is Trevor, but I'd be surprised if the Home Page were able to change & update that so quickly on a Sunday. Anyway, if I hear anything, I'll Post accordingly.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you tikay :)
  • edited February 2010
    James, good luck with talking about movies with tikay!

• edited February 2010
    Car crash waiting to happen?

"Pond wars episode one : Return of the Mallard"
  • edited February 2010
    James, good luck with talking about movies with tikay!
    Posted by Machka
    You could ask him about "Ben Hur".
    He was a consulant on that one because he was present at the original events.
  • edited February 2010

Oi, listen. I know more about Films than James's realises. I've even seen some. 

I've seen ALL these films.

A Night to Remember. (The original  - & PROPER - Titanic story, black & white, made at Ealing Studios, 1958). Starred Kennerth Moore & Honor B lackman*.

The Railway Children. Originally a 1951 TV Series, then made into a film in the mid 50's.

Titchfield Thunderbolt. 1953 B & W film, about the closure of a British Rail branch line.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. 1954 film, B & W, my Sister forced me to go. Horrendous, I'm still scarred by it.

The Sound of Music Ugh, 1965, see above. Ugh ugh ugh.

The Beatles Films.

Watership Down. Ugh.

Jaws. I was courting, I had ulterior motives.

Jurassic Park. Ditto. She was nearly as ancient as these creatures.

Lock Stock & 2 whatsits. (Loved it).

S.natch*, by same director, Guy somebody, Madonna's knock off? Loved it.

Plump Friction. Adored it, seen it on my CD player about 100 times.

So, don't think I'm not a film expert - I am. Bring it on Hartigan, I'm ready.

* Both names Edited due to software filtering issues. Sorry Mods!
  • edited February 2010

Late news.

Producer Chris tells me he has got a few spot prizes for tonight's Show, I believe he has THREE free entries to Wednesday evening's Double Stack Main Event, so they are worth £11 each.

It's up to the Producer & Presenter to decide how the prizes are awarded, & as Mr Hartigan has not troubled us with his presence yet, (he's almost as bad as Orford) you'll have to wait until he arrives to see what the Prizes are given for.

But they WILL be e-Mail based, so send in your e-Mails NOW, or as soon as you like, about anything you want, & James will read out as many as time permits, & dish out those spot prizes as he sees fit.

The addy?

skyopen@bskyb.com

• edited February 2010
    It's interesting that you had ulterior motives for going to see "Jaws" and "Jurassic Park" yet you went willingly to see "Watership Down" without any expectation of getting a "reward"?
  • edited February 2010

Watership Down isn't great. If you're into a bit of rabbit then nothing comes close to seventies movie great, 'Night Of The Lepus'.

• edited February 2010
    It's interesting that you had ulterior motives for going to see "Jaws" and "Jurassic Park" yet you went willingly to see "Watership Down" without any expectation of getting a "reward"?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Rabbits. I like rabbits. I had a girlfriend who thought they were wonderful, too.

I like moles, too, a lot, but films about moles are thin on the ground. Interestingly, moles are not thin on the ground in Ireland - they don't have ANY. How fascinating & peculiar is that? 

This is a star-nosed mole. It's called that because it has a star-shaped nose. Tell me you are not impressed by that - go on, I dare you.

• edited February 2010

i thought the best 'rabbit' film was basic instinct'. Which also has beavers and pigs in btw. A lovely family film.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Rabbits. I like rabbits. I had a girlfriend who thought they were wonderful, too. I like mMoles, too, a lot, but films about moles are thin on the ground. Interestingly, moles are not thin on the ground in Ireland - they don't have ANY. How fascinating & peculiar is that?  This is a star-nosed mole. It's called that because it has a star-shaped nose. Tell me you are not impressed by that - go on, I dare you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't fancy yours much.
  • edited February 2010
    Late news. Producer Chris tells me he has got a few spot prizes for tonight's Show, I believe he has THREE free entries to Wednesday evening's Double Stack Main Event, so they are worth £11 each. It's up to the Producer & Presenter to decide how the prizes are awarded, & as Mr Hartigan has not troubled us with his presence yet, (he's almost as bad as Orford) you'll have to wait until he arrives to see what the Prizes are given for. But they WILL be e-Mail based, so send in your e-Mails NOW, or as soon as you like, about anything you want, & James will read out as many as time permits, & dish out those spot prizes as he sees fit. The addy? skyopen@bskyb.com
    Posted by Tikay10
    At least one spot prize will be awarded for the best answer to the following question...

If some Hollywood exec (in a moment of madness) green-lit 'Sky Poker: The Movie', who would you suggest he cast as Tikay & Orford?

Remember: you need to think of actors who can "open" a movie (A-listers), who look like the characters they're playing and have good on-screen chemistry.  It's tougher than you think!