You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PRIMO 28/02/2010

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010:
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Rabbits. I like rabbits. I had a girlfriend who thought they were wonderful, too. I like moles, too, a lot, but films about moles are thin on the ground. Interestingly, moles are not thin on the ground in Ireland - they don't have ANY. How fascinating & peculiar is that?  This is a star-nosed mole. It's called that because it has a star-shaped nose. Tell me you are not impressed by that - go on, I dare you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    'Wind In The Willows' is the only one that comes to mind. And that is a rather impressive nose...
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : At least one spot prize will be awarded for the best answer to the following question... If some Hollywood exec (in a moment of madness) green-lit 'Sky Poker: The Movie', who would you suggest he cast as Tikay & Orford? Remember: you need to think of actors who can "open" a movie (A-listers), who look like the characters they're playing and have good on-screen chemistry.  It's tougher than you think!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Laurel and Hardy?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : At least one spot prize will be awarded for the best answer to the following question... If some Hollywood exec (in a moment of madness) green-lit 'Sky Poker: The Movie', who would you suggest he cast as Tikay & Orford? Remember: you need to think of actors who can "open" a movie (A-listers), who look like the characters they're playing and have good on-screen chemistry.  It's tougher than you think!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    You're right, it's a tough one. I would say Ian McDiarmid for Tikay, although he'd need that Emperor makeup ;-) The best person to play Rich would have been Fred Gwynne, but sadly he's slipped from the A-list!
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay - Sean Connery
    Rich - Harrison Ford
    Like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where they were always arguing :)
  • edited February 2010
    I have got it!
    Doc + Marty out of Back to the future (Christopher Lloyd + Michael J Fox)

• edited February 2010
    Adam Sandler and Danny Devito !
  • edited February 2010
    Jack Benny and George Burns.

They could use make-up to age George Burns for the part.
  • edited February 2010
    Jack Benny and George Burns. They could use make-up to age George Burns for the part.
    Posted by _Woof_
    YYyyyyyyyesss
  • edited February 2010
    A-Listers, Hollywood standard... it can only be the Chuckle Brothers.
  • edited February 2010
    Thelma + Louise?
  • edited February 2010

PAUL HOGAN TO BE CAST AS TIKAY &

ROWAN ATKINSON TO BE CAST AS RICHARD (Or maybe RICHARD BACON)

• edited February 2010
    It has to be Samuel L Jackson as Orford and John Travolta as Tikay, adopting their Pulp Fiction personas Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega.
  • edited February 2010
    Remember: you need to think of actors who can "open" a movie (A-listers) in English please James
  • edited February 2010
    Oi, listen. I know more about Films than James's realises. I've even seen some.  I've seen ALL these films. A Night to Remember. (The original  - & PROPER - Titanic story, black & white, made at Ealing Studios, 1958). Starred Kennerth Moore & Honor B lackman*. The Railway Children. Originally a 1951 TV Series, then made into a film in the mid 50's. Titchfield Thunderbolt. 1953 B & W film, about the closure of a British Rail branch line. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers . 1954 film, B & W, my Sister forced me to go. Horrendous, I'm still scarred by it. The Sound of Music Ugh, 1965, see above. Ugh ugh ugh. The Beatles Films. Watership Down. Ugh. Jaws. I was courting, I had ulterior motives. Jurassic Park. Ditto. She was nearly as ancient as these creatures. Lock Stock & 2 whatsits. (Loved it). S.natch* , by same director, Guy somebody, Madonna's knock off? Loved it. Plump Friction . Adored it, seen it on my CD player about 100 times. So, don't think I'm not a film expert - I am. Bring it on Hartigan, I'm ready. * Both names Edited due to software filtering issues. Sorry Mods!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - wasn't Julie Newmar (aka the first ever Catwoman) in that? She's a bit of all right, can't be that bad a film!!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : It's not been decided yet Barry afaik. I think - think - I was a replacement for Trevor, & when Mother Hen spoke to me an hour or so ago, & asked if I could the Show tonight, she was then going to ring round & find a PTP-er for tonight. Maybe it is Trevor, but I'd be surprised if the Home Page were able to change & update that so quickly on a Sunday. Anyway, if I hear anything, I'll Post accordingly.
    Posted by Tikay10

If you are stuck - why not have a 'play the TPer' and if your really stuck why not a 'play the loony'
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - wasn't Julie Newmar (aka the first ever Catwoman) in that? She's a bit of all right, can't be that bad a film!!!
    Posted by Sky_Chris
    Now wrong Chris!

It featured the big star of the day (what does he do now, I wonder?) Howard Keel, & Julie Newmar had a role, too. She's 77 now! Even more astonishing, that photo was taken 3 years ago, when she was 74. They don't make Ladies like that any more, no false bits, what you see is what you get.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Rabbits. I like rabbits. I had a girlfriend who thought they were wonderful, too. I like moles, too, a lot, but films about moles are thin on the ground. Interestingly, moles are not thin on the ground in Ireland - they don't have ANY. How fascinating & peculiar is that?  This is a star-nosed mole. It's called that because it has a star-shaped nose. Tell me you are not impressed by that - go on, I dare you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This reminds me of a story last year about a well known DIY chain, that i wont mention, but whose name begins with B and ends in Q. They had in stock thousands of mole traps that they sent around the various stores in the UK, and a couple of months later, when checking stock takes in Northern Ireland, found the sales of this item was way down on the rest of the UK. That is when someone told them that there were no moles in ireland, and the manager in charge said but this is Northern Ireland lol. What really made me laugh though, was the fact that they had sold 20 of them, work that one out!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Now wrong Chris! It featured the big star of the day (what does he do now, I wonder?) Howard Keel, & Julie Newmar had a role, too. She's 77 now! Even more astonishing, that photo was taken 3 years ago, when she was 74. They don't make Ladies like that any more, no false bits, what you see is what you get.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah but i'm talking about Julie Newmar when she played Catwoman - nowadays she's perfect for you Tikay : )
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : This reminds me of a story last year about a well known DIY chain, that i wont mention, but whose name begins with B and ends in Q. They had in stock thousands of mole traps that they sent around the various stores in the UK, and a couple of months later, when checking stock takes in Northern Ireland, found the sales of this item was way down on the rest of the UK. That is when someone told them that there were no moles in ireland, and the manager in charge said but they were sent to Northern Ireland lol. What really made me laugh though, was the fact that they had sold 20 of them, work that one out!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    GREAT story Loony, on so many levels. Check out the Manager who said "ahh, well, we are NORTHERN Ireland"......like moles know the difference.....

But I can imagine it being a variation of the old shark-repellent joke, about sharks in the River Thames.

"Are these mole-traps effective?"

"Yes - when did you last see a mole in Ireland?".
  • edited February 2010
    Remember: you need to think of actors who can "open" a movie (A-listers) in English please James
    Posted by acebarry10
    Two words, Barry: BIG STARS!

And, crucially, big stars of 2010.  Alas, Paul Hogan (whilst being a 9/10 Tikay lookalike) hasn't been on the A-list since 1987 - and George Burns is dead!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Two words, Barry: BIG STARS! And, crucially, big stars of 2010.  Alas, Paul Hogan (whilst being a 9/10 Tikay lookalike) hasn't been on the A-list since 1987 - and George Burns is dead!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Surely that makes him an excellent nomination? :-)
  • edited February 2010
    The chuckle brothers get my vote.

Woof!   btw
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay would be played by the great Anthony Hopkins and Ostrich errmmm sorry Richard Orford by Daniel Radcliffe 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 28/02/2010 : Two words, Barry: BIG STARS! And, crucially, big stars of 2010.  Alas, Paul Hogan (whilst being a 9/10 Tikay lookalike) hasn't been on the A-list since 1987 - and George Burns is dead!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    So are you saying that crocodile dundee will not be shown on tele this year then?......gutted.

You best do some clarification of the rules before this thread turns into a fiasco!
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks James, but not being able to remember the last time I watched a movie, here is a complete guess, tikay=Leslie Nielsen and Geoge Clooney= Ostri... Orford :), and in answer to mabsue, Daniel Radcliffe is James Hartigan ;)
  • edited February 2010
    Adam Sandler for Richard and D ick van d yke for Tikay
  • edited February 2010
    adam sandler and sean connery!!
  • edited February 2010
    If I'm played by anyone other than Vince Vaughn or Ben Affleck I'm going to be very disappointed.

I'll take Daniel Day-Lewis, at a push. 

(Although given his legendary commitment to method acting, he'd probably spend a year in preparation for my character reading Christmas cracker jokes.)

Have a good show chaps.Good to see a light-hearted thread on here today!

PS-I think you should open the show with some controversial comments about the Total Player picks.

PPS- I'm kidding.
  • edited February 2010
    If I'm played by anyone other than Vince Vaughn or Ben Affleck I'm going to be v ery disappointed. I'll take Daniel Day-Lewis, at a push.  (Although given his legendary commitment to method acting, he'd probably spend a year in preparation for my character reading Christmas cracker jokes.) Have a good show chaps.Good to see a light-hearted thread on here today! PS-I think you should open the show with some controversial comments about the Total Player picks. PPS- I'm kidding.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Another troll!

Mods, ban plz!

PS - Thanks Rich. ;)
  • edited February 2010
    Ah Orford the Troll, I knew I'd seen him somewhere before.