You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter 4th March

I watched Sky Poker last night and could not understand what happened?.  Rosjimi had a Queen & a six, CJ111 had a five and a six, the five community cards were  10 10 6 3 5, so the way I thought it worked was Rosjimi only had a pair of sixes while CJ111 had two pair fives and sixes,but it was Rosjimi who won,It does'nt make sense to me and seems unfair.                                                                                                              Regards Alan

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Bounty Hunter 4th March:
    I watched Sky Poker last night and could not understand what happened?.  Rosjimi had a Queen & a six, CJ111 had a five and a six, the five community cards were  10 10 6 3 5, so the way I thought it worked was Rosjimi only had a pair of sixes while CJ111 had two pair fives and sixes,but it was Rosjimi who won,It does'nt make sense to me and seems unfair.                                                                                                              Regards Alan
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    There are two tens on the board so CJ111's pair of fives do not count. This is often referred to as "counterfeiting".

So, the winning hand is QTT66 which beats TT665 due to having a better "kicker".
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks, "counterfeiting" did'nt know anything about that,it was hard enough watching out for 'trappers,bluffers and the like' without bringing that into the equation Regards Alan.in Response to Re: Bounty Hunter 4th March:
    In Response to Bounty Hunter 4th March : There are two tens on the board so CJ111's pair of fives do not count. This is often referred to as "counterfeiting". So, the winning hand is QTT66 which beats TT665 due to having a better "kicker".
    Posted by MereNovice
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, there's plenty of jargon in poker like many other activities.
    As you watch more, you'll pick it up.
    If there's anything that you don't understand just ask a question on this forum and you should generally get a reasonable reply.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Bounty Hunter 4th March:
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    classic stuff alan lol
  • edited March 2010
    rossjiim must be cheating!!! He took my head on wednesday and thursday night!!! and FT'd both times!!!!

There must be summat dodgy going on ;)