You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Players who sit out

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

I think sky should start looking at these tables and players who consistantly sit out the game when they accumulate a few chips.Then deside to come back in when there in the money.I think its a disgrace.If this is the way poker is supossed to be played,then i think i'll start doing it myself,perhaps i'll start winning more games when on the last table.

COME ON SKY,PULL YER FINGER OUT,and do something about it.It's happening TOOOOOO often.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    why are you bothered? let em sit out, if it goes on and the blinds go up theyll have to play, besides, it means you can make moves without worrying about the chip leader taking you out. and you can just take there blinds.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Players who sit out:
      I think sky should start looking at these tables and players who consistantly sit out the game when they accumulate a few chips.Then deside to come back in when there in the money.I think its a disgrace.If this is the way poker is supossed to be played,then i think i'll start doing it myself,perhaps i'll start winning more games when on the last table.       COME ON SKY,PULL YER FINGER OUT,and do something about it.It's happening TOOOOOO often.
    Posted by charlyb8
    Stop moaning anad start playing. If anyone buy's  in it's up to the player what they do with their chips , as is any one else that buys in. You should be looking to capitalising on such players.

just get on with your game, and win....

• edited March 2010
    Ive done this once but it wasnt by choice, was in a cheap entry game and i wasnt feeling well, played two hands and only had a 200 chip profit, logged in the next day to find out id came second, oh they joys. Not something id ever do on a regular basis however.
  • edited March 2010
    I like players who sit out STTs and MTTs, in an ideal world I would have 5 of them at my table all the time.

What makes me laugh is when a numpty folds the SB to give the blinds to an away player on the BB, or a group of limpers check every street and an away player on the BB takes the pot.

I often see away players cash in low buy-in DYM's. IMO this tells you a lot more about the players who've been knocked out than the player who just sits it out.
  • edited March 2010
    So If I buy a ticket to a football match and I dont go, do you think they should re-sell my seat?

I Don't think so - I paid for it.
  • edited March 2010
    This is why i put this thread on to see what stupid answers id get to it. and by gum you didnt dissapoint me,

It nothing to do with moaning,i'm talking about about DS games.where they stay out for 2/3 hrs after accumulating chips.to be quite honest i dont really care what sky do if they want to run an untidy ship as they seem to be doing lately, then thats up to them.(its about time they got the vacuum cleaner out tho)I only play now and again for a bit of fun,so it dosent matter to me what happens.Its just a pity this site seems to be going down the drain,when it used to be such a good one.What with all the donks,chancers and idiots,that seem to be playing now,no wonder i dont play it like i used to.Can think of better things to do with my money and time.

You have your opinion and i have mine.So lets see what stupid and silly answers i get to this,because most will be.
                 ENJOY your so called poker and games,I wont be writting anything else because your always right
     and were wrong.                             

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players who sit out:
    This is why i put this thread on to see what stupid answers id get to it. and by gum you didnt dissapoint me,   It nothing to do with moaning,i'm talking about about DS games.where they stay out for 2/3 hrs after accumulating chips.to be quite honest i dont really care what sky do if they want to run an untidy ship as they seem to be doing lately, then thats up to them.(its about time they got the vacuum cleaner out tho)I only play now and again for a bit of fun,so it dosent matter to me what happens.Its just a pity this site seems to be going down the drain,when it used to be such a good one.What with all the donks,chancers and idiots,that seem to be playing now,no wonder i dont play it like i used to.Can think of better things to do with my money and time.             You have your opinion and i have mine.So lets see what stupid and silly answers i get to this,because most will be.              ENJOY your so called poker and games,I wont be writting anything else because your always right  and were wrong.                                                            
    Posted by charlyb8
    You consistently write rubbish on this forum.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with people playing tightly and many top players would adopt this as a tactic.
    You post badly constructed arguments and then object when people respond to them in the manner that they deserve.
  • edited March 2010
    What should Sky do, any suggestions?

Personally I don't sit out as I think it's rude to the other players, but that's just me. They pays their money, they makes their choices.

I do it a lot in live games though, win a nice pot and nip out for a ciggy. It really tilts some people.
  • edited March 2010

"Sitting-out" is......

Not wrong.

Not against the Rules.

Not bad etiquette.

Not cheating.

Not angle-shooting.

Not a moody.

Not frowned upon.

If Sky Poker are "going down the drain" by permitting it, so are every other poker site, & every Live Poker Tournament. ANY player, in ANY Tournament, ANYWHERE, is perfectly entitled to sit-out.

That has always been the case, too, it's not a recent innovation.
  • edited March 2010
    Tikay you my friend have hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sitting-out" is...... Not wrong. Not against the Rules. Not bad etiquette. Not cheating. Not angle-shooting. Not a moody. Not frowned upon. If Sky Poker are "going down the drain" by permitting it, so are every other poker site, & every Live Poker Tournament. ANY player, in ANY Tournament, ANYWHERE, is perfectly ntitled to sit-out. That has always been the case, too, it's not a recent innovation.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited March 2010

Charly, do you know what hundreds of players with nice chip stacks do when they approach the cash bubble in the biggest tournament in the world (WSOP ME)?

That's right, they go to the bar and have a chinwag while the small stacks get knocked out.

Also, players sitting out is an ADVANTAGE to the rest of the players at the table. Anyone who thinks otherwise is merely announcing to the rest of the world that s/he isn't very good at playing poker.

Of course, this is going to seem like a very "stupid and silly" answer to such a great player like yourself.

Man, I feel like such a muppet for embarrasing myself like this.
  • edited March 2010
    "Sitting-out" is...... Not wrong. Not against the Rules. Not bad etiquette. Not cheating. Not angle-shooting. Not a moody. Not frowned upon. If Sky Poker are "going down the drain" by permitting it, so are every other poker site, & every Live Poker Tournament. ANY player, in ANY Tournament, ANYWHERE, is perfectly ntitled to sit-out. That has always been the case, too, it's not a recent innovation.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank you Tikay you gave me the responce i wanted.So from now on i will accumulate chips in the first hour,then sit out untill the last 2/3 left on the last table as others do,that way im sure to come in the top 3 more often than not.I just thought i was playing the game as it should be but it seems i was wrong.Then again,i count myself as an honest player.

Bye the way,it was a privilage to play in the Tikay tounaments.and for you.
  • edited March 2010
    Tikay you my friend have hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Response to Re: Players who sit out :
    Posted by EDKENT123
    Without I hope being interpreted as being offensive surely the OP (original poster) hasn't grasped the game in full.    Having a big stack gives you flexibility and choices in the activities to "use" your stack.  If he chooss NOT to avail him/her self of such priviliges the risks are pretty obvious. If he/she chooses to take these risks why should it become a requirement for everyone else to follow.  I ask you to think again, although you seem to be saying sitting out is bad ettiquete as with many many other aspects it is a strategy that is as fair as any other.    
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players who sit out :   Thank you Tikay you gave me the responce i wanted.So from now on i will accumulate chips in the first hour,then sit out untill the last 2/3 left on the last table as others do,that way im sure to come in the top 3 more often than not.I just thought i was playing the game as it should be but it seems i was wrong.Then again,i count myself as an honest player.  Bye the way,it was a privilage to play in the Tikay tounaments.and for you.
    Posted by charlyb8
    Nice one Charlyb8.

Good man, all you have to do now is accumulate a nice big stack early doors. Which is the awkward bit......

Good luck with that, anyway.

By the way, if you want FRE ENTRY to this week's tikay Sleepie, there's a free-to-enter fun comp HERE.

Good luck. Sort of.
  • edited March 2010

hi
        i was in this game last nite thought guy was sitting out til cash he did make 2 all in appearences then disappeared for rest of nite so assumed he had fallen asleep had a great HU with dapper908 as for him sitting out figure thats just part of game

dapper lost connection a few times so i just waited for him to come back other guy tho just weren't there & charlyb8 enjoyed our battle m8 keep the faith

dtw
  • edited March 2010
    The reason some people sit out early on is so the "donks chancers and idiots"as you call em can blow each other out,get it? 
    Sick of hearing people moaning about people sitting out,if you cannot progress further than someone who is not there you shouldn't be playing imo..your wasting your money..
    Give me a table full of sit-outs any day..
  • edited March 2010
    I don't see anything wrong with someone who has accumulated a huge chips stack sitting out for a while, there have been several times that I have amassed a large chip stack only to see it dwindle faster than if I had sat out a while.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players who sit out :   Thank you Tikay you gave me the responce i wanted.So from now on i will accumulate chips in the first hour,then sit out untill the last 2/3 left on the last table as others do,that way im sure to come in the top 3 more often than not.I just thought i was playing the game as it should be but it seems i was wrong.Then again,i count myself as an honest player.  Bye the way,it was a privilage to play in the Tikay tounaments.and for you.
    Posted by charlyb8
    You count yourself a honest player,i have never met a GOOD honest player,you never steal,bluff ???

Any way many top pro players sit out and let the blinds pass through them when they need to re focus etc,
    And i know phil helmuth sits out the first couple of blinds in the wsop.
    Sitting out is part of poker mate whether you have just doubled up or just started..
  • edited March 2010
    This is why i put this thread on to see what stupid answers id get to it. and by gum you didnt dissapoint me,   It nothing to do with moaning,i'm talking about about DS games.where they stay out for 2/3 hrs after accumulating chips.to be quite honest i dont really care what sky do if they want to run an untidy ship as they seem to be doing lately, then thats up to them.(its about time they got the vacuum cleaner out tho)I only play now and again for a bit of fun,so it dosent matter to me what happens.Its just a pity this site seems to be going down the drain,when it used to be such a good one.What with all the donks,chancers and idiots,that seem to be playing now,no wonder i dont play it like i used to.Can think of better things to do with my money and time.             You have your opinion and i have mine.So lets see what stupid and silly answers i get to this,because most will be.              ENJOY your so called poker and games,I wont be writting anything else because your always right  and were wrong.                                                            
    Posted by charlyb8
    are you one?
  • edited March 2010
    Sitting out is not something i have ever done or ever will do.But there is nowt wrong with it either.dav
  • edited March 2010
    xfallenx... please dont PM me i don't want to speak to you... if you want to discuss a thread post it on here rather than PMing me saying:

'YAWN

BORING'
  • edited March 2010
    xfallenx... please dont PM me i don't want to speak to you... if you want to discuss a thread post it on here rather than PMing me saying: 'YAWN BORING'
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Why dont you just PM back and save us all this Nursey rubbish.
  • edited March 2010
    xfallenx... please dont PM me i don't want to speak to you... if you want to discuss a thread post it on here rather than PMing me saying: 'YAWN BORING'
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Love it!!!!

Crying on the forum looking 4 sympathy.

So Sad
  • edited March 2010
    lol keep it up guys
  • edited March 2010
    lol keep it up guys
    Posted by webby234
    Sorry Webby have better things 2 do like washing my hair.
  • edited March 2010
    fallen... your a massive donk who can't play poker... you come on here when you have deposited more money and come on the forums/PM to annoy me... im not interested!!! bug webby instead! he likes it ;)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    well out off order
  • edited March 2010
    fallen... your a massive donk who can't play poker... you come on here when you have deposited more money and come on the forums/PM to annoy me... im not interested!!! bug webby instead! he likes it ;)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    JUST SO SO SO SO GLAD I SAID NO 2 BEING UR FRIEND.......PMSL

ME THINKS SOMEBODY IS BITTER
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players who sit out : well out off order
    Posted by sara36dd08
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA i knew where there are 2 haters there is always a 3rd ;)...
    glad charlyb8, xfallenx and sara36dd08 are back together to try and create a big ol argument with poor lil me... so innocent ;)... lol... sara36dd08... i just love how you comment like that, just report me or something if im so out of order... or maybe just spell 'of' right next time :D:D:D
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players who sit out : JUST SO SO SO SAD GLAD I SAID NO 2 BEING UR FRIEND.......PMSL ME THINKS SOMEBODY IS BITTER
    Posted by xFALLENx
    im not bitter... i think this argument is funny... gets you sooo wound up haha. you only come on here to moan or to troll... your such a big part of this community, great input as usual :D your monthly trolling...
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players who sit out : AHAHAHAHAHAHA i knew where there are 2 haters there is always a 3rd ;)... glad charlyb8, xfallenx and sara36dd08 are back together to try and create a big ol argument with poor lil me... so innocent ;)... lol... sara36dd08... i just love how you comment like that, just report me or something if im so out of order... or maybe just spell 'of' right next time :D:D:D
    Posted by BlackFish3
    ok you asked for it yes i will report you for abusive behaviour to another forum member