You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry

13»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry:
    I'll Update the Thread in the morning guys, I'm a little tired right now, so I'm having an early night. I should be on PTP until Midnight, so don't say a word to the Suits, right? I hope nobody won the free entry, either! Night all.
    Posted by Tikay10
    tikay you dont really mean this do you? it is entry to your prestigious tikay sleepstack, i would imagine if anyone has won it they would be absolutely honoured to play in a tournament of that standard, last weeks was pretty impressive i might add. congrats on the fine performance in the primo tonight, smashing effort
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry:
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry : tikay you dont really mean this do you? it is entry to your prestigious tikay sleepstack, i would imagine if anyone has won it they would be absolutely honoured to play in a tournament of that standard, last weeks was pretty impressive i might add. congrats on the fine performance in the primo tonight, smashing effort
    Posted by webby234
    Hi Webby.

I was sort of joking - bearing in mind what I Posted when I made the offer......

"....The cost of the Free Entry is out of my pocket, not Sky Poker's (unless I can get all cooey-wooey with them & persuade them to pay), so when I say "good luck, I hope you win it", I actually mean, & hope you almost win it......"

In other words, if nobody won, I personally have saved myself £11!

I need to check now if anyone DID win it.

Thanks for the congrats, I was well pleased - & lucky - to cash.
  • edited March 2010

I've checked the Results, & I'm afraid there were NO correct predictions. Phew.......

Near-misses were recorded by FINS, who went for himself finishing 21st, & finished 29th.

Quite a few went for TIKAY10, & several hit the crossbar -

MADMOO - TIKAY10 46th

Norbit - TIKAY10, 44th

Agboy - TIKAY10, 43rd

KiwiN4u - TIKAY10, 45th

OnlyOneCT - TIKAY10, 59th

MereNovice, TIKAY10, 61st - having originally gone for 51st. He SOOOOO wanted me to Bubble. He was not far out, either.....

In fact, I finished 49th, for about £70.

Good fun that, & thank you to all those who entered. Amazingly, we got 51 Entries, which I was delighted with.

I'll try & devise a Fun-Comp for each of my PTP Nights. And one where nobody wins.......

Thanks again.

• edited March 2010
    Very well done on your cash.
    With the excitement of Supernova winning, I've just about got over the disappointment of you not bubbling. :-)
    My other "tip" was Supernova to finish 6th so I think that I might turn full time tipster.
  • edited March 2010
    Well done on your cash tikay, was a pleasure to rail you as always :)
  • edited March 2010
    Very well done on your cash. With the excitement of Supernova winning, I've just about got over the disappointment of you not bubbling. :-) My other "tip" was Supernova to finish 6th so I think that I might turn full time tipster.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Ahh, bless. With 61 left, I could feel your run-bad anti-railing vibes!

You must have been non-plussed when I managed to shove first with K-Q suited, only to get snap-called by J-J, & then, unbelievably, again by A-J, lol.

Send the A-K-Q flop, & luckbox tikay scoops. Slightly embarrassingly, I confess.

I felt for the guy with J-J, though it was a standard race I suppose, but the third-to-act call all-in with A-J, was, well, not exactly optimal, imo.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry : Ahh, bless. With 61 left, I could feel your run-bad anti-railing vibes! You must have been non-plussed when I managed to shove first with K-Q suited, only to get snap-called by J-J, & then, unbelievably, again by A-J, lol. Send the A-K-Q flop, & luckbox tikay scoops. Slightly embarrassingly, I confess. I felt for the guy with J-J, though it was a standard race I suppose, but the third-to-act call all-in with A-J, was, well, not exactly optimal, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I guess he'd been watching too many of LML's training videos.  :-)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry : I guess he'd been watching too many of LML's training videos.  :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    Just to put you in the picture Vince, Tikay's EXIT hand in the £75 freezeout down Luton on Friday night was.................

AJ........
    (he will prob deny it though but trust me, i was on his table. And I am sure we had a LL bet between us two but alas, I am still waiting for him to pay me)        :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry : Just to put you in the picture Vince, Tikay's EXIT hand in the £75 freezeout down Luton on Friday night was................. AJ........ (he will prob deny it though but trust me, i was on his table. And I am sure we had a LL bet between us two but alas, I am still waiting for him to pay me)        :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    True, I confess.

The hand was a bit odd really. I was short, Gent made it 7,000 or so, leaving 1k behind, I shoved for about 7,200 - he then dwelled up for ages, reminding me that he was not all-in. "But you only have 1k behind" I said.  Eventually, after a minute or so, he called. With A-Q..........

I nearly fainted when I saw his hand, given the dwellage!
  • edited March 2010
    5toneface 110th
    Posted by imacert
    This was the closet, I came 109th. Next time can you say I will come 2nd, then I will win :-)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - not so clever. But you CAN win a Free Tourney Entry : This was the closet, I came 109th. Next time can you say I will come 2nd, then I will win :-)
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Hit the crossbar!

Unlucky stoneface. We'll do more of these on my PTP nights, & I hope that next time, you win the prize.