You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pretending to be "away"

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pretending to be "away":
    In Response to Re: Pretending to be "away" : There you go - end of thread. Next case.
    Posted by Tikay10
    why is this the end of the thread?....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Pretending to be "away":
    I have just come out of a DYM £11 buy in, where two players pretended to be away on several occasions and waited until people had made their move then suddenly became active when it was their turn. I feel this is totally wrong, but what do you all think ?? 1st guy doing this went out 1st, but the 2nd guy went on to knock out the two other people fair enough i cashed, but he was away when the 2nd player to leave was short stacked and went all in to a guys bb who was "away". so ultimately is this against the rules or just bad etiquette ??
    Posted by Darlomike
    i think its a sneaky way to try and gain an advantage..but plenty of players use that tactic on this site..the softwear shouldent allow it ..  if u are sat out you shouldent even be delt any cards in my view .and as for the end of the thread post..  shocking.....whos to say its the end of the thread like????  i no you do a lot for this site and the community tk and respect for that mate but diddent realise it was you who decides when any of the threads are ended.   gl  all
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pretending to be "away":
    In Response to Pretending to be "away" : i think its a sneaky way to try and gain an advantage..but plenty of players use that tactic on this site..the softwear shouldent allow it ..  if u are sat out you shouldent even be delt any cards in my view .and as for the end of the thread post..  shocking.....whos to say its the end of the thread like????  i no you do a lot for this site and the community tk and respect for that mate but diddent realise it was you who decides when any of the threads are ended.   gl  all
    Posted by zxghostxz
    I think you took that wrong zxghostxz. I don't decide when threads should or should end, never have & never will. I part own & manage another large Poker Forum elsewhere which has hundreds of thousands of threads, & we've never closed a Thread yet, except for purposes of non-compliance via Moderators.

"End Thread" is an expression common to all Forums (Fora), but particularly contemporary poker forums, when someone makes a post that is so devestatingly accurate (IMO, I hasten to add) in it's simplicity, clarity, & articulation, that it demolishes all argument beyond debate in the minds of rational people, & it "kills" the debate stone-cold dead.

The street-expression for that is "/end thread".

I thought that a particularly apposite comment as to Mere Novices Post.

The thread remains open, but Mere has pretty much killed any debate by his strength of argument & concise logic. IMO.......