You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MENTORS, TUITION, POKER LESSONS

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Nice smooth call, under the gun from cossyboy set you up nicely!
    he got the 2 x raise & two callers .. and sarah's bounty possibilty....perfect for his allie,alllie
    two folds in front of you, meybe with similar hands to ya, had ur option to fold, left you with 2100
    I would have been puttin him massive, AA KK QQ nuff chips in, not wanting to let others see flop!
    Sarahs bounty & pot size pushed u to call obvs hoping he had AK, AQ,or worse etc
    Think u could have put it down, but was close!! without the other 2xcallers harder to let go, he may have looked like buying pot, but it looked a confident Allie to me......sorry mate, hopefully tried to be constructive,and meybe sound more mental than mentor!! but how was that for my first hand assessment? worth £300 lol
    kiddin, have that one on me!
  • edited March 2010
    That's a remarkable play by cossyboy with the AA in this instance.
    Since sara36dd in the bb will definitely be all-in and there is value in trying to take the bounty, it is very likely that there will be multiple callers after the UTG limp.
    If no-one else raises and the bb goes aipf, it will be an under-raise and hence cossyboy will not be able to re-raise to thin the field.
    To me it seems a very high risk strategy to hope that someone else will raise pre-flop to isolate.
    Essentially, cossyboy is risking playing AA 6-way which can't be a good thing when he could just take sara36dd's bounty with a pre-flop shove.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: MENTORS, TUITION, POKER LESSONS:
    Nice smooth call, under the gun from cossyboy set you up nicely! he got the 2 x raise & two callers .. and sarah's bounty possibilty....perfect for his allie,alllie two folds in front of you, meybe with similar hands to ya, had ur option to fold, left you with 2100 I would have been puttin him massive, AA KK QQ nuff chips in, not wanting to let others see flop! Sarahs bounty & pot size pushed u to call obvs hoping he had AK, AQ,or worse etc Think u could have put it down, but was close!! without the other 2xcallers harder to let go, he may have looked like buying pot, but it looked a confident Allie to me......sorry mate, hopefully tried to be constructive,and meybe sound more mental than mentor!! but how was that for my first hand assessment? worth £300 lol kiddin, have that one on me!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    I think he played it well to be fair i really thought he was trying to protect the short stack for the head and nick the big pot there and then with a decent ace !!  looking back now and seeing peoples comments i can see it in a different light ?

The flat call is what swayed me to think he was trying his luck so i was in a coin flip against ak aq ect ect  again as we can see that was a mile off ( if some 1 else calls i am out of the pot anyway so i should never of been in the situation in the 1st place) i  was seeing nice pot and head  prize and not my true cards !!!!

lesson learnt

monkey123

• edited March 2010
    I Laid down a pocket pair in that hand, it was a little too crowded for me to hop 9's would stand. Just thought i'd let you know what you put your str8 draw and overpair down to as well monkey. I had Pocket Aces with the heart to complete the backdoor nut flush if a heart came.

Didn't want to say at the table and the hand never made it on telly  so thought i'd let you know.
  • edited March 2010
    I Laid down a pocket pair in that hand, it was a little too crowded for me to hop 9's would stand. Just thought i'd let you know what you put your str8 draw and overpair down to as well monkey. I had Pocket Aces with the heart to complete the backdoor nut flush if a heart came. Didn't want to say at the table and the hand never made it on telly  so thought i'd let you know.
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    CONGRATULATIONS LAST NIGHT

you had a blinder nice to start out on your table too !! even tho one of the 1st flops was AA8 i smelt a rat lol
    that was a bad call looking back from me, but the more people folded the harder the lay down was (on my exit hand) good fold from me then with you aces .

thanks again monkey123
  • edited March 2010

Cheers Monkey, I was a little disapointed at my exit to be honest, I debated it. I couldn't just raise as i knew wookie would come over the top of me with a wide range, thought i'd take the option away and just shove to pick up the blinds. Thinking about it i would of rather waited another orbit to try a similar move when wookie was out of the blinds but what can you do.

The Rat you smelled turned out to be correct as you saw but that early in the tourny it was very dificult to get any money out of those quads anyway lol

GL on the tables and maybe well meet again in tonights main event :)

Chris

• edited March 2010

I'll be watching this post with interest too as I have been looking at various methods for over a year now and have accumulated alot of erm stuff (pm me if you like if, if I have something that you'd like to borrow you are welcome!)
    The one thing I learned early on and I cannot stress this enough is look hard at the best method of learning and retaining information for YOUR brain. It's different stokes for different folks, the 3 main tools are reading, listening and watching - mine was a combination.
    For some it is books, I however or rather my brain had trouble reading/digesting/retaining. My way forward with the maths was a great friend with a maths brain who could explain via voice in easy to understand english, and with strategy and scenarios was watching pro instructional video's.

Shaz -xXx-
  • edited March 2010

I'll be watching this post with interest too as I have been looking at various methods for over a year now and have accumulated alot of erm stuff (pm me if you like if, if I have something that you'd like to borrow you are welcome!) The one thing I learned early on and I cannot stress this enough is look hard at the best method of learning and retaining information for YOUR brain. It's different stokes for different folks, the 3 main tools are reading, listening and watching - mine was a combination. For some it is books, I however or rather my brain had trouble reading/digesting/retaining. My way forward with the maths was a great friend with a maths brain who could explain via voice in easy to understand english, and with strategy and scenarios was watching pro instructional video's. Shaz -xXx-
    Posted by SUPERNOVA
    SUPERSUPERSUPERNOVA

Congratulations on your amazing win taking down the BIG ONE you must be doing something correct lol
    thanks alot for your offer to pm i am sure i will at some point very soon !!!! thanks for the comment too all info is good info imo i need to work on playing position if you got anything in your locker

monkey123