You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pin the tail on the donkey!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    211th and as previously stated. A job on saturday...you gotta be kidding...
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    210th for Orford tonight
  • edited March 2010
    99TH
    DIDNT HAVE SATURDAY JOB, SUNDAY JOB BOTTLING UP THEN WASHING UP AT A CLUB/RESTUARANT
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey!:
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! : I did a summer in McDonalds. Never quite managed to work my way up to serving customers at the counter- I was kept on trash duty and flipping burgers. I left after 3 months with no stars on my badge. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that. Wimpys? Weird chain.  One always assumes they died out in the 80s, but every now and then you see a random one knockng about in a forgotten high street.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    THERE ONE ON THE M27 AT ROWNHAMS SERVICES BY SOTHAMPTON PAST IT ON A DAY TRIP TO MONKEY WORLD DECIDED HAVE TO HAVE ONE ON THE WAY BACK THOUGHT ABOUT IT MOUTH WATERING ALL DAY. IT WAS MANC BURGERS BURNT BUN DRY AS A NUNS.
    THERE ONE IN LITTLEHAMPTON THATS NICE IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO SAMPLE THE BEAUTIES OF L.A.
  • edited March 2010
    I think with your current form you could get 28th (and get 3 bounties)... good luck.

• edited March 2010

I think you will reach the pokertastic heights of 101.

I use to be a sky poker analyst on a Saturday, but I just could not live with the shame, so resigned and went to work in Woolworths as a store room boy and floor assistant!!  Hours on end talking nonsence to people, dealing with confused old people and chatting up the female staff...............no difference really !!
  • edited March 2010
    IF  you  play  your  (A) game ..  hmmm   10th

Saturday Job  at  school..

Working  in a fishing tackle shop ..

Cleaning up maggots ( 3 gallons of em  at  a time) for the customers  and other such  wriggly bait things.. (poooooooooooooooo
    Hence why I never had a girlfriend  till  I left school and that shop.   :))
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! : I did a summer in McDonalds. Never quite managed to work my way up to serving customers at the counter- I was kept on trash duty and flipping burgers. I left after 3 months with no stars on my badge. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that. Wimpys? Weird chain.  One always assumes they died out in the 80s, but every now and then you see a random one knockng about in a forgotten high street.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Oi!

They were THE original burger chain in the UK, long before those upstarts from MacDonalds & Burger King arrived.

It was a big do to visit a Wimpy when I was a teenager, & trying to impress a girl. I had my first shake in a Wimpy, too.

There was a Wimpy in Richmond, & we went & saw the Rolling Stones at Richmond Jazz Club - before they were famous - & then bumped into them in the Wimpy later. 
  • edited March 2010
    your due a decent run rich so im gonna take a chance that you can last a lot longer than usual and predict tonight rich you will finish 400th!!!
  • edited March 2010
    your due a decent run rich so im gonna take a chance that you can last a lot longer than usual and predict tonight rich you will finish 400th!!!
    Posted by webby234
    Like your style Webby, though you are a tad more optimistic than I was.
  • edited March 2010
    37th Good luck x
  • edited March 2010
    62nd, good luck
  • edited March 2010
    225th for the Ostrich tonight wth Tk heckling all night you bound to crack lol
  • edited March 2010
    I'm going to go for 168th and My Saturday Job was at our local Bowling Alley, Uniform was a retina burning yellow polo shirt with dark blue trim & lettering accompanied by a fetching blue baseball cap (as i was less than 5ft at the time and skinny as a rake non of this fit me and i looked like a right plum!)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Bright yellow, with dark blue trim, 5ft tall and skinny?

Are you sure you weren't one of the skittles?

;)
  • edited March 2010
    121st Door to door cream salesman (yes cream!! whipped, double single - you name it) Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro

Door-to-door cream salesman?

I feel a euphemism coming on here...

Popular with the lonely housewives by any chance?
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    223 rd gl m8, my job house painting and sadly is still my job now ..........
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! : Door-to-door cream salesman ? I feel a euphemism coming on here... Popular with the lonely housewives by any chance?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Reminds me of the great Billy Bragg: "I am the milkman of human kindness, I will leave an extra pint".
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! : THERE ONE ON THE M27 AT ROWNHAMS SERVICES BY SOTHAMPTON PAST IT ON A DAY TRIP TO MONKEY WORLD DECIDED HAVE TO HAVE ONE ON THE WAY BACK THOUGHT ABOUT IT MOUTH WATERING ALL DAY. IT WAS MANC BURGERS BURNT BUN DRY AS A NUNS. THERE ONE IN LITTLEHAMPTON THATS NICE IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO SAMPLE THE BEAUTIES OF L.A.
    Posted by BADBOY985

Lol- yeah, they never quite took off in this country did they?

Remember Spud-U-Like as well? I think that was ahead of it's time. Bit too healthy for the 80s!

Btw, you mention Monkey World there. Now THAT would be a cool Saturday job.
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! : I think you will reach the pokertastic heights of 101. I use to be a sky poker analyst on a Saturday, but I just could not live with the shame, so resigned and went to work in Woolworths as a store room boy and floor assistant!!  Hours on end talking nonsence to people, dealing with confused old people and chatting up the female staff...............no difference really !!
    Posted by SirSimon
    Haha! Oh my god , I'm perfectly qualified then for a job in Woolies. Pity the whole chain has gone belly-up really.

Shame, I'd have quite liked a spot on the record counter, I always thought that looked like the cushy number.

And then when I got bored of that I'd ask for a transfer to the Pick N Mix...
  • edited March 2010
    Sadly Rich I have to be at work for 8pm today so I cannot cheer you on.

However I have set the show to record from 10 so I can see the hand replays of your amazing skills.

I would wish you good luck but we both know you don't need it.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! : Rock on! Maybe you should say the S & M Belt store, to liven it up a bit ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    S&M Belt store lol that's what i was supposed to put silly me or was it M&S ?? WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT I DID IT !!!! LOL
  • edited March 2010
    IF  you  play  your  (A) game ..  hmmm   10th Saturday Job  at  school.. Working  in a fishing tackle shop .. Cleaning up maggots ( 3 gallons of em  at  a time) for the customers  and other such  wriggly bait things.. (poooooooooooooooo Hence why I never had a girlfriend  till  I left school and that shop.   :))
    Posted by bennydip2

Hats off Benny- that is proper grim.

Beat that people!
  • edited March 2010

rich to finish 278th

as a job i think anne summers dressing room attendent would have rich in his element
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Pin the tail on the donkey! :   It was a big do to visit a Wimpy when I was a teenager,
    Posted by Tikay10

And Tikay's telling porkies again.

I've checked the history books and there's NO mention of a Wimpy's franchise in late medieval Britain. 
  • edited March 2010
    103rd

bouncer at a pogo stick factory...........
  • edited March 2010
    223 rd gl m8, my job house painting and sadly is still my job now ..........
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Lol Mickey- well at least it's not your paper round...

;)