You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

saras sports quiz

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz:
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : guess, Ron Greenwood, Ray Clemence 74/75 ish Still Need an answer to cmh's question too !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    sorry mate wrong
  • edited December 2010
      ok next   lets think   who was the manager and who was the goalie the last time bobby moore played for england?   dont think weve had this one before
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Was the goalie Peter shilton?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : guess, Ron Greenwood, Ray Clemence 74/75 ish Still Need an answer to cmh's question too !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    last clue:- when he was everton manager he was sacked in the back of a taxi, thats where the saying "taxi for           " comes from
  • edited December 2010
    Keeper, Bonetti? Manager Revie?

Bit before my time.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : last clue:- when he was everton manager he was sacked in the back of a taxi, thats where the saying "taxi for           " comes from
    Posted by cmh-1965
    just text that clue to a mate of Ronnie Goodlass, Jimmy, and he's text back 'John Carey', must admit i've never heard of him! is it right or is it a wind-up !! LOL
  • edited December 2010
    Keeper, Bonetti? Manager Revie? Bit before my time.
    Posted by harding10
    sorry mate but your wrong
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : just text that clue to a mate of Ronnie Goodlass, Jimmy, and he's text back 'John Carey', must admit i've never heard of him! is it right or is it a wind-up !! LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    You owe jimmy a pint, correct. he was quite a legend in his day.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : You owe jimmy a pint, correct. he was quite a legend in his day.
    Posted by cmh-1965
    Jimmy may still be on 'Diamond Whites', if u can still get em, will buy him a few next time i follow fulham to anfield/goodison......hopefully not tranmere across the water lol !!
  • edited December 2010
    The last time Bobby Moore played for England Sylvester Stallone was in goal and Michael Caine was the manager.

Was in the film Escape to Victory.

Steve
  • edited December 2010
    The last time Bobby Moore played for England Sylvester Stallone was in goal and Michael Caine was the manager. Was in the film Escape to Victory. Steve
    Posted by bigbiker22
    correct damn thought i have hitman on that for weeks

ok next

who is camron hodgkins?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct damn thought i have hitman on that for weeks ok next who is camron hodgkins?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Nice one Steve, been askin a few people, but all too full of christmas spirit, not a sensible answer amongst them, must be the company i keep !!

Camron WHO ??
  • edited December 2010

In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Nice one Steve, been askin a few people, but all too full of christmas spirit, not a sensible answer amongst them, must be the company i keep !! Camron WHO ??
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    he is a guy i worked with at lords on the groundstaff he came across from oz to work for the summer

he is now the head groundsman at the mcg

not to sure what im doing at the moment am totalley fed up with sky and the fixing of hands

will keep the quiz going

just rearly low at the moment

sky has to sort out the way cards are delt theres to meny miracle cards

sorry hitman elsa and all the others who like to banter and post questions

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : he is a guy i worked with at lords on the groundstaff he came across from oz to work for the summer he is now the head groundsman at the mcg not to sure what im doing at the moment am totalley fed up with sky and the fixing of hands will keep the quiz going just rearly low at the moment sky has to sort out the way cards are delt theres to meny miracle cards sorry hitman elsa and all the others who like to banter and post questions
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Sara !! SAME SAME !! I have never had such a bad run in 2 years playin sky ! LOL

took ma nephew & his mates paintballin yesterday, so have had two days off, will find out if its helped tonight, & let u know !!

Keep ya chin up !! .....& the questions coming ....GL !!
  • edited January 2011
    Sara, hope the results have improved a bit, mine have slightly lol !!

But Fulham won 3-0 last nite, so who cares about poker !!

NEW QUESTION !!!

WHO SCORED the premiership 'GOAL OF THE SEASON' 1999/200? clue, was in March 2000

ps have edited/ corrected this date as i couldna even get the question rite !!! let alone any answers
  • edited January 2011
    Sara, hope the results have improved a bit, mine have slightly lol !!  But Fulham won 3-0 last nite, so who cares about poker !! NEW QUESTION !!! WHO SCORED the premiership 'GOAL OF THE SEASON' 09/10? clue, was in March 2010
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

COME ON PEOPLE!!

That question aint that hard !!!

It was a volley,........ Body shape, balence, poise, imagination & belief all spring to mind !! ................               ............................................[like me at a poker table, lol]
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : COME ON PEOPLE!!  That question aint that hard !!! It was a volley,........ Body shape, balence, poise, imagination & belief all spring to mind !! ................               ............................................[like me at a poker table, lol]
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Was it Maynor figueroa of Wigan
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Was it Maynor figueroa of Wigan
    Posted by norfolkice
    No, but good try!!  Bit of Help, He was an Italian !!
  • edited January 2011

hi people

carry on with hitmans posts im off to vegas sunday so will be away

easy question

what team has held the fa cup for the most consecutive years ?
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : No, but good try!!  Bit of Help, He was an Italian !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    hit mate was it zabeleta
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : hit mate was it zabeleta
    Posted by sara36dd08
    No Sara sry!!

gl in Vegas!! Hope u Spank some Yanks !! LOL

Think have heard ur question before, was is Portsmouth, wont say why, lol
  • edited January 2011
    Sara, hope the results have improved a bit, mine have slightly lol !!  But Fulham won 3-0 last nite, so who cares about poker !! NEW QUESTION !!! WHO SCORED the premiership 'GOAL OF THE SEASON' 09/10? clue, was in March 2010
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

is this your interpretation of goal of the season or was it actually awarded goal of the season cause i thought the goal from maynor figueroa was given goal of the season that year but he isnt italian.... only italians i can think of is macheda or diamanti for west ham
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : is this your interpretation of goal of the season or was it actually awarded goal of the season cause i thought the goal from maynor figueroa was given goal of the season that year but he isnt italian.... only italians i can think of is macheda or diamanti for west ham
    Posted by delaney09
    OMG !! what a quiz c.ock-up !! am such an eriott, as the chinese character in Benny Hill would say!!

Meant to be goal of the season 99/00 lol scored in march 2000!!! dont no how i did that!!

Was voted so in ALL the polls !! Got mi vote as well

thnx Del !!

ps was against Wimbledon, so that dates it rite !!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : OMG !! what a quiz c.ock-up !! am such an eriott, as the chinese character in Benny Hill would say!! Meant to be goal of the season 99/00 lol scored in march 2000!!! dont no how i did that!! Was voted so in ALL the polls !! Got mi vote as well thnx Del !! ps was against Wimbledon, so that dates it rite !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Di Canio?

Here in its glory......

Hey hitman.....prediction for the week end? Do you think Stoke will put 3,4, or 5 past Fulham??? :))))

BE LOYAL BE PROUD BE STOKE
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Di Canio? Here in its glory...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUh-NcHi5ug Hey hitman.....prediction for the week end? Do you think Stoke will put 3,4, or 5 past Fulham??? :)))) BE LOYAL BE PROUD BE STOKE
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Correct Max !!!

Saturday hmmmmmm... as we won at your place 2/3 weeks ago mi heart will be sayin Fulham win, maybe 2-0,

but our potential to find a draw from the jaws of both defeat & victory means mi brain would advise a friend towards maybe a 1-1!!

I so envoke the 'Dembele' clause............

If he plays... 2 or 3 nil to us... if he does not 1-1, johnson & etuhu og!!
    Cause u ain't good enuf to score at the cottage, LOL,
    [unless from a throw-in,  he adds keepin his options open] LOL
  • edited January 2011
    Just watched the di canio goal and this was the next clip advertised.....Dont even remember this one but it has got to be one of the best I have seen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q0ANjqm0YY&NR=1&feature=fvwp
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Correct Max !!! Saturday hmmmmmm... as we won at your place 2/3 weeks ago mi heart will be sayin Fulham win, maybe 2-0, but our potential to find a draw from the jaws of both defeat & victory means mi brain would advise a friend towards maybe a 1-1!! I so envoke the 'Dembele' clause............   If he plays... 2 or 3 nil to us... if he does not 1-1, johnson & etuhu og!! Cause u ain't good enuf to score at the cottage, LOL, [unless from a throw-in,  he adds keepin his options open] LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Ahem!!!.........Dembele played.......the score...2-0..............I THANK YOU   !!!!!!!!

Rite, while Sara in vegas Spanking Yanks, we need some sports questions from the floor to keep this quiz cracking on!!!

Come on Max!! Stoke have an illustruous history, we aint had a Stoke question yet dont think?

And alll you other sports fans........

" Let's be avin You...come On"  !!!!!!

New question..... WHO SAID THE ABOVE,[after a glass or two of wine] !!       see easy is it not !!
  • edited January 2011
    Portsmouth held the FA Cup for the most consecutive seasons. They won it just before WW2 started and the real FA Cup was suspended until after the war.

Steve
  • edited January 2011
    Portsmouth held the FA Cup for the most consecutive seasons. They won it just before WW2 started and the real FA Cup was suspended until after the war. Steve
    Posted by bigbiker22
    Correct Comrade!! N1 Steve
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Ahem!!!.........Dembele played.......the score...2-0..............I THANK YOU   !!!!!!!! Rite, while Sara in vegas Spanking Yanks, we need some sports questions from the floor to keep this quiz cracking on!!! Come on Max!! Stoke have an illustruous history, we aint had a Stoke question yet dont think? And alll you other sports fans........      " Let's be avin You...come On"  !!!!!! New question..... WHO SAID THE ABOVE,[after a glass or two of wine] !!       see easy is it not !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

A drunken delia smith.
    Here's another one.
    Which football manager, when asked about violence at foolball ground said "Fooball hooligans, well there's 92 chairman for a start". 

chris
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : A drunken delia smith. Here's another one. Which football manager, when asked about violence at foolball ground said "Fooball hooligans, well there's 92 chairman for a start".            chris
    Posted by cmh-1965
    Correct cmh!!

Tommy Doherty maybe!!

ps just won the sun £22 DS yipppeee!!!!