You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RAKE FREE POKER

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: RAKE FREE POKER:
    In Response to Re: RAKE FREE POKER : No, no, no. No. No no. No. It's not negative, it's fact, based on experience. As recently as this year. And they will - can, & have - steal your deposits. You need to bear in mind something which I think you may have not taken into account. Most of the Sites which offer these unsustainable carrots are "regulated" in places like Belize, (where?) Mauritius, Antigua, & other such places where are completely beyond any reasonable legal jurisdiction. You have no legal redress, their offers are worthless, & then can scam you at will. And DO. But thry keep popping up, & gullible souls keep falling for it. It's very sad, but all I can do is warn people. Stick to reputable sites - & I'm not just saying Sky Poker, there are many. They do not offer unsustainable offers because it makes no sense, & is not do-able. Much of Internet Poker is un-regulated. I hope everybody understands that, but if they want to go the route you are suggesting, well gg them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    nooooo i understand how bad some sites are, i was basically just attacking the phrase 'if its too good to be true then it probably is' and not just in the poker context... i think its better to look into something that sounds good but be careful because it COULD be bad... please please please could you do a blog on poker scams etc... anything like that you have experienced, i really enjoy reading your blogs.
  • edited March 2010
    so it is rake free if you are losing then right?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: RAKE FREE POKER : nooooo i understand how bad some sites are, i was basically just attacking the phrase 'if its too good to be true then it probably is' and not just in the poker context... i think its better to look into something that sounds good but be careful because it COULD be bad... please please please could you do a blog on poker scams etc... anything like that you have experienced, i really enjoy reading your blogs.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I will, though it seems few people realise how bad, or seriously "sharp", these unregulated sites are, especially when folks only see $$ signs instead of common-sense.

caveat emptor
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    correct
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    No. Rake is not, ever, anywhere, charged if you lose. That is not "rake-free", it is just not applicable.

"Rake-Free Poker" by definition, means rake (or "commission") is not charged on what are known as "raked hands".
  • edited March 2010
    are skypoker going to do any rakeback deals tikay?
  • edited March 2010
    Wow i don't beleive that this question generated debate. I assumed everybody would just not this is not ronseal - (Doesn't do what it says on the tin)

This is not a good thing lol - as TK says the only type of site that could be calssed as "Rake Free" would be if the site charged No Fees - Anywhere - Ever.

Like i say if you win big in any tournies etc you personally are paying the rake on the WHOLE first prizr rather than your contribution to it.

NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH
  • edited March 2010
    are skypoker going to do any rakeback deals tikay?
    Posted by crow01
    I've no idea, they currently do "Cash for Points", which, many might say, amounts to the same thing.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow i don't beleive that this question generated debate. I assumed everybody would just not this is not ronseal - (Doesn't do what it says on the tin) This is not a good thing lol - as TK says the only type of site that could be calssed as "Rake Free" would be if the site charged No Fees - Anywhere - Ever. Like i say if you win big in any tournies etc you personally are paying the rake on the WHOLE first prizr rather than your contribution to it. NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Sanity, at last!

It seems that people try to justify the mickey-mouse sites, well, good luck to them. As some of you know, I have bitter personal experience of this.

I'm not even saying "stick to Sky Poker", I'm saying stick to names you can trust, on Sites which are properly regulated, within traditional legal juridstictions.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: RAKE FREE POKER : I've no idea, they currently do "Cash for Points", which, many might say, amounts to the same thing.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i see your point, there are a lot of sites that do offer rakeback deals with the big poker rooms though.....
    have you ever had any experience with these because 30% rakeback sounds pretty good to me....
    especialy if your grinding all day long....
    or is this just another scam???
    not that i would revert to another site of course....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: RAKE FREE POKER : i see your point, there are a lot of sites that do offer rakeback deals with the big poker rooms though..... have you ever had any experience with these because 30% rakeback sounds pretty good to me.... especialy if your grinding all day long.... or is this just another scam??? not that i would revert to another site of course....
    Posted by crow01
    Yes - all reputable poker rooms offer some form of incentive to their Clients, including Sky Poker. Different sites dress it up different ways. All offer incentives in some shape or form.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: RAKE FREE POKER : No. Rake is not, ever, anywhere, charged if you lose. That is not "rake-free", it is just not applicable. "Rake-Free Poker" by definition, means rake (or "commission") is not charged on what are known as "raked hands".
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol its just technicalities... if you lose all your money you dont pay rake, if you win and then withdraw you do pay rake... i guess it's good for recreational losing players?