You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with tables

Yo yo,

Have had some more issues with tables behavingly oddly today. Have been trying to see how many tables chrome can accommodate and how the computer runs at those differing numbers. 

I opened up a few more tables and was on the list for a few more, one table I got seated at and waited for my bb, my bb came and it 'timed me out posting my blinds'?? and this happened 3 orbits in a row, at the same time another table had me as taking a seat but then it wouldn't allow me to add money but the seat was filled. The auto post, wait etc are ticked and it looks like i'm sitting but then when I look again someone else is in my seat and I cant join the list and I have to shut the table (im still being offered stand as an option except of course im not sitting).

Now this is in chrome which is obviously not supported, however it is a) a great browser b) it runs sky the best ftw! and c) regardless of whether it is supported or not it would be good to get an idea of if sky know why this could happen. Server slowdown? claiming it's something at my end? too many tables or what.

I think I had 13 tables open other than the two I was having problems with. Image showing what i've tried to describe below.

edit to say i've 18 tabled before for a while and the only slowdown achieved was with the opening of each successive table.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    On my old pc, I used firefox or chrome.  On my new one I use IE.  I dont know what spec ur computer is but IE can handle 16 with no lag.  The loading of the tables isnt really an issue as you can just drag it out of the way as its loading and launch another, so you could have 3 or 4 loading at the same time.  Then by the time you have miniviewed and positioned the first tables you launched, the last ones have caught up and are loaded.

Have you found out a way to automatically resize tables in miniview on chrome.  Doing this manually on 10+ tables would drive me mad and must outweigh the issue you have with longer loading tables surely?
  • edited March 2010
    IE is a hackers dream and i'm not playing for monies on it! 

It doesn't matter where the tables are loading, when they are in their state of flux loading up and initialising they completely slow all other tables making them unplayable until the loading has finished. Once tables are up and loaded it all runs smooth as you like except for the image posted above, that was the first time it had happened so was just wondering what sky thought.

edit - tables don't resize automatically but it's not much of a hassle.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey again beaneh,

I have also passed this thread over to the (technical) team.

Much the same as your other thread, i'll make a member of the team posts an update for you.

Thank you
  • edited March 2010
    just like to thank sky as lost connection but you refunded without any problem ty