You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too good to be true.....made a mess of it....How do u play the turn???

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Too good to be true.....made a mess of it....How do u play the turn???:
    Yeh agreed bean! Turn is auwful, thats what the whole question was about .....  Re: Too good to be true.....made a mess of it... ."How do u play the turn???" I got a guy to put all but £3 of his stack in on the flop and the turn, with king high.  could and should have gotten the other guy pot committed on the turn, which is where my mistake came. Never gonna agree that leading that flop 3rd hand of a session with no reads, no table image, in an unraised pot, at that level, is the best way to go about it. I lost loads of value from the guy who folded the river - which was my own fault, he was coming all the way if I just shove the turn. That would have happened if I'd led the flop or not. So I have the made hand coming with me. The check flop and turn also got the KING HIGH to come along with me too. So I got full value from the guy I shouldnt have, and missed value from the guy I should have felted, however, if I changed 1 simple thing (shove turn) I get full value from both. This wouldn't happen if I lead flop. Ahhh well, next time I flop the nuts and have a bet and a raise into me, i'll know what to do! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

If he's calling K high on the turn he'll put more in on the flop hence the pot will be bigger and your raises wont look as absurdly strong. 

You make out like leading would be the worst play in the world and there is only one correct play on the flop. Just put money in on the flop it's not rocket science!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Too good to be true.....made a mess of it....How do u play the turn???:
    In Response to Re: Too good to be true.....made a mess of it....How do u play the turn??? : If he's calling K high on the turn he'll put more in on the flop hence the pot will be bigger and your raises wont look as absurdly strong.  You make out like leading would be the worst play in the world and there is only one correct play on the flop. Just put money in on the flop it's not rocket science!!!
    Posted by beaneh

+1
  • edited March 2010
    .Never gonna agree that leading that flop 3rd hand of a session with no reads, no table image, in an unraised pot, at that level, is the best way to go about it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Oh come on.Why Not? I play mainly at £10 nl ie even lower than this and here I would pot the flop, pot the turn and shove the river.
    Also you should remermber that you have had a lot of exposure in total player and just because you have not seen them does not mean they have not seen you.  So use your image,

Yes you may lose customers if no one has a spade in their hand but anyone with two spades is going all the way (unless they are really really bad) and some people will come along with any single spade.