You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

At 7pm tonight, there will be TWO Tourneys, running parallel, for footie fans. They are in the Lobby, labelled as "Manchester United", & "Liverpool". In case LisaPlop is reading this, Liverpool & Manchester United are football teams..... One of those teams is very good, too.

The entry "fee" i 25 poker points.

You can elect to play in EITHER of these, but NOT BOTH. If you enter both, you will get one of these.

Comments

• edited March 2010

The TOP ELEVEN from EACH of tonight's two Tourneys will go into Sunday's Final.

The winners will be decided by which "Team" scores most points. It's 22 points for 1st, 21 for second, & so on.

EVERY MEMBER of that Team on Sunday will receive a free bet with Sky Poker. The winner will get a £50 Free Bet, the other 10 will get a £20 Free Bet. The losing Team on Sunday wil get this.....

• edited March 2010

Please remember, if you enter BOTH Tourneys tonight, & "qualify", you will be BANNED from Sunday's Final.

• edited March 2010
    Well ive just gone onto the tourny lobby and it says 0 points to enter and i was told not allowed to enter this private tourny.Any thoughts? dav
  • edited March 2010
    Oops ignore my last post.soz
  • edited March 2010

No worries dav.

By the way, you can Delete ANY of your own Posts simply by clicking the "DELETE POST" icon immediately beliow the body of your Post. And, hey presto, they disappear.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT!:
    At 7pm tonight, there will be TWO Tourneys, running parallel, for footie fans. They are in the Lobby, labelled as "Manchester United", & "Liverpool". In case LisaPlop is reading this, Liverpool & Manchester United are football teams..... One of those teams is very good, too. The entry "fee" i 25 poker points. You can elect to play in EITHER of these, but NOT BOTH. If you enter both, you will get one of these.
    Posted by Tikay10

I can hardly contain my indifference..

Football? Something to do with the pepperpot and the ketchup with the sugar through the napkin. No?

GL all... COME ON YOU REDS!!!!! ;)
  • edited March 2010

Anyone fancy being the Manager of either of these two Teams?

Get some banter going, TKO-stylee?

If so, Post your name, & we'll get it sorted!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT!:
    Anyone fancy being the Manager of either of these two Teams? Get some banter going, TKO-stylee? If so, Post your name, & we'll get it sorted!
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi all blade900 here..........................i wanna be a manager lol man utd not those other muppets lol...........im honest and know about football so,it would be no good to manage liverpool my talent would be wasted
  • edited March 2010

Come on Liverpool.

Just a shame it clashes with tonights game.

But if you are smart enough to support Liverpool I am sure you are smart enough to be able to multi-task

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : hi all blade900 here..........................i wanna be a manager lol man utd not those other muppets lol...........im honest and know about football so,it would be no good to manage liverpool my talent would be wasted
    Posted by blade900
    That's a bit sharp Mr Blade - you have not entered the Tourney yet.

Enter the Tourney, & then you can be considered for the Managerial Role!
  • edited March 2010
    Come on Liverpool. Just a shame it clashes with tonights game. But if you are smart enough to support Liverpool I am sure you are smart enough to be able to multi-task
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    you might be able to do it cuz your a stoke lad,as for the scousers well they might struggle(JOKE)
  • edited March 2010
    Come on Liverpool. Just a shame it clashes with tonights game. But if you are smart enough to support Liverpool I am sure you are smart enough to be able to multi-task
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    most man u fans wont bother foregone conclusion mate.......................liverpool fans would be better playin poker,it might turn out less gutting for them,.................................im not psycic but i can see your future lol lol lol
  • edited March 2010
    I'd like to manage Liverpool.

best team in the world, only fair they get the best manager in the world.

Thanks stoke, you joining my team for tonight? I could use your skills on the flank.
  • edited March 2010
    I'd like to manage Liverpool. best team in the world, only fair they get the best manager in the world. Thanks stoke, you joining my team for tonight? I could use your skills on the flank.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Yeah why not ill reg now m8
  • edited March 2010
    good stuff.

While playing just think about how they keep on trying to steal Ryan Shawcross back from you!
  • edited March 2010
    I'd like to manage Liverpool. best team in the world, only fair they get the best manager in the world. Thanks stoke, you joining my team for tonight? I could use your skills on the flank.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Appointed!

You are now Mr Miyagi-Benetiz.

Off you go Rafa, get your Team organized & revved up. Good luck - I think you'll need it.
  • edited March 2010
    The TOP ELEVEN from EACH of tonight's two Tourneys will go into Sunday's Final. The winners will be decided by which "Team" scores most points. It's 22 points for 1st, 21 for second, & so on. EVERY MEMBER of that Team on Sunday will receive a free bet with Sky Poker. The winner will get a £50 Free Bet, the other 10 will get a £20 Free Bet. The losing Team on Sunday wil get this.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    excuse me if i'm way off here tikay but what happens if 1 liverpool player wins the final and then the other 11 man united players finish from 2nd to twelve? who decideds who then gets the £50 free bet? also the winner of the freeroll gets zilch? i await an explanation and probably gonna get clamped because i have probably missed something lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : Appointed! You are now Mr Miyagi-Benetiz. Off you go Rafa, get your Team organized & revved up. Good luck - I think you'll need it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok then.

Guys please don't treat this like a regular training session (freeroll) we need out best 11 to go forward.

This is about much more than a poxy free bet!

They have acebarry in their team so it is very likely that in the match they are all likely to get pocket aces regularly, but I think if we pick our moments right and call when we have a chance to hit them with a straight or a boat. We can win this!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    LOLOL.......Its nice to dream Miyagi. Best team in the EEC Food Mountain Cup or whatever its called but not anywhere else. Good luck in staving off the might of Spurs and Villa in the prem lol.

Anyway back to business, I Would love to manage Team Man U against the lol'Ders. As long as i don't have to do owt exept rally the troops. Not too great with computers or poker lol. But am a life long red devil.

Up the PROPER reds

Airwalker.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : That's a bit sharp Mr Blade - you have not entered the Tourney yet. Enter the Tourney, & then you can be considered for the Managerial Role!
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol tikay they dont call me blade for nothing sharp as a tack me!cant enter tonight just found out nooooooo points lol,but it always nice joshing the pool fans.................il do it for free,it pleases me greatly
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : Ok then. Guys please don't treat this like a regular training session (freeroll) we need out best 11 to go forward. This is about much more than a poxy free bet! They have acebarry in their team so it is very likely that in the match they are all likely to get pocket aces regularly, but I think if we pick our moments right and call when we have a chance to hit them with a straight or a boat. We can win this!!!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Go On the Wise-One!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : LOLOL.......Its nice to dream Miyagi. Best team in the EEC Food Mountain Cup or whatever its called but not anywhere else. Good luck in staving off the might of Spurs and Villa in the prem lol. Anyway back to business, I Would love to manage Team Man U against the lol'Ders. As long as i don't have to do owt exept rally the troops. Not too great with computers or poker lol. But am a life long red devil. Up the PROPER reds Airwalker.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Appointed.

You will henceforth be known as not as AirWalker, but AirDryerWalker.

Off you go, rev up them boys of yours.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : excuse me if i'm way off here tikay but what happens if 1 liverpool player wins the final and then the other 11 man united players finish from 2nd to twelve? who decideds who then gets the £50 free bet? also the winner of the freeroll gets zilch? i await an explanation and probably gonna get clamped because i have probably missed something lol
    Posted by chels
    Wow Chels, I can see why you & Webby get along, you think very alike.

The deal is this.

The winning TEAM will be the TEAM which scores MOST POINTS in Sunday's Final.

The highest placed finished in the winning Team gets the £50 free bet with Sky Poker, the other 10 in that Team all get the £20 Free Bet with Sky Poker.

Does that answer your question?

I have worded Sky Bet to ensure that the £50 Bet is exactly that, & not £49.44. We don't want any fiascos, now do we?
  • edited March 2010

The new Liverpool Captain, Rafael Miyagi, must be doing a great job - Liverpool now have 94 entries, to Man Utd's 91.

Don't forget - £250 worth of FREE BETS go to the winning Team.
  • edited March 2010

There are still quite a few "duplications", players who have entered BOTH Tourneys. Well you can't play for Man Utd AND Liverpool, that just won't work.

Any player who plays BOTH Tourneys tonight will NOT be allowed to take part in Sunday's decider, as they wil be DISQUALIFIED. Guaranteed. So don't even think about it!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : Wow Chels, I can see why you & Webby get along, you think very alike. The deal is this. The winning TEAM will be the TEAM which scores MOST POINTS in Sunday's Final. The highest placed finished in the winning Team gets the £50 free bet with Sky Poker, the other 10 in that Team all get the £20 Free Bet with Sky Poker. Does that answer your question? I have worded Sky Bet to ensure that the £50 Bet is exactly that, & not £49.44. We don't want any fiascos, now do we?
    Posted by Tikay10
    what you trying to say tikay...pmsl
  • edited March 2010
    tikay will you be running these football tournment again?
    only i noticed carlisle and southampton on sky a week sunday
    if you are best tell the bods to make that one a heads up sng
  • edited March 2010
    tikay will you be running these football tournment again? only i noticed carlisle and southampton on sky a week sunday if you are best tell the bods to make that one a heads up sng
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Lol, nice one.

There were about 30,000 at Southampton last week for the visit of Leeds, I heard. Slightly less at Carlisle though, I fancy.
  • edited March 2010

Ok I have to do a quick run to Asda for some dishwasher tablets.

I'll be back before kick-off

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Fan Fun, £250 worth of FREE BETS - TONIGHT! : Wow Chels, I can see why you & Webby get along, you think very alike. The deal is this. The winning TEAM will be the TEAM which scores MOST POINTS in Sunday's Final. The highest placed finished in the winning Team gets the £50 free bet with Sky Poker, the other 10 in that Team all get the £20 Free Bet with Sky Poker. Does that answer your question? I have worded Sky Bet to ensure that the £50 Bet is exactly that, & not £49.44. We don't want any fiascos, now do we?
    Posted by Tikay10
    yes tikay your right, i expected to get clamped and i did lol

thanks for clearing that up, didnt want to report another fiasco to headquarters, also tikay me not much of a gambler so am thinking of just sticking the winning on you to win the next TKO, should be a sure thing right?