You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas, Baby!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

The "Viva Las Vegas" satellites start TODAY - wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

More details to follow............

Comments

• edited March 2010

The full details are HERE
  • edited March 2010

Satellites start from as little as £1.45 & £2.85, & the first Quarter Final, is TONIGHT at 9pm. You can also buy-in direct to tonight's Quarter Final for £13.  
  • edited March 2010

The first SEMI-FINAl is THIS SUNDAY, qualification is via the Daily Satellites & Quarter Final, OR direct Buy-In is available for £120.
  • edited March 2010

The first MONTHLY Final - from which one player in 10 will win a £10,000 Viva Las Vegas package, will be on Sunday 4th April.

I'm not sure, but I think there will pobably be two more Monthly finals - one each for April, & may.
  • edited March 2010

Please remember, you MUST be over 21 to enter Viva Las Vegas.

It'd be wise to read the Viva Las Vegas Terms & Conditions BEFORE entering.

If you have any questions as to Viva Las Vegas, post them on this thread, & either I'll answer them, or I'll find someone who can.

Good Luck!
  • edited March 2010
    im abit shy do i have to do an interview
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby!:
    Posted by stokefc
    If you win the WSOP Main Event (& about $8 million) you will have to do a LOT of interviews, so you may as well get used to it!

To ease the pain, you get return flights to Vegas for TWO people - you and one other (does not have to be the missus, you can take Rory Delap if you want....), AND a fortnight in a plush Suite - Suite, not room - at the Rio, which is the home of the WSOP.

• edited March 2010
    Posted by stokefc
    Compulsary ;)
  • edited March 2010
    WOW that's an AWESOME package.

I'd like to volunteer right now for the role of 'other person'.

Please also feel free to buy me into the main event.. where I will no doubt go all in with AJ in the first hand and lose.

Thank you.

Ps.. anyone wanting to buy me into the main event anyway please contact me on www.AJ.is.the.nuts.com

I'm defo going to win it.

On a more serious note.. GOOD LUCK to all who are playing in the Satellites today. What an amazing opportunity.

• edited March 2010
    Wow that's come round quick again! I clearly remember watching a couple of shows last year - the one where Nutter5932 played really well and came first, winning his seat, and the one where Sharksbite came 2nd for a very healthy payday!

• edited March 2010
    This what iv been waiting for!!! Going to give it a good go this year. Goodluck to everyone trying for seats, I imagine it will be a trip of a lifetime.
  • edited March 2010
    This what iv been waiting for!!! Going to give it a good go this year. Goodluck to everyone trying for seats, I imagine it will be a trip of a lifetime.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Charles,

It's hard to "guarantee the trip of a lifetime", but if you ask ANY of the players we have taken to Vegas in the last 2 years, I think all of them will say it was a bit special.

They don't just get sent an airline ticket, some money, & a hotel room - they get looked after, personally, from start to finish, given a Suite in The Rio, da de da. Dan, Ben, Will, Hoggers, & the others will, I'm quite sure, testify to that. Sky Poker do their Vegas things better than anyone, imo.

It's time you won one of these packages. Good Luck, go get it.
  • edited March 2010
    Entered one of the sats and you guessed it, cancelled because it was 1 player short, any chance of running some sats in the sit and go section, that way it wont close until they get the required amount.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Hi Charles, It's hard to "guarantere "the trip of a lifetime", but if you ask ANY of the players we have taken to Vegas in the last 2 years, I think all of them will say it was a bit special. They don't just get sent an airline ticket, some money, & a hotel room - they get looked after, personally, from start to finish, given a Suite in The Rio, da de da. Dan, Ben, Will, Hoggers, & the others will, I'm quite sure, testify to that. Sky Poker do their Vegas things better than anyone, imo. It's time you won one of these packages. Good Luck, go get it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    And that adds to the whole community thing with Sky. You can see it really is "team Sky" its not a case of presenters/staff go off and do their thing and only see the players for interviews. Its obvious the staff really do care about the players and want them to do well.. Im under no illusions, qualifying for vegas will be so hard, especially now my bankroll has taken a bit of a battering with a bad run and a new computer. I will have to go through quarter finals rather than semi's as a £100+ buyin is too much at the moment,
  • edited March 2010
    Entered one of the sats and you guessed it, cancelled because it was 1 player short, any chance of running some sats in the sit and go section, that way it wont close until they get the required amount.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Loony,

I'll send the Thread up to Sky-Bernie, maybe he'll take that on board.

The 12.45 Sat has just begun, it made 13 runners, (12 now, 1 went first hand!), so 2 Qtr Final seats guaranteed in that.

The Sats only went up today, & will be promoted heavily in Newsletters, Blogs etc, & all that is still to come, so I would think the numbers will swell pretty soon.

STOP-PRESS - down to 11 already - two men overboard!
  • edited March 2010

I wasn't here last time when this ran - but I've watched the tv programmes following Greg and the others....

Just wondering did anyone ever buy in directly to the monthly final for £1k???
  • edited March 2010

There are already THREE players entered for tonight's Quarter Final, I don't know if they qualified, or paid n direct (£13), but good luck to Sharky, goodylad & BIGDINGA in that.
  • edited March 2010
    I wasn't here last time when this ran - but I've watched the tv programmes following Greg and the others.... Just wondering did anyone ever buy in directly to the monthly final for £1k???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes JJ, they did, though it would perhaps be improper to name them. They were successful, profitable, players, & felt, for them, it was a more cost-efficient way of qualifying than working through the Sats.
  • edited March 2010
    I wasn't here last time when this ran - but I've watched the tv programmes following Greg and the others.... Just wondering did anyone ever buy in directly to the monthly final for £1k???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeh they did dohhhhhh , they got 18-19 players and maybe 5-6 paid the full fee, if i remember rightly the 'loser' 2nd place got £9000 cash in one
  • edited March 2010
    yet another year of watching these on tv, if only i was concieved a year earlier :( bloomin mother ;)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Yeh they did dohhhhhh , they got 18-19 players and maybe 5-6 paid the full fee, if i remember rightly the 'loser' 2nd place got £9000 cash in one
    Posted by loonytoons
    Correct - it was none other than Sharky!

The blow of not winning the £10,000 package was a £9,000 cash prize! Not the worst result, really!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Correct - it was none other than Sharky! The blow of not winning the £10,000 package was a £9,000 cash prize! Not the worst result, really!
    Posted by Tikay10
    could get alot of 1p sweets with that
  • edited March 2010
    I would love to go in for something like this but i am in two minds of whether to try for it or not mainly because the cricket season starts in 3 weeks following God's REAL county Lancashire and this is hard to say but cricket comes first - Super Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and believe me the prospect of not seeing the almighty Lancashire pulversise them lot from ove t' pennines (This is without doubt a rivalry that i take a little bit more seriously than Team Tikay vs Team DonkPlop Uno/Dos/Tres in TKO lol!) really would be hard to take lol!.

Although it is a once in a lifetime package i honestly would love to win but on current form something like this is just going to be a pipe dream. If i do go in for it, live up to my reputation of being a luckbox and do the impossible and win a package, my main worry would be not coming across well on the TV as i'm assuming there will be another documentary covering how the winners get on in Vegas?.
  • edited March 2010
    I would love to go in for something like this but i am in two minds of whether to try for it or not mainly because the cricket season starts in 3 weeks following God's REAL county Lancashire and this is hard to say but cricket comes first - Super Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and believe me the prospect of not seeing the almighty Lancashire pulversise them lot from ove t' pennines (This is without doubt a rivalry that i take a little bit more seriously than Team Tikay vs Team DonkPlop Uno/Dos/Tres in TKO lol!) really would be hard to take lol!. Although it is a once in a lifetime package i honestly would love to win but on current form something like this is just going to be a pipe dream. If i do go in for it, live up to my reputation of being a luckbox and do the impossible and win a package, my main worry would be not coming across well on the TV as i'm assuming there will be another documentary covering how the winners get on in Vegas?.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    If you don't want to do the Interviews, don't do them! But you will.....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : If you don't want to do the Interviews, don't do them! But you will.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have no problems whatsoever doing any sort of interview, I just would not want to come across as boring as i do regard myself as a bit of a perfectionist and not wanting to let anyone down.

• edited March 2010
    Agreed!! Not like you to be quiet OnlyOne NOISEBOX ;)

Anyone with enthusiasm and a love of the game comes across well. That's what viewers will see and respond to.

Not your wonkey tie or 5day stubble ;)

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : I have no problems whatsoever doing any sort of interview, I just would not want to come across as boring as i do regard myself as a bit of a perfectionist and not wanting to let anyone down.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Get some crystal meth down ya.  That stuffs massive in the states.  Now theres an interview I would love to watch
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : I have no problems whatsoever doing any sort of interview, I just would not want to come across as boring as i do regard myself as a bit of a perfectionist and not wanting to let anyone down.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Congratulations. When did that start - after you jumped ship from Team Plop, I guess??
  • edited March 2010
    Agreed!! Not like you to be quiet OnlyOne NOISEBOX ;) Anyone with enthusiasm and a love of the game comes across well. That's what viewers will see and respond to. Not your wonkey tie or 5day stubble ;)
    Posted by LML
    Your not my stalker by any chance lol?

Wonkey ties i don't do - euggggggghhhhhhh, 5 day stubble - megggggga euuuggghh.

I tell you what i have a little proposition for Tikay and you can make this post legally binding! :)

If i go in for this, get lucky and win a package after watching on Youtube the previous 2 years of the Viva Las Vegas documentaries which i have to say are a very good watch, i believe there is some sort of carriage train (Bit like the Orient Express i think) that runs through Vegas and the whole of Nevada and if no one offers, i am prepared to take a journey on that train with Tikay and i will let you blind me with all your knowledge on Trains. (Could be the best forty winks of my entire life lol!)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Get some crystal meth down ya.  That stuffs massive in the states.  Now theres an interview I would love to watch
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Am i supposed to laugh after such an immature and pathetic comment like that?