You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas, Baby!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont expect to see me at any table but these wsop games until i get(hopefully) into the final,i will be devoting all my time on trying to qualify,good luck all see you at the tables....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby!:
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont expect to see me at any table but these wsop games until i get(hopefully) into the final,i will be devoting all my time on trying to qualify,good luck all see you at the tables....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Good Luck Davey. You have the game - SPT proves that - now get your seat booked to Vegas. The WSOP is exactly the same as an SPT. jut a bit bigger......
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Your not my stalker by any chance lol? Wonkey ties i don't do - euggggggghhhhhhh, 5 day stubble - megggggga euuuggghh. I tell you what i have a little proposition for Tikay and you can make this post legally binding! :) If i go in for this, get lucky and win a package after watching on Youtube the previous 2 years of the Viva Las Vegas documentaries which i have to say are a very good watch, i believe there is some sort of carriage train (Bit like the Orient Express i think) that runs through Vegas and the whole of Nevada and if no one offers, i am prepared to take a journey on that train with Tikay and i will let you blind me with all your knowledge on Trains. (Could be the best forty winks of my entire life lol!)
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Sigh, it's not a "carriage train", it's a freight train - it is comprised of freight wagons. Lots of them, the longest one I saw last year was 105 freight wagons, hauled by no less than FIVE diesel-elecctric COCO locos.

If I get the gig - I've not heard yet - but if I do, you are ON!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Am i supposed to laugh after such an immature and pathetic comment like that?
    Posted by OnlyOneCT

lol !!! the reply is funnier than the comment - had to google it I didnt know what it was! lolololol forum comedy gold!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Sigh, it's not a "carriage train", it's a freight train - it is comprised of freight wagons. Lots of them, the longest one I saw last year was 105 freight wagons, hauled by no less than FIVE diesel-elecctric COCO locos. If I get the gig - I've not heard yet - but if I do, you are ON!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Who else would they send? ORFORD? That'll never happen...sending Rich to cover the WSOP would be like sending Hartigan to the World Cup! :-)
  • edited March 2010
    can we not get in the final by getting over a certain number of points like last year?
  • edited March 2010
    can we not get in the final by getting over a certain number of points like last year?
    Posted by offshoot
    you could buy in with points? how many points was it to buy into the final?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Sigh, it's not a "carriage train", it's a freight train - it is comprised of freight wagons. Lots of them, the longest one I saw last year was 105 freight wagons, hauled by no less than FIVE diesel-elecctric COCO locos. If I get the gig - I've not heard yet - but if I do, you are ON!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thats impressive.  I wouldnt fancy being stuck at a level crossing waiting for that to pass
  • edited March 2010
    my tip is daveyyzz to be one of the guys to go.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm 20 but luckily Im 21st on April 2nd...so I'll be 21 when the flights go out...in that case, don't expect to see me at ANY table either! Bankroll is purely Vegas now! I want this so bad! LOL! Good luck to everyone!
  • edited March 2010
    I wasn't here last time when this ran - but I've watched the tv programmes following Greg and the others.... Just wondering did anyone ever buy in directly to the monthly final for £1k???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes mate Will Brewin Pokerbcity did and won it erm knocking me out along the way lol
  • edited March 2010
    just wondering if they are goin to do the vegas lite like last year n husrt u can still play n try n finish 2nd for that 9k loser money ha
  • edited March 2010
    I'm thinking of giving it a go, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get enough time off work to participate in the November Nine. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    just wondering if they are goin to do the vegas lite like last year n husrt u can still play n try n finish 2nd for that 9k loser money ha
    Posted by flushando
    No - not this year, as the take-up was, to everyone's surprise, very low. So this year it's "just" the Viva Las Vegas £10,000 packages.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : you could buy in with points? how many points was it to buy into the final?
    Posted by freechips1
    you had to get over 30k points in the month and you got 1k bonus plus entry into the final
  • edited March 2010
    Referring to the points issue - 

Last year their was a promotion if you earn 30k sky points you got free entry to the £1.k buy in, I think 4 of us made it and I was one of those hard grinders....which I then went on to win the sat with and enjoy a 2 week trip in Vegas. 

This year I like many others shall strive for that very same thing :)

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : you had to get over 30k points in the month and you got 1k bonus plus entry into the final
    Posted by offshoot
    Hi offshoot (& Ben),

To the best of my knowledge, (though I'm not sure, so don't quote me), that will not be the case this year. Certainly, I've seen the "package details". & that was not mentioned anywhere.

So, unless stated otherwise, assume it's not the case, please.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Hi offshoot (& Ben), To the best of my knowledge, (though I'm not sure, so don't quote me), that will not be the case this year. Certainly, I've seen the "package details". & that was not mentioned anywhere. So, unless stated otherwise, assume it's not the case, please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Of course, if you get 24K CFP points in any month then you will get a £1K bonus and you can buy in with this.  :-)
  • edited March 2010
    Wow that's come round quick again! I clearly remember watching a couple of shows last year - the one where Nutter5932 played really well and came first, winning his seat, and the one where Sharksbite came 2nd for a very healthy payday!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    yes sore subject for me as i was chip leader for a long while and she knocked me out in 2 hands lol. Heres hopin for round 2 :)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm thinking of giving it a go, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get enough time off work to participate in the November Nine. ;)
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    quit your job if you win lol
  • edited March 2010

you have to be 21,right? :(

• edited March 2010
    well i conna satalitex4 goes so ill have to pay the £13
  • edited March 2010

Tikay, Could Sky Poker guarantee me a window seat on the plane, otherwise I don't think I can enter !!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Tikay, Could Sky Poker guarantee me a window seat on the plane, otherwise I don't think I can enter !!!!
    Posted by SirSimon
    Inside, or outside?
  • edited March 2010
    I have to agree with tikay that Sky are 2nd to none in terms of looking after their players in Vegas. A small close nit team and that way its all the more special.

If your gonna win a WSOP package, my advice is win one with Sky! Its the business:)
  • edited March 2010
    ahhh only another 3 years to wait for me :( im confused tho, does the winner of tp and the winner of this get packages to the wsop main event?
  • edited March 2010
    I have to agree with tikay that Sky are 2nd to none in terms of looking after their players in Vegas. A small close nit team and that way its all the more special. If your gonna win a WSOP package, my advice is win one with Sky! Its the business:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    + 1
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas, Baby! : Inside, or outside?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think it's more comfortable to sit inside the plane.
  • edited March 2010
    ahhh only another 3 years to wait for me :(im confused tho, does the winner of tp and the winner of this get packages to the wsop main event?
    Posted by murray69
    Yes - and some.
  • edited March 2010
    I have to agree with tikay that Sky are 2nd to none in terms of looking after their players in Vegas. A small close nit team and that way its all the more special. If your gonna win a WSOP package, my advice is win one with Sky! Its the business:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

You needed them to look after you gregg cos you went out so early lol ;) only pullin yer noggin how are ya m8