You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Refer a Friend Issue

Yo (most like sky rich!) 

Just had someone ask what my sn is to enter in the refer a friend bonus scheme. One slight issue being that my on-screen name 'beaneh' isn't recognised. Now I don't log in with this name anymore but that was changed for security reasons, so I don't see the reason to then have to give out the actual login name for the account to gain the bonus.

Is there not some way where your on screen name can work for this?

Ta.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yo (back'atcha!)

I'm pretty sure that it is your user ID (what you log in with) you need to enter. I'm not completely sure on the technical make-up of refer a friend and how easy it would be to add in your screen name but i'll forward this thread on to miss refer a friend (aka the fabulous Sky Dani) and get her to post on the subject.

cheers!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Refer a Friend Issue:
    Yo (back'atcha!) I'm pretty sure that it is your user ID (what you log in with) you need to enter. I'm not completely sure on the technical make-up of refer a friend and how easy it would be to add in your screen name but i'll forward this thread on to miss refer a friend (aka the fabulous Sky Dani) and get her to post on the subject. cheers!
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Awesome cheers it's seems kinda pointless changing it and then having to give it out again! Ta for the quick response.

:-)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Refer a Friend Issue:
    Yo (most like sky rich!)  Just had someone ask what my sn is to enter in the refer a friend bonus scheme. One slight issue being that my on-screen name 'beaneh' isn't recognised. Now I don't log in with this name anymore but that was changed for security reasons, so I don't see the reason to then have to give out the actual login name for the account to gain the bonus. Is there not some way where your on screen name can work for this? Ta.
    Posted by beaneh
    Hey!

Yes it is your user id that your referred friend has to use (the one you log in with). Dont worry because to claim this bonus your friend has to email me at referafriend@skypoker.com when they have earned 375 poker points. Therefore they can tell us their user id and your user id then.

Cheers
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Refer a Friend Issue:
    In Response to Refer a Friend Issue : Hey! Yes it is your user id that your referred friend has to use (the one you log in with). Dont worry because to claim this bonus your friend has to email me at referafriend@skypoker.com when they have earned 375 poker points. Therefore they can tell us their user id and your user id then. Cheers
    Posted by Sky_Dannip

Hiya, the whole point was that you didn't have to have anyone know what name you log in with once it is changed from the visible onscreen name. For security reasons it would be alot better if you could use the onscreen name for referral.