You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is thursday beginners night

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
just so you understand i am not complaining about losing with this thread we all have bad days and today was one for me but not had so many bad plays by so many players at the same table and point was have you noticed this more on a thursday its weird.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    play better and learn to beat them
  • edited March 2010
    i know how you feel. I've gone allin pre flop 3 or 4 times today with kq at worst and lost to junk.
    worst was having a a and losing my roll to 4 7 off with a 4 on turn and 7 on river. what can you do.
    should be used to it being on the 2p4p tables. doesn't help if you are trying to improve your game and this keeps happening. 
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night:
    play better and learn to beat them
    Posted by BlackFish3
    impossible to beat them unless you get the luck and thats only way to beat these kinda playas. Skill is null and void
  • edited March 2010
    if you get your money in as 75% favourite, you will win approx 75 out of a hundred hands, NOT necessarily 3 out of 4, geep getting your money in and you will come out on top in the long run....

simples.....
  • edited March 2010
    i know how you feel. I've gone allin pre flop 3 or 4 times today with kq at worst and lost to junk. worst was having a a and losing my roll to 4 7 off with a 4 on turn and 7 on river. what can you do. should be used to it being on the 2p4p tables. doesn't help if you are trying to improve your game and this keeps happening. 
    Posted by walesboy
    yea you have to tighten up and wait for premium hands and hit but makes you worried about raising cos you get 3 or 4 callers and if you hit you raise and they go all in. I had pocket Ks raise  4 times the blind a caller with KJ off suit goes all in and hits st8 lol you cant wait to hit a st8 or fh and take them out cos they wont let you get that far with out shoving with nothing its crazy and any starting hand is diminished cos you have 3 or 4 players in and there bound to hit something so raising to get rid of the tat dosnt work either lol

They say you can spot the fish within the first 5 mins but what do you do when surrounded by a school of fish in a tank
  • edited March 2010
    i've tilted a bit today because of it. chasing the double up to get back the bad losses. all the hard work to build up my roll a bit has been wasted because of today. i'll have to take a break from it until next week (if i can!) to get back some balance to my play 
  • edited March 2010

i think the best solution when confronted with this situation is to call it a night and play another day i suppose

• edited March 2010
    if you get your money in as 75% favourite, you will win approx 75 out of a hundred hands, NOT necessarily 3 out of 4, geep getting your money in and you will come out on top in the long run.... simples.....
    Posted by crow01
    true, but today i was in the 25% or folded and then would have won if i had called!
  • edited March 2010
    i've tilted a bit today because of it. chasing the double up to get back the bad losses. all the hard work to build up my roll a bit has been wasted because of today. i'll have to take a break from it until next week (if i can!) to get back some balance to my play 
    Posted by walesboy
    Yea its hit my bankroll that i built up and been only playin 10-20% had a great week which has been all in vain. have to play even lower now with worse players lol. i dont really go on tilt but do get peed off and angry but still play poker well and treat each game a fresh. just today it aint working think ill switch to the slot machines will get better odds lol
  • edited March 2010
    well decided to move over to cash tables and turned 1 quid into 18 on a 2and 4p blind table thanks to some nutter who likes to go all in with what ever hand he has every turn no matter what not really poker but hey he helped me out. :)
  • edited March 2010
    well decided to move over to cash tables and turned 1 quid into 18 on a 2and 4p blind table thanks to some nutter who likes to go all in with what ever hand he has every turn no matter what not really poker but hey he helped me out. :)
    Posted by Dazler
    The nutter would be me, strangely dazler actually took badly to my generosity.
  • edited March 2010
    LOL TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU DAZLER .... THURSDAY ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE THE SAME FOR ME ,WAS ONLY THINKING THE SAME THING AS YOU YESTERDAY. IT'S LIKE THE CIRCUS COMES TO TOWN ON A THURSDAY AND BRINGS ALL THE COUNTRYS CLOWNS WITH IT

P.S BLACKFISH ....WHY BOTHER WITH YOUR SNIDE REMARKS, POINTLESS AS USUAL BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU SEEM TO GET SOME SORT OF CHEAP THRILL FORM POSTING !!!!
  • edited March 2010
    blackfish is a ..........
  • edited March 2010
    We've all sat down with players like this and as has been mentioned before, everyone has their own style of playing, seems some people just really enjoy the pure gambling element to it. I understand your frustration though, it feels awful to be out-lucked when you're playing serious, solid poker, but such is life!

I tend to sit out a while when this happens and hope to witness a massive bust (we all have that little mean streak, don't we?) or just move to another table. Can't say I have noticed a Thursday trend though, but I've not been with you lovely lot all that long.

Better luck next game, matey :)
  • edited March 2010
    I must admit the same happened to me last night, raised up with premium hands to be called by junk even hit on the flop and they just shove in and hit on river. so i gave up after this happening 3/4 times.

Its a new day hope to have better luck with these muppets
  • edited March 2010
    just so you understand i am not complaining about losing with this thread we all have bad days and today was one for me but not had so many bad plays by so many players at the same table and point was have you noticed this more on a thursday its weird.
    Posted by Dazler
    i thought evryday was a thursday here..,also think that these 'numpties' have realised that skypoker software caters for bad plays,bad calls and massif sukk outs...but doesnt cater for slow playing,trapping,'skill'....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : i thought evryday was a thursday here..,also think that these 'numpties' have realised that skypoker software caters for bad plays,bad calls and massif sukk outs...but doesnt cater for slow playing,trapping,'skill'....
    Posted by philmenow
    oh,and massif favourite is a thing of the past...here.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : oh,and massif favourite is a thing of the past...here.
    Posted by philmenow
    You've just made two really bad, uninformed posts in quick succession there.
    Are you going to go for a hat-trick?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : You've just made two really bad, uninformed posts in quick succession there. Are you going to go for a hat-trick?
    Posted by MereNovice
    no i left that for sum1 else..
  • edited March 2010
    philmenow...amazing you have 300 posts and you still think its rigged against good players? have you ever thought that you have weaknesses in your game, i.e you always think tptk is the nuts and can't be outdrawn?
  • edited March 2010
    philmenow...amazing you have 300 posts and you still think its rigged against good players? have you ever thought that you have weaknesses in your game, i.e you always think tptk is the nuts and can't be outdrawn?
    Posted by NColley
    havent played here for a month or so,was just adding to  OP comments,look im not a stupid person and know full well that massif favourite in poker is never that massif,and any 2 cards can beat any other 2..but as OP said when mickey mouse play is beating proper play,over and over again,its got to make u wonder..if u can hang on to ur BR for 100000 hands its true u'll probly be a 'winner',but thats a big if..here..also i have never said im a gr8 poker player,so yes,my game is 'well flawed'..as is the vast majority here and elsewhere...however it seems that the skill bit of poker is 'minute' here..
  • edited March 2010
    I disagree, I've noticed several main event winners/finalists that were noobs and basically got super lucky go onto the cash tables and donk it all off, most of them r back playing 2p/4p.

It may seem that they continually badbeat you ect, but you have to adapt to beat them, bet your strong hands i.e set/straight/flush/fh more and play more cautious with the vunerable hands 1 pair, 2 pair.
  • edited March 2010
    i know how you feel. I've gone allin pre flop 3 or 4 times today with kq at worst and lost to junk. worst was having a a and losing my roll to 4 7 off with a 4 on turn and 7 on river. what can you do. should be used to it being on the 2p4p tables. doesn't help if you are trying to improve your game and this keeps happening. 
    Posted by walesboy
    you're pushing all in with kq??
    you need people to pay you off when you get aa so 4 7 call was good for you.....i will take aa v 47 100  times for ten pounds a go if anyone is interested???
  • edited March 2010
    blackfish is a ..........
    Posted by arwen
    SQUIRT ?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : havent played here for a month or so,was just adding to  OP comments,look im not a stupid person and know full well that massif favourite in poker is never that massif,and any 2 cards can beat any other 2..but as OP said when mickey mouse play is beating proper play,over and over again,its got to make u wonder..if u can hang on to ur BR for 100000 hands its true u'll probly be a 'winner',but thats a big if..here..also i have never said im a gr8 poker player,so yes,my game is 'well flawed'..as is the vast majority here and elsewhere...however it seems that the skill bit of poker is 'minute' here..
    Posted by philmenow
    its not,but when you get to almost 250 million hands and then give a vehicle to complain about bad beats/play such as a forum you are bound to get a disproportionate amount of bad beat whines....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : SQUIRT ?
    Posted by annie_duke
    PMSL :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : The nutter would be me, strangely dazler actually took badly to my generosity.
    Posted by What_if

Well i wont name any names but strangly yes i did take badly to your play because there was none. I thankyou for my tripple up but if you go down to the 2-4 p stakes just to pee people off by going all in every hand. You probably from what you said have a good bank roll at the moment and play higher stakes but not everyone has money to burn and like to play the lower stakes because of this. But the way you were playing just spoilt it for everyone else at the table. Sure its your money and you can play as you like. He ll i did allright out of it but you played recklous and pointlessly just didnt get why you were doing it. 4 quid raise on a 2-4p blinds then a double up with a J3 37 or other rubbish and you kept hitting. then a 10quid raise then a 18quid raise on 2-4p blinds all pre flop, just silly but hey thats your choice as you said and i could have moved tables but thought why should i. im a better player than that ill take advantage of it, others wernt so luck.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : Well i wont name any names but strangly yes i did take badly to your play because there was none. I thankyou for my tripple up but if you go down to the 2-4 p stakes just to pee people off by going all in every hand. You probably from what you said have a good bank roll at the moment and play higher stakes but not everyone has money to burn and like to play the lower stakes because of this. But the way you were playing just spoilt it for everyone else at the table. Sure its your money and you can play as you like. He ll i did allright out of it but you played recklous and pointlessly just didnt get why you were doing it. 4 quid raise on a 2-4p blinds then a double up with a J3 37 or other rubbish and you kept hitting. then a 10quid raise then a 18quid raise on 2-4p blinds all pre flop, just silly but hey thats your choice as you said and i could have moved tables but thought why should i. im a better player than that ill take advantage of it, others wernt so luck.
    Posted by Dazler
    Tell me about it!!

That's why I don't normally play Cash but SKY POKER put nothing on this site to cater for us late night/early morning MTT or SNG players. Like you say, it is that players choice how he should play with HIS cash and not yours my friend. Caller him a nutter is a bit out of line IMHO as your did in the end benefit from his actions.

Anyway, GL @ the tables and spend your winnings wisely  :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : Tell me about it!! That's why I don't normally play Cash but SKY POKER put nothing on this site to cater for us late night/early morning MTT or SNG players. Like you say, it is that players choice how he should play with HIS cash and not yours my friend. Caller him a nutter is a bit out of line IMHO as your did in the end benefit from his actions. Anyway, GL @ the tables and spend your winnings wisely  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Well you and him seemed to be pals from what i gather so i admire you sticking up for him. and it was you he said that he was trying to annoy and i would use stronger words than nutter but hey im a nice person lol. If hes got so much money why play on low stakes? and spoil the game for others trying to make a buck or too just seemed pointless. just proved my point that thursday brings out the crazy in players lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is thursday beginners night : Well you and him seemed to be pals from what i gather so i admire you sticking up for him. and it was you he said that he was trying to annoy and i would use stronger words than nutter but hey im a nice person lol. If hes got so much money why play on low stakes? and spoil the game for others trying to make a buck or too just seemed pointless.
    Posted by Dazler
    If your aim is to make a buck or two then someone who shoves aipf every hand is exactly what you're looking for, I would think.