You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Q-Q first hand - what do you do here?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    i  would   put  a raise  say   4 times  the big  blind  hoping to  hit  my  trips   there ace  or a king on  the flop  i   would  play  with  caution   put  a   probe   out  to  see  how  strong there  hand is  or  whether  they  got  the  ace  or  king   if they  come  over the  top  with  a big  raise  i  would  fold  my  queens
  • edited June 2009
    was in nottingham yesterday 4 the spukt final and i got dealt QQ early on and called an allin at level 2 gut feeling was 2 fold but couldnt lay them down  .back home in wales 2day bitterly dissapointed WILL B FOLDIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE
  • edited June 2009
    Hi im fairly a experienced player playing bout 5years for fun /small stakes just wondered if the live poker tournaments were open to any player or have u got to be invited
  • edited June 2009
    i think i call a good proportion of the time.  i could write down a list of players i would fold against but if it was a random sky poker tourney player i havent played before i prob get the money in

tbh its only a semi final and having played a fair few tourneys on here there is a big number of players who shove rag aces early and i would say that there is a big enough number of times where villain turns over A 10 type hands to make calling here the most +ev decision in the long run.  obv each situation is different on personal reads etc
  • edited June 2009
    Sober let it go.  Drunk shove then moan to anyone that will hear it haha. 
  • edited June 2009
    pre-flop? absolutely!

3rd best hand in hold'em,simple as.
  • edited June 2009

Ofcourse all in or all out..  Gota ask yourself if you'd push with this hand, and for the chance to get a great start to the tourney then yes.  I'd be all in for sures..

• edited June 2009

Hi Guys

This has been a great discussion so far, so we are going to use it on The Club on the 4th Of July. We will pick the best posts and use them to discuss and argue whether callig with the QQ was the right play or not. Keep the posts coming.

• edited June 2009
    When someone pushes all in on the first hand it is more than likely to be aces. The villain with the aces is thinking i could either win a couple of 100 here (because the blinds are so low) which is almost pointless, lose a lot because so many people play drawing hands and the villain could be beat and unable to lay down his AA or he could try and get an early double up by being called by a big pair or sometimes even AK or AQ! So beware of all ins early on... THEY STINK OF THE ROCKETS!
  • edited July 2009
    FOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD