You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it.

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Anyone seen that Tourney in the Lobby - £220 to enter?

See "Sky Sports Double Stack", 29th April, & thereafter on the last Thursday of every month.

It's on t'telly, too.

Note, it's capped at fifty runners.

Satellites are available.

More news about this when it arrives. ;)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm registered :D
  • edited March 2010
    Sweet, will be fun to WATCH :)
  • edited March 2010
    Tikay..... you're such a Rock'....
  • edited March 2010
    why cap it though?
  • edited March 2010
    that wasnt a complaint btw, just a question!
  • edited March 2010
    Looks good, why only £8k prize pool though? Surely 50 X £200 = £10k???
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it.:
    Sweet, will be fun to WATCH :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 lol! a bit out of my bankroll range!
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by richtea
    Yes I laughed to .........................anywaysz waaaaaaaaaaay outta my range
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it.:
    Anyone seen that Tourney in the Lobby - £220 to enter? See "Sky Sports Double Stack", 29th April, & thereafter on the last Thursday of every month. It's on t'telly, too. Note, it's capped at fifty runners. Satellites are available. More news about this when it arrives. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
     this will be great too watch tk ,

and another milestone for skypoker well done ,

dont want too put a damper on it but the 12mins blinds ,

would you think 15mins blinds would be a better structure ,

just a thought and well done again .

p.s looking forward to watching it on  tv .

gl browndog in it  !

• edited March 2010
    In Response to You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it.:
    Anyone seen that Tourney in the Lobby - £220 to enter? See "Sky Sports Double Stack", 29th April, & thereafter on the last Thursday of every month. It's on t'telly, too. Note, it's capped at fifty runners. Satellites are available. More news about this when it arrives. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    now you need to work on the freeroles for us rich in poker points but poor in cash,shock us with something better than that  1k points buy in joke last week,WE CHALLENGE YOU
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by richtea
    In case only 40 players enter, if the whole 50 play then i presume it will be £10,000
  • edited March 2010
    Awesome! wont be able to play the 1st one as I will be on holiday but count me in for all the others! :)
  • edited March 2010
    How much are these satelittes and where are they i fancy a small pop at this but £220 is well out of my range. I assume top 8 get paid if it fills?
  • edited March 2010
    How much are these satelittes and where are they i fancy a small pop at this but £220 is well out of my range. I assume top 8 get paid if it fills?
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don,

Micro sats will run daily for £2.30, where 1 in 5 win a seat into the daily quarter final at 9.30pm each night (6.30 on Wednesdays)

The daily Qtr final is £10.50, 2000 chips 12 min blinds, where 1 in 5 win a seat to the weekly Semi final at 9.30pm on Wednesdays

The weekly semi final is £48, 4000 chips 12 min blinds, where 1 in 5 earn their place in the monthly £8K Sky Sports Double Stack.

all of the above are now up in the lobby:

Sky Sports Qtr Sat
    Sky Sports DS Qtr - highlighted
    Sky Sports DS semi - highlighted
    £8K Sky Sports DS - highlighted

Good luck guys enjoy

P.S. the tournament is shown live on Sky Sports and 865, hence we have gone with 4000 chips, 12 min blinds and capped at 50 runners. Most of you guys will remember the old 'Five-O' which had a similar cap, this way the plan is to have the whole final table played out live on TV.

P.P.S. yes the guarantee is £8K, but we hope it fills out every month to give a total prizepool of £10,000

P.P.P.S due to the player cap we may restrict direct buy-ins and/or amend satellites at some point depending on player interest.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by richtea
    guaranteed 8K.. so if only 20 runners = 4k.. the prize pool = 8k still

if u get over 40 runners then the prizepool increases 200 for every runner
  • edited March 2010
    woooop woooop!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it. : Hi Don, Micro sats will run daily for £2.30, where 1 in 5 win a seat into the daily quarter final at 9.30pm each night (6.30 on Wednesdays) The daily Qtr final is £10.50, 2000 chips 12 min blinds, where 1 in 5 win a seat to the weekly Semi final at 9.30pm on Wednesdays The weekly semi final is £48, 4000 chips 12 min blinds, where 1 in 5 earn their place in the monthly £8K Sky Sports Double Stack. all of the above are now up in the lobby: Sky Sports Qtr Sat Sky Sports DS Qtr - highlighted Sky Sports DS semi - highlighted £8K Sky Sports DS - highlighted Good luck guys enjoy P.S. the tournament is shown live on Sky Sports and 865, hence we have gone with 4000 chips, 12 min blinds and capped at 50 runners. Most of you guys will remember the old '' which had a similar cap, this way the plan is to have the whole final table played out live on TV. P.P.S. yes the guarantee is £8K, but we hope it fills out every month to give a total prizepool of £10,000 P.P.P.S due to the player cap we may restrict direct buy-ins and/or amend satellites at some point depending on player interest.
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    thanks Adam ill be in the quaters tomorrow
  • edited March 2010
    Any plans for anything in the middle of 30 and 200?!? Seems like a bit of a steep jump especially considering the numbers generated for the Sunday deepstacks when the BI was 100.

I'd also rather it wasn't shown on tv and instead there were longer blinds and antes that came in at some point??
  • edited March 2010
    I like the buyin level. 

However I would like to see:

* 20 minute blind levels 
    * A 100 cap or more
    * A 5000 or more starting stack
    * An improved blind structure with antes. Such as:

25, 50
    50, 100
    75, 150
    100, 200
    150, 300
    150, 300 (25)
    200, 400 (50)
    250, 500 (75)
    300, 600 (100)
    etc...
  • edited March 2010
    I like the buyin level.  However I would like to see: * 20 minute blind levels  * A 100 cap or more * A 5000 or more starting stack * An improved blind structure with antes. Such as: 25, 50 50, 100 75, 150 100, 200 150, 300 150, 300 (25) 200, 400 (50) 250, 500 (75) 300, 600 (100) etc...
    Posted by BrownnDog

So basically, apart from the buy in.........  you'd change .....  ..mmmmmmmm  everything ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Quality.....absolutely brilliant addition to Sky Poker!

Now to try and satellite through...Pffft!
  • edited March 2010
    now try and get a big 9 seater tourny every week and we all will be happy lol theres not enough 9 seater 1s at all
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it. : So basically, apart from the buy in.........  you'd change .....  ..mmmmmmmm  everything ;)
    Posted by JockBMW

lol umm...i like the name
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it. : So basically, apart from the buy in.........  you'd change .....  ..mmmmmmmm  everything ;)
    Posted by JockBMW
     soz jock m8y but browndog is the 1st to reg in this mtt ,

most likely you missed this no probs ,

looks like  he is  going too be one of the regulars to buy in ,

he is in titled to his say and the rest !

• edited March 2010

12 min  blinds is ok... dont forget its TV covered  so  finish time has to  be considered

This is like the old days
    (cant remember the tourney name then,  something Five O)  but  50 limit was great, it was only  when they  made it 500 that it lost it's edge and impact ..

The good thing with this kind of tourney is, with satellites from £2 ish  it gives everyone a shot at a big-time game , while having the spotlight of it being a TV event ..

Great to see this kind of tournament back !

I know I have a grizzle when things aren't right, but praise where praise is  due ..Well done Sky..  would that be Bernie ? 

• edited March 2010
    I played in a tournie on another nameless site recently where the structure was better than i've ever played before. Anything partially like it would improve the tournies on sky imo.

It was a 5k starting stack with 10/20 blinds with a 3 ante from the first level. Blinds then increased by only small amounts to 15/30/5 20/40/5 30/60/6 40/80/7 etc etc Not only did the blinds increase very slowly but the blind levels were half an hour in an online tournie. It was a 6 max tournament so the antes forced people to play, but every one was very deep so it was one of the most enjoyable tournaments i've ever had the pleasure of not cashing in! 
  • edited March 2010
    This looks great. Im playing the quarter finals atm after qualifying for £2 ;-) High roller me
  • edited March 2010
    Well done Flash...

Im playing too atm...I was sitting up at 4th for a bit but 2 hands in a row have just completely done me over...well down now.
  • edited March 2010
    great tourny ...just what we need.
    but why are the qualifiers for a double stack not double stack?
  • edited March 2010
    great tourny ...just what we need. but why are the qualifiers for a double stack not double stack?
    Posted by penguin7
    Check the semi, it is set at 12 min blinds 4k chips.. I dont think the £2 and £10 buyins justify having the same structure as they are just a fraction of the main buyin.