You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yes Charles thats good. Im okay anyway.... doubled my stack !
  • edited March 2010
    This tourney needs a name. How about....

THE FIVE-0?

Sounds quite catchy to me ;o)

• edited March 2010
    Sounds great and i'd love to have a go at entering, but i cant miss my darts night on a Thursday, any chance of alternating between the last Thursday and the last Wednesday of each month just to accommodate me??
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it.:
    Sounds great and i'd love to have a go at entering, but i cant miss my darts night on a Thursday, any chance of alternating between the last Thursday and the last Wednesday of each month just to accommodate me??
    Posted by loonytoons
    Very good point loony! I play pool on a Thursday night so I will not be able to enter either. I am sure Rover has his DIY classes on Thursday nights aswell.

So Sky......for those of us with a life away from 24/7 poker.......where is the alternative for us? Can you not try and get the odd Saturday night spot just after Game of the Day?......
  • edited March 2010
    congratulations sky, absolutely fantastic news, i will be playing this, its a bigger version of the FIVE0. great news, fantastic tourny. ill definately be registering for this soon.
  • edited March 2010
    is there a reason why when i load the mtt lobby up for this it says 3/35 registered? i thought it was 50 runner?
  • edited March 2010

Yes, there is a reason. I'll be Posting a LOT more details about this later this evening, once I have finished todays pe-records in the studio.

It IS a 50 Seat Tourney. ONLY 35 seats are for sale, direct, or via Satellites.

The other 15 seats will be...........given away. ;)

More later.

EDITED at 7.30pm Wednesday. Thanks for pointing out my glaring error, my apologies.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, there is a reason. I'll be Posting a LOT more details about this later this evening, once I have finished todays pe-records in the studio. It IS a 50 Seat Tourney. ONLY 35 seats are for sale, direct, or via Satellites. The other 35 seats will be...........given away. ;) More later.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    How can you leave us with a cliffhanger like that?
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, there is a reason. I'll be Posting a LOT more details about this later this evening, once I have finished todays pe-records in the studio. It IS a 50 Seat Tourney. ONLY 35 seats are for sale, direct, or via Satellites. The other 35 seats will be...........given away. ;) More later.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    And FYI.......35 + 35 = 70. I can see how you work your age out now! *cough*
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Slight calculation error Tikay? ;)
  • edited March 2010

Whoops, my apologies.

Yes, a typo/error/senior monment.

I meant, of course, that FIFTEEN seats (or so....) will be given away, so only 35 are for Sale, via Direct Buy-In, or Satellites.

I will Post the details later tonight, or in the morning. I am Reg'd for the 7pm tikay Sleepie (it began at 7pm, & it's 7.30 now), but we ran behind schedule in the Studio today, doing the pre-records. Which included a new Show......

Once again, my apologies. I'll Edit my original error now, too.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey Sky Rich,

Tell ya what  mate, as your having problems getting the 'Badge' for me (lol)... save yourself the bother, and I'll grab one of the free-bee tickets  going for this !!

WHAT  ??  ..whats the matter  with that..I think it's a great idea,  and saves you a lot of bother   :))
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, there is a reason. I'll be Posting a LOT more details about this later this evening, once I have finished todays pe-records in the studio. It IS a 50 Seat Tourney. ONLY 35 seats are for sale, direct, or via Satellites. The other 15 seats will be...........given away. ;) More later.   EDITED at 7.30pm Wednesday. Thanks for pointing out my glaring error, my apologies.
    Posted by Tikay10

well i hope you have a long straight  pe , and set a new record !

but do clean up in the studio when you finish !

gl with that m8y !

pmsl !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it. :  well i hope you have a long straight  pe , and set a new record !  but do clean up in the studio when you finish ! gl with that m8y ! pmsl !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Quote Edited by IrishRover, to insert a Typo that was never there.

Probably best to point that out given that he put an April Fool thread up today, & half the Forum fell for it. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it. : Quote Edited by IrishRover, to insert a Typo that was never there. Probably best to point that out given that he put an April Fool thread up today, & half the Forum fell for it. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    n1 tk ty !
  • edited March 2010
    what we actually WANT is tournaments that players can be bothered to enter--innit!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: You wanted Bigger Buy-In Tourneys? You got it. : Quote Edited by IrishRover, to insert a Typo that was never there. Probably best to point that out given that he put an April Fool thread up today, & half the Forum fell for it. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    No he mugged himself  thinking it was the 1st  today   :))

• edited April 2010
    let me have a guess that sky will run a poker points tourny and the top 15 will get seats, but the cost will be alot of points obviously which i dont mind that would be ok, i doubt it will be this though. 

i think the winner of this mtt should be given free entry the following week. 
  • edited April 2010
    i look forward to hearing what the news on the seats are. 
  • edited April 2010

Please note, the date of the first Sky Sports Double Stack has moved to Thursday April 22nd.

News of this, & much more about that Tourney & the new Thursday evening "LEAGUE" Tourneys, please see HERE