You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How are the cards dealt?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt?:
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : sorry I forgot that regs can do know wrong and have the right to to what ever they like on the site. Agaain so sorry as I am not a reg.
    Posted by kunster
    As far as I am aware, EVERYONE has an equal right to post on this forum so long as they abide by the site and forum rules. "Regulars" are certainly subject to the same restrictions as anyone else.
    I fail to see what your point is.

The OP implied that the site was "a bit bent" which seems to have a corollary of implying that regulars on this site are either, themselves, "a bit bent" or are mugs for playing here.

I would consider the responses pretty mild (and certainly humorous) considering the OP.

• edited March 2010
    Haha, and there you have it kunster! Even the mods can't see that the man asked "a simple question"!
    PMSL

Oh, by the way, sorry about the mispronunciation but obviously it is a common mistake to make!
  • edited March 2010
    Haha, and there you have it kunster! Even the mods can't see that the man asked "a simple question"! PMSL Oh, by the way, sorry about the mispronunciation but obviously it is a common mistake to make!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Haha dont know where u got the idea from bout my name.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : I'm pretty sure that you mean the "April Random Enforcement Act of 51". I hope that this helps.
    Posted by MereNovice
    errrr.......yeah! Cheers Vince, speeling wanna one of mi stwong subchecks at skool!!!
  • edited March 2010
    That's it Seagull, send him to area 51! The guy asks a perfectly serious question and what do you do? 'Ere mate go to area 51! I can't believe you would do such a thing! I'm now going for a lie down......nurse.......NURSE!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    The first post in the first thread is a post from Sky explaining how the deal works!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : MAN ASKED SIMPLE QUESTION, BUT THIS FORUM THINKS THERE ALL ALOAD OF JOKER .......UR NOT MIDDLE AGED MEN TRYING TO BE FUNNY HAHAH, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THE BLOKE THEN DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. WOW YOU GUYS WONDER WHY THERE ARE SOO MANT ARGUMENTS ON THIS FORUM.ITS PROBS COZ UR ALL TRYING TO BE WISE GUYS EH
    Posted by kunster
    I have pointed out the location of the answer 3 times now. FIRST POST IN FIRST THREAD IN AREA 51.
  • edited March 2010
    Pasted in rom a Sky post

We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application.

As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again.

So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site!

I'll leave you with a wee thought...

Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do?

A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only

That's all really.

For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards.

Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt).

The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle.

So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats?