You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
brisbo9 Small blind  50.00 50.00 2670.00
sabba Big blind  100.00 150.00 2855.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

TheHacker Call  100.00 250.00 2355.00
Dazler Raise  200.00 450.00 3845.00
blyth11 Fold     
susiewong Call  200.00 650.00 4010.00
brisbo9 Fold     
sabba Fold     
TheHacker Call  100.00 750.00 2255.00
Flop

• J
  • Q

TheHacker Bet  100.00 850.00 2155.00
Dazler Raise  200.00 1050.00 3645.00
susiewong Call  200.00 1250.00 3810.00
TheHacker Raise  200.00 1450.00 1955.00
Dazler All-in  3645.00 5095.00 0.00
susiewong Fold     
TheHacker All-in  1955.00 7050.00 0.00
Dazler Unmatched bet  1590.00 5460.00 1590.00
TheHacker Show

Dazler Show
  • J
  • Q
River

TheHacker Win Three 10s 5460.00  5460.00

WHY ON EARTH IS THIS MAN CALLING AFTER 2 OVER CARDS A RERAISE ANOTHER PLAYER BEFORE HIM CALLING AND HE RE RAISES THEN I GO ALL IN???? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THIS ALL WEEK AND ITS STARTING TO GETT ANOYING HE ENDED UP KNOCKING ME OUT WHEN I HAD AJ AND HE HAD Q9 I PUSH COS BLINDS ARE HIGH AND IM LOW STACKED COS OF HAND SHOWN AND GUESS WHAT 99 SOMETHING COMES ON THE FLOP. I ASK YOU SOME PEOPLE.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    i think this should be moved to the poker strategy section ;) nah only kiddin m8...me personally when im running bad,which i am at the mo,i get all defensive and real nitty ida folded there and then just dumped em
     not even seen the flop but thats just me. i also play alot less games and lower stakes untill i feel the corner has been turned..unlucky there dazler keep ya chin up it,ll turn
  • edited March 2010
    Ive said this 100 times b4 and i will say it again alot of players will not put down a lower than the board pocket pair because they are NOT a  good enough player to do so.dav
  • edited March 2010
    No turn.....rigged imo
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!:
    i think this should be moved to the poker strategy section ;) nah only kiddin m8...me personally when im running bad,which i am at the mo,i get all defensive and real nitty ida folded there and then just dumped em  not even seen the flop but thats just me. i also play alot less games and lower stakes untill i feel the corner has been turned..unlucky there dazler keep ya chin up it,ll turn
    Posted by stokefc
    lol yea i moved it back :) how dare they. Unfortunately i have been playing lower stakes and getting the same and yes it does change but only for a short time it seems before going all pete tong again. thanks for advice though :) 
  • edited March 2010
    No turn.....rigged imo
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    lol yea not sure why that was prob cut and paste it wrong.
  • edited March 2010
    Ive said this 100 times b4 and i will say it again alot of players will not put down a lower than the board pocket pair because they are NOT a  good enough player to do so.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    unfortunatly this is the case but ive played bad players realise there behind here. Guess somepeople just get excited cos they have a pocket pair in there hand and are going all in what ever. Very strange though
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! : unfortunatly this is the case but ive played bad players realise there behind here. Guess somepeople just get excited cos they have a pocket pair in there hand and are going all in what ever. Very strange though
    Posted by Dazler
    Keep notes! then variance will win for you you cant win every hand though it would be nice but 80 times out of 100 youd win that hand keep smiling
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! : Keep notes! then variance will win for you you cant win every hand though it would be nice but 80 times out of 100 youd win that hand keep smiling
    Posted by jubbley
    oh i definately got a note on this guy lol
  • edited March 2010
    and ive got a note on you, min raising with QJ in early position and then moaning about it afterwards, you really do need to look at your game imo cos thats a bad play from you
  • edited March 2010
    and ive got a note on you, min raising with QJ in early position and then moaning about it afterwards, you really do need to look at your game imo cos thats a bad play from you
    Posted by porkerman
    he was in early position i was behind him. And a min raise was all that was needed to bump up the pot if i hit. If he re-raises bigger pre flop im folding. i min raised on the flop to see if anyone had a part of it then i could make my move it was a probe bet. And if you think that was bad play i think you should look at your game maybe your the type to just go all in with what ever lol
  • edited March 2010
    you min raised pre flop in early position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donk play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    you min raised pre flop in early position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! donk play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by porkerman
    Dont talk wet im not raising big with that and he was behind me. listen to what i was saying. i was building the pot he only bet the min i raised to see wether i got a reraise. Making comments like makes you sound like a donk if you have coments to how you would play it go ahead other wise be constructive or say nothing
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! : Dont talk wet im not raising big with that and he was behind me. listen to what i was saying. i was building the pot he only bet the min i raised to see wether i got a reraise. Making comments like makes you sound like a donk if you have coments to how you would play it go ahead other wise be constructive or say nothing
    Posted by Dazler
    how does min raising give you any information on what ur opponents have? its a total donk play and everyone on the forum now will think the same!!

seriously mate you need to take a few lessons, i only charge £40 per hour
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! : how does min raising give you any information on what ur opponents have? its a total donk play and everyone on the forum now will think the same!! seriously mate you need to take a few lessons, i only charge £40 per hour
    Posted by porkerman
    that would be the biggest waist of money anyone could every spend getting lessons from you, get off here you numpty and stop waisting my time id like to see if anyone would call my play as donk play i think not apart from you. Tell me mr poker expert how would you have played it then you havnt said that yet.
  • edited March 2010
    i would have folded pre flop, the hacker flat calls 100 in first position, me thinks hes strong here and you dont have the poker brain that i have to fold, so you min raise, bad play bad read and get your coat cos your leaving pretty soon, as the hacker shows his set!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    i would have folded pre flop, the hacker flat calls 100 in first position, me thinks hes strong here and you dont have the poker brain that i have to fold, so you min raise, bad play bad read and get your coat cos your leaving pretty soon, as the hacker shows his set!!!!
    Posted by porkerman
    lol .you are right though min raise was terrible play imo
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by porkerman
    hes strong cos he just calls 100 under the gun so you fold lmao and you call me a donk. im glad i dont have your stupid poker brain. That makes no sense what so ever and even if he was strong he wasnt when the flop hit and should not have called so dosnt matter how i played it pre flop. I was expecting a better explanation than that lmao.
  • edited March 2010
    even lovely jubbley has agreed that your play was terrible, sorry dazler but we all learn from our mistakes, what makes me really laugh is that you think QJ soooooooooooooooooted is a good hand pmsl
  • edited March 2010
    even lovely jubbley has agreed that your play was terrible, sorry dazler but we all learn from our mistakes, what makes me really laugh is that you think QJ soooooooooooooooooted is a good hand pmsl
    Posted by porkerman
    lovely jubbley said nothing of the sort and i find you very boring now. You think you know better and it seems you dont. so i will not comment to you any more cos its pointless.
  • edited March 2010
    he said your min raise was terrible!!! are you completely blind or just in 2 eyes?
  • edited March 2010
    pre flop bad play.
    Min raise post flop bad play.
    Shove on the reraise good play.
    just got unlucky when he hits his two outer.
    You've asked for advice and you don't like what you've heard.
  • edited March 2010
    pre flop bad play. Min raise post flop bad play. Shove on the reraise good play. just got unlucky when he hits his two outer. You've asked for advice and you don't like what you've heard.
    Posted by Mohican
    ok for one its got nothing to do with not liking what ive heard i can take constructive critisism. What i dont like are stupid comments calling me a donk. and with the min raise not only am i bumping up the pot if i hit and thinning out the field so only 3 players in not 6. I also am showing strength by raising the min without getting commited and losing a large amount if i dont hit. Its an average hand and is beat by a lot pre flop and i was testing the water. I did hit and the point here is not what i did pre flop whether it be bad or good its what happend after the flop. I raised 4 times the blind in total and im not putting any more than that with said hand. Its not how i always play that hand but it was this time. he was a loose player and had gone all in with rubbbish before hand so if i raise to say 300-400 and he goes all in pre ive lost a big chunk of my stack.
  • edited March 2010
    back tracking a bit now dazler, glad we have improved your game anyway, next time you wont make the same play and you know it!!
  • edited March 2010
    back tracking a bit now dazler, glad we have improved your game anyway, next time you wont make the same play and you know it!!
    Posted by porkerman
    no not at all id play that way more often than not in that situation. it did exactly what i wanted and kept me in control of the play.
  • edited March 2010
    ok lol you keep thinking that, it seems you just cant be told
  • edited March 2010
    ok lol you keep thinking that, it seems you just cant be told
    Posted by porkerman
    certainly not by you. considering you would fold QJ suited on a min raise lol.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! : certainly not by you. considering you would fold QJ suited on a min raise lol.
    Posted by Dazler
    cant stop laughing at this, will someone polease tell this bloke that QJ sooooooooooted is rubbish!!!!!
  • edited March 2010

He played queen jack suited, face up. Its a decent hand, it has great potential, but isn't a powerhouse hand.

The min raise is "sitting on the fence" - you aren't committing to the hand.

What are you trying to achieve by the min raise? - Tempting someone to come over the top? - Trying to steal the  blinds? - Hoping to see a cheap flop?

Your raises need to be consistent, if you raise 3xbb with AA, but 200 with weaker hands, good players will pick up on this and you will get crushed. 

JQs is a good hand to play deep stacked, with small blinds. Time and a place to play it speculatively, and other times, it needs to be played strongly. I'd argue the example you gave, is a time to play it strong, or not at all.

Btw Im amazed the pocket tens don't raise you pre flop, maybe he smelt a rat with the min raise (I doubt it as he gets it in on the flop) lol

DOHH

• edited March 2010
    the min raise is a total joke, i would encourage my opponents to always min raise me cos its one of the worst moves in poker, apart from a nuts min raise for value on showdown, but hey, old dazler is getting all the info he needed by doing it lmao
  • edited March 2010

lol yeh its not a good play really - its like he didn't know what to do so he just clicked raise - it looks so weak - and it is weak...

Then again what sort of player is Dazler? will he fold to a re raise? If I was in the blind here, and Dazler did that, I would re pop it make it 650 total, with alot of rubbish hands - If I knew he could fold !!

I he's a station - then no point (deffo wud with my tens tho)